greenskeeper

DALLASS.....

33 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

The hard truth is starting to settle in for Dallas: the vaunted O-Line is above average at best.  La'ell Collins will be back at Guard by 2019, Conner Williams is rookie adjusting inside and Looney sucks.  Zack Martin is still a beast so its not a bad line and we'll see how much of the old Tyron Smith we get to make it above average.

But this is easily, hands down and no question, the 3rd best O-Line in the division so its not taking them anywhere.

Nope. Impossible. Collins was one of 3 1st round picks Dallas acquired that year.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

The hard truth is starting to settle in for Dallas: the vaunted O-Line is above average at best.  La'ell Collins will be back at Guard by 2019, Conner Williams is rookie adjusting inside and Looney sucks.  Zack Martin is still a beast so its not a bad line and we'll see how much of the old Tyron Smith we get to make it above average.

But this is easily, hands down and no question, the 3rd best O-Line in the division so its not taking them anywhere.

It's not even above average. 

If Collins goes back to guard it will be because they need help at G....not because he can't play RT. I saw a sarcastic (he was a 1st rounder comment below)...but he's played to that level. He was flat out dominant the last 3/4 of last year at RT and yesterday he was called for 2 penalties, one was bogus, one was legit and I think he gave up a sack. Tyron Smith committed 2 penalties early, but otherwise played well. If you are pointing your fingers at those guys, you are wrong.

The problem yesterday was at LG and Center. The LG is a rookie and he got killed yesterday. I think the kid is going to be fine when he bulks up, but in the meantime any big physical DT is going to give him a lot of problems....I'm scared for him vs Philly and NY is they are smart enough to put Snacks over him on every snap. Looney is just a guy at C...not great, not bad....the problem is they are side by side..and it magnifies their weaknesses. If Frederick was there to help, the rookie might be ok.

Those aren't excuses, just facts because it's on the FO for not having depth there or a better option at LG. That weakness was magnified once again by a coaching staff that did not adjust...6 sacks, constant pressure and Dallas never once went to quick passes...Dak is dropping back, under pressure and every receiver is running 10-15 yards down the field with his back to the ball while Dak is running for his life, with the exception of maybe 1 guy standing in the flat for the dump off pass. 

As long as Garrett is running the offense it will always under achieve.

Was very pleased with the defense...left on the field all day and held them to 16 points. 

The problem in Dallas is the oline and the inconsistency due to new faces and injuries?

Not the qb who cant read a defense, has terrible footwork and cant throw a consistent accurate pass beyond 5 yards unless he has an all world oline in front of him and the guy is "college" open. And even then? he might be off target!

???

Gotta love Dallas fans, then again these are the same people who told us Dak was elite and better than Wentz and they were "them boys!"

19 minutes ago, kmass88 said:

The problem in Dallas is the oline and the inconsistency due to new faces and injuries?

Not the qb who cant read a defense, has terrible footwork and cant throw a consistent accurate pass beyond 5 yards unless he has an all world oline in front of him and the guy is "college" open. And even then? he might be off target!

???

Gotta love Dallas fans, then again these are the same people who told us Dak was elite and better than Wentz and they were "them boys!"

I guess you are referencing me....which is weird, bc I never said any of that.

Dak is a bus driver QB, said that from day 1. Give him protection and a good run game, and he is fine....without those, he will get exposed. 

Right now they can't protect him and he's going to struggle...most QB's who get sacked 6x in a game and probably avoid another 3-4 on their own would. So if a guy is a bus driver type QB and the front office and coaching staff can't provide the bus, I blame them, not him.

I'm not going to put too much credence in the first game of the year. We'll see how Dallas rebounds over the next few weeks to better determine what kind of team Dallas is going to be this year.

23 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

I guess you are referencing me....which is weird, bc I never said any of that.

Dak is a bus driver QB, said that from day 1. Give him protection and a good run game, and he is fine....without those, he will get exposed. 

Right now they can't protect him and he's going to struggle...most QB's who get sacked 6x in a game and probably avoid another 3-4 on their own would. So if a guy is a bus driver type QB and the front office and coaching staff can't provide the bus, I blame them, not him.

I was referencing parts of your posts. But no it is not all about you. This is the theme with a lot of Dallas fans these days.

And plenty of your Dallas brethren, thought and still feel that Dak is elite and needs time. You may not think so, but let's not act like that is some foreign object out of nowhere. Go to Cowboyszone.com and see how they are acting, if you dont believe me.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

If the Giants beat them Sunday night, they are very realistically staring 0-6 in the face

One of them will be 0 and 2. That's a good thing in itself

41 minutes ago, Excel said:

I'm not going to put too much credence in the first game of the year. We'll see how Dallas rebounds over the next few weeks to better determine what kind of team Dallas is going to be this year.

I will, because it's sort of how I thought things would go and it's pretty much bearing out. I don't think they will suck.....against lesser defenses they will be able to run the ball and I think the defense is for real....but every week will be a dog fight....they will win some and lose some....got them right around 8-8 ish....could be 7 wins....could be 8-9

I don't think changing the QB will change Dallas' fate this season. Dak was bad, again, like he has been. After a great rookie campaign and a sophomore slump... you'd hope (if your a Dallas fan) that he'd come out and play better. Not the case. Regardless of all the pressure he was seeing and lack of weapons, it's still no excuse for not being able to properly read the defense and to deliver a good ball.

