Sign in to follow this  
stang8118

Antonio Brown Saga

Honestly Antonio Brown just wants to be in a better market and get paid a ton of money. The Raiders can provide that for him.

Don't be surprised if he demands a contract that keeps him there for at least 5 years.

7 hours ago, Captain F said:

Who is throwing him the ball? 

Carr. Guess they decided to keep him🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If he were traded to a team ready to compete then I could understand the excitement... But he's not! The Raiders are a good couple of years away at least! And by the time they are he will be 33/34.

NFL is so unpredictable.  Raiders could reload this free agency and what if they hit on those 3 1st round picks?  Not saying they will win the SB but they could be contenders in 2019.  After Wentz's rookie year many thought we were still 2-3 years away.

I'm just surprised it was only a 3rd and 5th given up for AB.  Thought he'd get at least a 1st back.  Steelers got screwed if you ask me.

Man, raiders did pretty well for themselves especially when you consider they traded cooper for a first. Combining the trades, they gave up cooper, a third and a fifth, and got brown and a first. Not a bad haul.

6 hours ago, RepPhilly said:

NFL is so unpredictable.  Raiders could reload this free agency and what if they hit on those 3 1st round picks?  Not saying they will win the SB but they could be contenders in 2019.  After Wentz's rookie year many thought we were still 2-3 years away.

I'm just surprised it was only a 3rd and 5th given up for AB.  Thought he'd get at least a 1st back.  Steelers got screwed if you ask me.

Steelers had no choice. They got screwed by their 2 best players. 

Well, he got his $$$$ so good for him if that is what he wanted.   I still can't believe he would rather have Carr over Rothlisberger throwing him the ball.    For the Eagles, I'll take Alshon Jeffrey all the way over Brown.    

12 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Gruden does love his old guys

What's wrong with newer guys to him?

9 hours ago, RepPhilly said:

Well, Steelers had little leverage. They really wanted AB gone.

2 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Steelers had no choice. They got screwed by their 2 best players. 

This is why Eagles don't get players like them.

8 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

What's wrong with newer guys to him?

Well, Steelers had little leverage. They really wanted AB gone.

This is why Eagles don't get players like them.

He has a history of not having the patience to deal with younger players. 

12 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

He has a history of not having the patience to deal with younger players. 

I question how great of a coach Gruden is. Would he be patient with draft picks they got? Would he be patient with a young QB? Typically, how old are his rosters?

10 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

I question how great of a coach Gruden is. Would he be patient with draft picks they got? Would he be patient with a young QB? Typically, how old are his rosters?

Well when he got traded from the raiders the first time he had the oldest roster in the league. When he won the super bowl with the bucs he had one of the oldest rosters in the league. Then when they would draft younger players he gave up on them after a couple of seasons. Hell just this season he was arguing with his players and one of them being carr

20 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Well when he got traded from the raiders the first time he had the oldest roster in the league. When he won the super bowl with the bucs he had one of the oldest rosters in the league. Then when they would draft younger players he gave up on them after a couple of seasons. Hell just this season he was arguing with his players and one of them being carr

It's not good to give up on them too fast. Did those younger players succeed elsewhere? Gruden needs to learn to deal with them since Raiders got lots of picks.

On 3/10/2019 at 9:06 PM, gameshowfan91 said:

If Gruden scaled back on his arrogance then he'd actually be a great coach. But yea I just don't see him having the success.

17 hours ago, Eagles9193 said:

Just read Eagles were interested

maybe raiders offered more 

Steelers wanted 2 first round picks from Eagles plus the new contract Brown wanted. Howie wasn’t going to let that happen

21 hours ago, Eagles9193 said:

Just read Eagles were interested

maybe raiders offered more 

I'm sure every team in the league was interested.

Antonio Brown: JuJu Smith-Schuster fumbled our postseason away

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/07/antonio-brown-juju-smith-schuster-fumbled-our-postseason-away/

Antonio Brown is done in Pittsburgh, but he’s not done taking shots at his former teammates.

Brown tweeted this afternoon that Steelers wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster cost the Steelers a playoff berth when he fumbled late in their Week 16 loss to the Saints.

"Emotion: boy fumbled the whole post season in the biggest game of year,” Brown wrote. "Everyone went blind to busy making guys famous not enough reality these days!”

Brown isn’t necessarily wrong about that: If the Steelers had won the game against the Saints, as they had a great chance of doing before Smith-Schuster fumbled, they would have made the playoffs.

But what is Brown getting out of bringing it up now? He’s no longer in Pittsburgh, and he looks petty by attacking Smith-Schuster, who has acknowledged he let the team down and called the fumble his lowest moment. Brown made his comments in response to a fan who tweeted at him that Smith-Schuster was the team’s MVP last season. There were reports at the time that Brown was offended not to be chosen for the award himself, and this tweet does nothing to change the perception that Brown has an inferiority complex.

JuJu Smith-Schuster: Crazy how big Antonio Brown’s ego got

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/07/juju-smith-schuster-crazy-how-big-antonio-browns-ego-got/

It didn’t take long for JuJu Smith-Schuster to respond to Antonio Brown ripping Smith-Schuster on social media.

After Brown said Smith-Schuster fumbled the Steelers’ postseason away, Smith-Schuster expressed surprise that a former friend would take a shot at him like that.

"Keep your emotions off the internet,” Smith-Schuster wrote, in a series of tweets. "All I ever did was show that man love and respect from the moment I got to the league. I was genuinely happy for him too when he got traded to Oakland w/ a big contract, and now he takes shots at me on social media? Crazy how big that ego got to be to take shots at people who show you love!”

Smith-Schuster followed that up with a quote that is often attributed to Mark Twain but does not appear in any of his published work: "Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

so thankful the raiders offered way more than we did for AB

cant wait to see how this plays out in Oakland or vegas or wherever the hell they play next year 

nutcase diva WR + head coach still stuck in 2003 + overrated qb

what could go wrong? 

Raiders were not a good place for him. It will be fun to watch the collapse of that locker room

5 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Raiders were not a good place for him. It will be fun to watch the collapse of that locker room

Agree. The grass isn't always greener. 

Like Terrell Owens, you'd love to have the talent, but the idiot comes along with it so 9 times out of 10 you're better off not having either.