Sign in to follow this  
stang8118

Antonio Brown Saga

58 minutes ago, Procus said:

Be careful what you wish for . . .

That was my exact thoughts when I read he'd been traded to Buffalo. Hilarious if you ask me.

5 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

The Steelers probably took less just to send him off to frigid Buffalo. And, they didn't care if it was an AFC team.

Sending him there won't come back to haunt them.

This is why you wait for Shefter. He remained quiet all night last night, and while NFL.com had Brown plastered on their front page in a Bills uniform, Shefter told ESPN not to run the story yet.

Is kinda funny Mod5 closed the AB posts saying he was traded to Buff, lol. This is why you wait till its finalized. Guess he never learned from the LeCharles Bentley drama, lol

Not that I want AB, I think hes a head case, but funny people jumped the gun so quick on it, lol. 

55 minutes ago, Havenless said:

This is why you wait for Shefter. He remained quiet all night last night, and while NFL.com had Brown plastered on their front page in a Bills uniform, Shefter told ESPN not to run the story yet.

I do believe there was a deal in place. I just think that AB told them he wouldn't play in Buffalo, and that nixed the agreed upon deal. 

Just speculating 

Just now, DeathByEagle said:

Is kinda funny Mod5 closed the AB posts saying he was traded to Buff, lol. This is why you wait till its finalized. Guess he never learned from the LeCharles Bentley drama, lol

Not that I want AB, I think hes a head case, but funny people jumped the gun so quick on it, lol. 

By the time you read this post, LeCharles Bentley will be an Eagle. 

Please football gods let him be traded to Buffalo.

AB won't be playing for the Bills.

Here is a good article breaking down the situation: LINK

Related image

It was thought the Steelers hold all the leverage in trade negotiations, since they have AB under contract. But AB just proved them wrong: he could refuse to play for the new team. So why would someone, like the Bills, trade away a draft pick for a player that won't play and they have to cut? They won't.

Brown is leveraging for a new contract but he needs to be careful here. If every other NFL team is turned off and he's stuck on the Steelers playing on his current deal... He's left with no guarantees, the Steelers could simply cut him if he won't play, and perhaps he will have no team interested to sign him.

Edited by toolg
Bad link. (Eli manning face)

4 hours ago, toolg said:

Here is a good article breaking down the situation: LINK

It was thought the Steelers hold all the leverage in trade negotiations, since they have AB under contract. But AB just proved them wrong: he could refuse to play for the new team. So why would someone, like the Bills, trade away a draft pick for a player that won't play and they have to cut? They won't.

Brown is leveraging for a new contract but he needs to be careful here. If every other NFL team is turned off and he's stuck on the Steelers playing on his current deal... He's left with no guarantees, the Steelers could simply cut him if he won't play, and perhaps he will have no team interested to sign him.

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/antonio-brown-explaining-steelers-options-2019-offseason

Lmao

9 minutes ago, toolg said:

Sorry my link was bad. LINK The picture was apt though.

No it wasnt bad.  It was a great link...

A lot of rumors out there it is the Raiders... Gruden? Las Vegas in 2020? We will see...

It's bad when even the bills come out and say na we'll pass. I'll give the Steelers the fifth we just got from the pats for him. 

22 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

It's bad when even the bills come out and say na we'll pass. I'll give the Steelers the fifth we just got from the pats for him. 

I gave you a like for the first statement.

But as for the second statement...

Image result for hard pass

Is Carr still their QB? I thought there were reports he was on the out

Going to a team that has as much dysfunction as Raiders is just funny

15 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

I gave you a like for the first statement.

But as for the second statement...

Image result for hard pass

I'll take him for a year

Raiders fans are so excited. I’m just confused as to why!

He’ll most likely be the highest paid WR in the league at age 31. Raiders are 3rd best in the division. Guess you can make a case for 4th.

Will they even make the playoff during AB’s time there?

If he were traded to a team ready to compete then I could understand the excitement... But he's not! The Raiders are a good couple of years away at least! And by the time they are he will be 33/34.

4 hours ago, Captain F said:

Who is throwing him the ball? 

Some Carrbage bum