Sign in to follow this  
toolg

Kaepernick and Reid settle collusion case with NFL

Backstory: Kaepernick and Reid had filed lawsuits against NFL claiming teams were colluding against them. That Kaepernick was blacklisted and Reid couldn’t get a contract for his full worth. 

If I get more time I’ll try to look up some articles about this. 

EDIT: This Eric Reid thread mentions it. LINK

Edited by toolg

This is what im guessing..

They paid Kaep $10m and told him to find somewhere else to play. Forever.

Pisses me off these guy got paid to shut up. We as providers of their salaries are just as bad. When all this political bull started I should have just stopped watching. These players are paid by us fans and by all means should shut their mouths and play. You wanna take a stand do it at you're sons birthday party at chucky cheese otherwise play the game your paid to and shut ur hole . I don't wanna hear about political inequality according to them when I'm enjoying a game I pay to see. 

1 hour ago, giggity_goo said:

Pisses me off these guy got paid to shut up. We as providers of their salaries are just as bad. When all this political bull started I should have just stopped watching. These players are paid by us fans and by all means should shut their mouths and play. You wanna take a stand do it at you're sons birthday party at chucky cheese otherwise play the game your paid to and shut ur hole . I don't wanna hear about political inequality according to them when I'm enjoying a game I pay to see. 

If all you care about as you say is enjoying a game you pay to see than maybe you should gave stopped watching the day the NFL decided to start every game with a flag ceremony paid for by the US military.😒

I saw somewhere its rumored he got 60 to 80 million in a settlement. Not sure how reliable that is though.

place of work where you create your own crap storm, screw yourself over because of it and then get paid out for it. If I did the same crap that they did I would expect to get fired immediately without any compensation.

They should have gone to court.

And the result should have been this:

tumblr_mkcme2NYzu1r426i4o3_r1_250.gif

3 hours ago, toolg said:

Backstory: Kaepernick and Reid had filed lawsuits against NFL claiming teams were colluding against them. That Kaepernick was blacklisted and Reid couldn’t get a contract for his full worth. 

If I get more time I’ll try to look up some articles about this. 

Dude, don't bother.  Let's just put this to bed. 

Kaep sucked at football, keeled during the anthem and now received a settlement from the NFL, a huge contract from Nike and has dozens of other endorsers. He's better off than he would have been. Case closed. 

Reid sued his employer, received a settlement from said employer PLUS a new 3 year $22M contract (wish I could do that). He's better off than he would have been. Case closed. 

1 hour ago, nveagle5 said:

They should have gone to court.

And the result should have been this:

tumblr_mkcme2NYzu1r426i4o3_r1_250.gif

If so, why did they settle?

The way I read this is, there must be something in the way the teams deal players that they don’t want the NFLPA and everyone else knowing about it. They paid them not to talk about it anymore. 

I honestly don't think Kaep/Reid got a real payout.

They both struggled mightily before ended up out of the league until Reid worked his way back in. Both had been benched. Kaepernick had been benched twice in favor of Blaine Gabbert and didn't kneel until he officially lost his job in training camp.

Reid falsly accused the NFL of targeting him with drug tests and now has a nice new contract. Kaepernick had already turned down the CFL and it was just reported that he demanded $20 million to play for AAF.

All the other kneelers who are good players are still in the league.

The case was crumbling and so both parties can save face with NIKE, they probably called the whole thing off with a non-disclosure agreement so everyone can think what they want.

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

I saw somewhere its rumored he got 60 to 80 million in a settlement. Not sure how reliable that is though.

Doubtful. Even those reporting that are admitting its pure speculation.

6 hours ago, giggity_goo said:

Watch the game then. No ones forcing you to listen to what they have to say after the game. 

3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Dude, don't bother.  Let's just put this to bed. 

Kaep sucked at football, keeled during the anthem and now received a settlement from the NFL, a huge contract from Nike and has dozens of other endorsers. He's better off than he would have been. Case closed. 

Reid sued his employer, received a settlement from said employer PLUS a new 3 year $22M contract (wish I could do that). He's better off than he would have been. Case closed. 

Plus, the other side makes so much money that throwing away $50-$100 million made the most financial sense.

3 hours ago, toolg said:

If so, why did they settle?

The way I read this is, there must be something in the way the teams deal players that they don’t want the NFLPA and everyone else knowing about it. They paid them not to talk about it anymore. 

You know the real reason the settled.

11 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

Doubtful. Even those reporting that are admitting its pure speculation.

It does seem like an awful lot I agree with you. It was the only number I saw attached to it though. It will probably come out soon.

