Sign in to follow this  
stang8118

Antonio Brown Saga

Wow what a freaking mess this has turned into. This reminds me so much of the 2005 T.O. off season...

The elliptical video is like the 2019 version of TO's push-ups in the driveway interview:

Is this even a saga? He's not important enough for this to be categorized as a saga. He's a WR, not a QB, LT, DE, or DB (all positions that are more important). They already have a replacement on the roster. They just need a new #2 WR. 

5 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Is this even a saga? He's not important enough for this to be categorized as a saga. He's a WR, not a QB, LT, DE, or DB (all positions that are more important). They already have a replacement on the roster. They just need a new #2 WR. 

I could definitely see OBJ doing something like this in his future

8 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

I could definitely see OBJ doing something like this in his future

So could I....

I wouldn't take him if they traded US picks like the Osweiler thing.

I have a saying, because somebody has to come up with them: If you're capable of doing something repulsive, then you're also capable of repeating it.

What promise is there that he wouldn't get pissed at Garoppolo, Goff, Luck and walk out at halftime again? Are we gonna get an elliptical instagram tweet about the Redskins dysfunction next October? Will he be called into Jerry Jones's office to discuss what went wrong this time next year?

Does the NFL allow the use of Prozac?

Just a random thought . . . 

On 2/19/2019 at 11:48 AM, BKLYNYG said:

James Washington looked good at times last year. Wouldn't shock me if he got the 2nd receiver spot. Seems the Steelers always do well once their top guy moves on.

The Steelers need a complete reboot. They need to fire Tomlin. They need to get rid of their GM who is giving Big Ben the license to continue being a cancer.  They need to get rid of Big Ben because he calls out players in the media and isn't accountable himself. They need a complete culture change.

9 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

The Steelers need a complete reboot. They need to fire Tomlin. They need to get rid of their GM who is giving Big Ben the license to continue being a cancer.  They need to get rid of Big Ben because he calls out players in the media and isn't accountable himself. They need a complete culture change.

They won't do it as long as they are successful. They haven't had a losing season in forever... I wonder if missing the playoffs and losing the division to the Ravens last season woke them up? I wonder if the fans are ready to blow the whole thing up and go through some lean years of rebuilding? It would signal the end of an era to them. Were Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell always like this? Or did the Steelers organization turn them into primadonnas?

It's amazing that the Steelers have only had 2 head coaches since Chuck Knoll (Cowher and Tomlin). I don't see that trend ending anytime soon. Especially since they haven't had a losing record under Tomlin since he took over in 2007.

I do think they need new blood, but it's not the team's MO to dump a guy that quick.

On 2/21/2019 at 4:02 PM, McNabbIsGone said:

Does the NFL allow the use of Prozac?

Just a random thought . . . 

Don't know but I know there's a long list of prescription and over the counter stuff they can't use

It’s great watching ESPN desperately try and flip the narrative to make AB look like the victim. Watching parts of the interview with that guy actually had the reverse affect on me. I think he’s an even bigger **** now than I did before. 

On 2/19/2019 at 1:51 PM, TheGodfather said:

Baby TO

Well Owens is his mentor. And he is a Rosenhaus client.

1 minute ago, Boss Hawg said:

Well Owens is his mentor. And he is a Rosenhaus client.

That's all that needs to be said Boss

4 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

It’s great watching ESPN desperately try and flip the narrative to make AB look like the victim. Watching parts of the interview with that guy actually had the reverse affect on me. I think he’s an even bigger **** now than I did before. 

agreed 

hopefully karma is waiting just around the corner 

More AB. I wish I knew how to embed streamable videos on here.

https://streamable.com/74gtt

Anyway AB sounds like a bumble brained buffoon the manner in which he speaks. The clip is from Lebron James' barbershop show, and AB talks about Big Ben blaming him for running a bad route, which made Big Ben throw an interception.

It feels like Steelers players view Big Ben like Donovan McNabb with the passive aggressive behavior and blaming others around him.

That video of Fits basically saying Brown should be thankful he had Ben throwing to him instead of crap was surprising

21 hours ago, mike030270 said:

That video of Fits basically saying Brown should be thankful he had Ben throwing to him instead of crap was surprising

Not really, have you seen Fitzgerald’s QB list? Anywhere Brown goes other than Indy, he has no shot at 1500 yards.

12 minutes ago, Havenless said:

Not really, have you seen Fitzgerald’s QB list? Anywhere Brown goes other than Indy, he has no shot at 1500 yards.

You must have misunderstood when I said it was surprising. I didn't think Fitz would actually say that publicly like that

9 minutes ago, KOJO said:

Aaaaand he's off to the tundra of upstate NY. :lol:

The Steelers probably took less just to send him off to frigid Buffalo. And, they didn't care if it was an AFC team.