Of course with Dallas, I think it's a huge trickle down effect. How Garrett still has a job is beyond me. The dallas offense has to be the most uncreative and predictable offense there is in the league as of today... and as of the last who knows how many years. I think a couple seasons ago where they were great.. they'd be lucky to get close to that again. Their offensive line was at it's peak and Elliot playing his best. They didn't need to have a creative offense, they were so good at running the football it didn't matter.

To me it doesn't matter what the offensive line does, what the WR does, how bad Prescott is... they are already in a position to lose from horrible game planning and play calling.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

If the Giants beat them Sunday night, they are very realistically staring 0-6 in the face

That would break my heart. 

:roll:

Just now, Northern Green Wings said:

I don't think changing the QB will change Dallas' fate this season. Dak was bad, again, like he has been. After a great rookie campaign and a sophomore slump... you'd hope (if your a Dallas fan) that he'd come out and play better. Not the case. Regardless of all the pressure he was seeing and lack of weapons, it's still no excuse for not being able to properly read the defense and to deliver a good ball.

Of course with Dallas, I think it's a huge trickle down effect. How Garrett still has a job is beyond me. The dallas offense has to be the most uncreative and predictable offense there is in the league as of today... and as of the last who knows how many years. I think a couple seasons ago where they were great.. they'd be lucky to get close to that again. Their offensive line was at it's peak and Elliot playing his best. They didn't need to have a creative offense, they were so good at running the football it didn't matter.

To me it doesn't matter what the offensive line does, what the WR does, how bad Prescott is... they are already in a position to lose from horrible game planning and play calling.

Dak wasn't bad other than missing a few passes early...I don't get the "not being able to properly read defenses" he didn't throw a single pass that I saw into coverage...maybe I missed one? but if I did it was 1, he wasn't out there making bad reads.

He's not a very accurate passer in general, even with good protection he will kill a couple of worms and under pressure yesterday, he was a little worse 

other than that small point....I agree with pretty much everything 

1 minute ago, Stephen1 said:

Dak wasn't bad other than missing a few passes early...I don't get the "not being able to properly read defenses" he didn't throw a single pass that I saw into coverage...maybe I missed one? but if I did it was 1, he wasn't out there making bad reads.

He's not a very accurate passer in general, even with good protection he will kill a couple of worms and under pressure yesterday, he was a little worse 

other than that small point....I agree with pretty much everything 

Well, it might also have to deal with throwing a good ball. Whether it stems from not reading the play proper or just inaccuracy it's an area he struggles in.

But I really think it goes back more to coaching. They sure don't make anything easy for him, like, at all. I wouldn't say they need to 'dumb' down the offense for him, but they need better play calls that can actually get receivers open and be creative.

Just now, Northern Green Wings said:

Well, it might also have to deal with throwing a good ball. Whether it stems from not reading the play proper or just inaccuracy it's an area he struggles in.

But I really think it goes back more to coaching. They sure don't make anything easy for him, like, at all. I wouldn't say they need to 'dumb' down the offense for him, but they need better play calls that can actually get receivers open and be creative.

yeah, it was more accuracy issues...he's average accuracy wise under great conditions, and poor when under pressure.

and the 2nd statement is dead on...no quick passes, the only easy throw they ever give him is the bootleg pass they call 2-3 times a game that people are now waiting on. Let the guy throw some smoke routes, screens etc...no rub route to get guys open....which almost every team uses. Last year Romo said he asked Garrett to put those in and he refused...said he doesn't like them.

3 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

yeah, it was more accuracy issues...he's average accuracy wise under great conditions, and poor when under pressure.

and the 2nd statement is dead on...no quick passes, the only easy throw they ever give him is the bootleg pass they call 2-3 times a game that people are now waiting on. Let the guy throw some smoke routes, screens etc...no rub route to get guys open....which almost every team uses. Last year Romo said he asked Garrett to put those in and he refused...said he doesn't like them.

Luckily for me as a Philly fan that Garrett is still happily employed and hasn't changed his ways. If they finish subpar again, like in the 6-8 win range I think it'd be maddening for Jerry Jones to stick with him.

He practiced his accuracy with a P water gun instead of a football. No wonder he was throwing so many McNabb wormburners yesterday.

2 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

As long as Garrett is running the offense it will always under achieve.

After one of their 50 3 and outs yesterday I saw Garrettsville smiling and clapping. As a Cowboys fan how maddening is that?

11 minutes ago, boogyman said:

He practiced his accuracy with a P water gun instead of a football. No wonder he was throwing so many McNabb wormburners yesterday.

It's insulting to McNabb to compare Dak to him. ;) Dak couldn't hold McNabb's jock strap.

1 minute ago, ckudrick said:

It's insulting to McNabb to compare Dak to him. ;) Dak couldn't hold McNabb's jock strap.

That's why I never compared the two players.

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

Give him protection and a good run game, and he is fine....without those, he will get exposed. 

This is a true statement... for any mediocre QB in the NFL.

What does that say about Dak?!

19 minutes ago, xitrum said:

This is a true statement... for any mediocre QB in the NFL.

What does that say about Dak?!

he's medicore....but you can win rings with mediocre QB's....ask Nick Foles...Joe Flacco

38 minutes ago, ckudrick said:

lol......it's not insulting,  both are very similar in style of play. Mcnabb....both are very streaky accuracy wise. Mcnabb had playoff wins based largely on an incredible defense until that one year he had a loaded offense with T.O, Westbrook, great OL.

and does anyone on here want to say that having Andy Reid develop you and call plays for you is not a HUGE advantage over Jason Garrett?