Sign in to follow this  
VaBeach_Eagle

Johnny Manziel kicked out of the CFL

46 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

And yet Jon Gruden spent about the first three hours of that draft constantly pushing for whatever team was on the clock to pick Manziel. It was ridiculous.

Gruden was doing the broadcast? I was away from home for that draft, cleaning out my late uncle's house to prepare it for sale. So I didn't get to see much of that draft. I think I was watching (what I could), on PE.COM.

11 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Gruden was doing the broadcast? I was away from home for that draft, cleaning out my late uncle's house to prepare it for sale. So I didn't get to see much of that draft. I think I was watching (what I could), on PE.COM.

He was commenting on one of the networks, either ESPN or NFL Network. I constantly flip back and forth based on how much I hate the current person talking. In hindsight, I guess it's odd that I would have heard what Gruden had to say since he's annoying as hell. The other network must have had someone even worse.

At any rate, yeah, Gruden was doing commentary that night and was ridiculous in his endorsement for Johnny Football.

On 3/1/2019 at 8:15 PM, bwestbrook36 said:

Who did you have to convince of that? I'm pretty sure mostly anyone besides the browns thought he was a joke

What?  There were plenty of pundits had him top 10.  Story of the draft was him falling to Browns.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

What?  There were plenty of pundits had him top 10.  Story of the draft was him falling to Browns.

Pundits, sure. But as we've seen, most GMs didn't rate him that high.

6 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

The Browns traded up (with us) to get him.

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The Browns traded up (with us) to get him.

I remember how worried I was that we'd waste the first round pick on him. Then we ended up taking Marcus Smith. I still think it was a better decision.

On 3/3/2019 at 6:49 PM, zenclaybourne said:

I remember how worried I was that we'd waste the first round pick on him. Then we ended up taking Marcus Smith. I still think it was a better decision.

Whose Marcus Smith??? Never heard of the guy doesn't ring any bells😉

Does anyone really care about him anymore? I think at this point everyone knows he sucks giant monkey ____. 

3 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Does anyone really care about him anymore? I think at this point everyone knows he sucks giant monkey ____. 

I thought that was beyond obvious before he was drafted but hey...

Some people are given up at first opportunity, some people get chance after chance after chance.

7 hours ago, zenclaybourne said:

I thought that was beyond obvious before he was drafted but hey...

Yep, called him being a bust from day 1. There were actually Eagle fans that wanted him in that draft. 

7 hours ago, Bored said:

Some people are given up at first opportunity, some people get chance after chance after chance.

To be honest, the only one I can remember with more college success immediately given up on was Tim Tebow.

21 hours ago, SBorBust said:

To be honest, the only one I can remember with more college success immediately given up on was Tim Tebow.

Because he throws a football like Conor McGregor.

Manziel is a self-defeatist. The worst kind of loser.😧

I'm more interested in Jimmer Fredette's comeback at this point.