greenskeeper

DALLASS.....

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

lol......it's not insulting,  both are very similar in style of play. Mcnabb....both are very streaky accuracy wise. Mcnabb had playoff wins based largely on an incredible defense until that one year he had a loaded offense with T.O, Westbrook, great OL.

and does anyone on here want to say that having Andy Reid develop you and call plays for you is not a HUGE advantage over Jason Garrett?

But all season long cowboy fans have been telling me that they have Rico who's exactly like gronk but bigger.  And tavon who's speed is unmatched, and deonte thompson the burner wr to stretch defenses, and gallup who never dropped a red zone pass in college and will probably have, "and this is a cautious low estimate" 1000 yards his rookie year, and Hurns...he had 1000 yards like 3 years ago.  Don't forget Beasley he's a consistent 800 yrd receiver despite only having done it once in a 7 year career and not being close any other year.

But more seriously, McNabb had worse accuracy than dak on short and intermediate routes but better accuracy on the deep ball and a far stronger arm but not good touch.  He threw a really nice deep ball but all those worm burners were ridiculous.  He also was a qb who liked to hang onto the ball in the pocket, sometimes it was good and let deep routes develop, other times it was bad as he'd wait too long for a wr to come open instead of anticipating.  Dak seems to be a qb who likes to get the ball out fast he doesn't look comfortable when he has to hold onto the ball and wait for things to develop downfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, mogwi411 said:

But all season long cowboy fans have been telling me that they have Rico who's exactly like gronk but bigger.  And tavon who's speed is unmatched, and deonte thompson the burner wr to stretch defenses, and gallup who never dropped a red zone pass in college and will probably have, "and this is a cautious low estimate" 1000 yards his rookie year, and Hurns...he had 1000 yards like 3 years ago.  Don't forget Beasley he's a consistent 800 yrd receiver despite only having done it once in a 7 year career and not being close any other year.

But more seriously, McNabb had worse accuracy than dak on short and intermediate routes but better accuracy on the deep ball and a far stronger arm but not good touch.  He threw a really nice deep ball but all those worm burners were ridiculous.  He also was a qb who liked to hang onto the ball in the pocket, sometimes it was good and let deep routes develop, other times it was bad as he'd wait too long for a wr to come open instead of anticipating.  Dak seems to be a qb who likes to get the ball out fast he doesn't look comfortable when he has to hold onto the ball and wait for things to develop downfield.

Man...I need to meet these Dallas fans...all my friends and family have been ****ing about the wr’s and te’s non stop since Dez and Witten left.

i like your Mcnabb/Dak comparison...Mcnabb was also a more dynamic runner. That said...Dak never gets rid of the ball quick, mainly because They probably don’t have a quick pass in the playbook. I’m exaggerating...but they throw maybe 1-2 quick passes a game. What generally happens is that everyone runs 10 + yards down the field except 1 reciever who will run shorter dump off route...the deep guys don’t get open and Dak,  being unable or unwilling to throw them open (maybe both) dumps it off after scrambling around in the pocket.

Romo,  being  a better passer made a living off improvised plays...that’s the only thing that saves the Dallas offense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Man...I need to meet these Dallas fans...all my friends and family have been ****ing about the wr’s and te’s non stop since Dez and Witten left.

i like your Mcnabb/Dak comparison...Mcnabb was also a more dynamic runner. That said...Dak never gets rid of the ball quick, mainly because They probably don’t have a quick pass in the playbook. I’m exaggerating...but they throw maybe 1-2 quick passes a game. What generally happens is that everyone runs 10 + yards down the field except 1 reciever who will run shorter dump off route...the deep guys don’t get open and Dak,  being unable or unwilling to throw them open (maybe both) dumps it off after scrambling around in the pocket.