14 hours ago, Utebird said:

If all you care about as you say is enjoying a game you pay to see than maybe you should gave stopped watching the day the NFL decided to start every game with a flag ceremony paid for by the US military.😒

That has been invited by all sports teams since the early 50s .I don't recall when kneeling and being but hurt because ya weren't good enough to play so ya cry because you're not playing was introduced.  Oh wait...its about police brutality against criminals

I just don't get people who say he threw away a career. No. He had opportunities to sign a contract but overvalued himself. He thought he was a starter worth 20 mil, when in reality he would be an ok backup worth maybe half that if a team is desperate. 

If he really loved the game he would have taken one of those backup deals and proved he was starter material. Instead he chose to bish and moan because he thinks he's better than he actually is.

48 minutes ago, giggity_goo said:

That has been invited by all sports teams since the early 50s .I don't recall when kneeling and being but hurt because ya weren't good enough to play so ya cry because you're not playing was introduced.  Oh wait...its about police brutality against criminals

Yes except  players would stay in locker room during national anthem until 2009 when military started paying NFL to have players participate in "patriotic displays"

Basically promoting the military.

Like i say if all you want is to watch football where was your outrage beginning in 2009 when the US military partnered with the NFL to spew their imperialistic nationalistic propaganda?

31 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Yes except  players would stay in locker room during national anthem until 2009 when military started paying NFL to have players participate in "patriotic displays"

Basically promoting the military.

Like i say if all you want is to watch football where was your outrage beginning in 2009 when the US military partnered with the NFL to spew their imperialistic nationalistic propaganda?

There was no outrage then because players were only in locker rooms during the anthem on primetime games due to time issues.

Even the left leaning snopes acknowledges this.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nfl-sideline-anthem/

It got the point where it was ridiculous. There was the one London game where players kneeled for the US anthem but then stood for the British anthem. Huh?

The US anthem was written while Britain was attacking the US 

In a game in Mexico, Marshawn Lynch sat for the US anthem but then stood for the Mexican anthem. 2 years earlier, Mexico didn't even recognize Black people as citizens.

It was absurd from the start and Kaepernick is a fraud. Notice how quiet he's been since he wasn't able to use the NFL as a platform? 

58 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

There was no outrage then because players were only in locker rooms during the anthem on primetime games due to time issues.

Even the left leaning snopes acknowledges this.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nfl-sideline-anthem/

It got the point where it was ridiculous. There was the one London game where players kneeled for the US anthem but then stood for the British anthem. Huh?

The US anthem was written while Britain was attacking the US 

In a game in Mexico, Marshawn Lynch sat for the US anthem but then stood for the Mexican anthem. 2 years earlier, Mexico didn't even recognize Black people as citizens.

It was absurd from the start and Kaepernick is a fraud. Notice how quiet he's been since he wasn't able to use the NFL as a platform? 

Thats all beside the point. If one claims that all they want is to watch football without being interrupted by something non football then where is ones outrage when in 2009 the nfl decided to partner with the military to create a commercialized elaborate flag ceremony.

What does. A flag ceremony have to do with football? Or any sport? 

Ive been to many venues for forms of entertainment, plays, movies, opera, art shows ect...none of those start with a flag ceremony.

Ive worked many jobs and unless its in the military or an elementary school ive never been forced by my employer to participate in a flag ceremony before starting work, crap like that only happens in fascist regimes or orwell novels.

I find peoples outrage of players kneeling during the anthem to be inconsistent with their claimed reasons of outrage.

13 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Thats all beside the point. If one claims that all they want is to watch football without being interrupted by something non football then where is ones outrage when in 2009 the nfl decided to partner with the military to create a commercialized elaborate flag ceremony.

What does. A flag ceremony have to do with football? Or any sport? 

Ive been to many venues for forms of entertainment, plays, movies, opera, art shows ect...none of those start with a flag ceremony.

Ive worked many jobs and unless its in the military or an elementary school ive never been forced by my employer to participate in a flag ceremony before starting work, crap like that only happens in fascist regimes or orwell novels.

I find peoples outrage of players kneeling during the anthem to be inconsistent with their claimed reasons of outrage.

Fair but i think it has more to do with it being in their face. It simply wasn't noticed before. Then people saw a struggling qb that had just been benched for a 2nd time, protest the anthem in order to stay relevant. 

They also werent much of a fan of it becoming the constant story on ESPN and such. They couldn't escape it. They just wanted to watch football.

5 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Fair but i think it has more to do with it being in their face. It simply wasn't noticed before. Then people saw a struggling qb that had just been benched for a 2nd time, protest the anthem in order to stay relevant. 

They also werent much of a fan of it becoming the constant story on ESPN and such. They couldn't escape it. They just wanted to watch football.

True and in that case the media has just as much blame as Kap for continuing to perpetuate the story.