Romo,  being  a better passer made a living off improvised plays...that’s the only thing that saves the Dallas offense 

Dak is essentially waiting for his receivers to run into coverage from predictable play-calling and is then left on an island. This magnifies his inaccurate throws. Romo was able to cover it up/make it work because he was able to drop dimes and was one of the better improvisers the NFL has seen recently.  Garrett does not run a QB friendly system at all, which was most apparent last season.

It's easy to say to fix it he has to be more creative with his play-calling... but thus far through his career he hasn't shown that and I'd be shocked for him to change that now.

Some of my other Dallas Cowboy friends could see a poor season coming up, but their optimism stemmed from Dak being more like he was in his rookie year than he was last year. This season is early still of course but it looks like last season Dak is more the way he normally plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

… all my friends and family have been ****ing about the wr’s and te’s non stop since Dez and Witten left.

Witten did the Cowboys a big disservice when he announced his retirement (the timing). He should have told the organization, then held back until after the draft.

I'm glad he didn't, of course. Because otherwise, the Eagles likely don't troll the Cowboys by trading up in front of them and then we don't get David Akers trolling the Cowboys and the Cowboy fans. We also don't get Goedert, if the reports were right, that they wanted him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Witten did the Cowboys a big disservice when he announced his retirement (the timing). He should have told the organization, then held back until after the draft.

I'm glad he didn't, of course. Because otherwise, the Eagles likely don't troll the Cowboys by trading up in front of them and then we don't get David Akers trolling the Cowboys and the Cowboy fans. We also don't get Goedert, if the reports were right, that they wanted him.

Dallas didn’t want Goebert, they never had him in for a visit so I think the whole "Eagles stole him” is over simplified. Even before the eagles traded up A Dallas writer who is sort of like Eskin (kisses a** so he gets the scoop) tweeted who Dallas was picking picking.

i’d definitely like to have a better TE, however with JG and Linehan it won’t matter, especially if it’s a rookie.

Here  is the other problem, none of the TE’s they have can block...Dallas should have traded for a vet TE that can at least block 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Dallas didn’t want Goebert, they never had him in for a visit so I think the whole "Eagles stole him” is over simplified. Even before the eagles traded up A Dallas writer who is sort of like Eskin (kisses a** so he gets the scoop) tweeted who Dallas was picking picking.

i’d definitely like to have a better TE, however with JG and Linehan it won’t matter, especially if it’s a rookie.

Here  is the other problem, none of the TE’s they have can block...Dallas should have traded for a vet TE that can at least block 

Didn't Witten only really announce his retirement basically the day of/day before the draft? So they wouldn't of brought him in for a visit as they thought Witten was still a part of their plans. Of course they should of been investigating a TE to get behind Witten anyways as it's clear he was at the end of his career. 

All that aside I don't think the Cowboys did a good job of surrounding Dak with receiving targets for this season. Obviously it's only one game but I'm struggling to think of a worse group in the entire NFL. Titans without Delanie Walker come to mind depending on how high you're on Corey Davis in his second season after battling injuries before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dak has been exposed as being nothing more than a game manager.  Take away his talented skill players and he's the emperor with no clothes.  Witten's retirement was a much bigger blow to the team than the departure of Dez.

19 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Dallas didn’t want Goebert, they never had him in for a visit so I think the whole "Eagles stole him” is over simplified. Even before the eagles traded up A Dallas writer who is sort of like Eskin (kisses a** so he gets the scoop) tweeted who Dallas was picking picking.

i’d definitely like to have a better TE, however with JG and Linehan it won’t matter, especially if it’s a rookie.

Here  is the other problem, none of the TE’s they have can block...Dallas should have traded for a vet TE that can at least block 

Whoa, you were in the draft room and know who Dallas wanted?  Very very impressive!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Procus said:

Dak has been exposed as being nothing more than a game manager.  Take away his talented skill players and he's the emperor with no clothes.  Witten's retirement was a much bigger blow to the team than the departure of Dez.

Whoa, you were in the draft room and know who Dallas wanted?  Very very impressive!!

Agreed on the game manager comment.

and nope, not there, I can just read....and if you followed the timeline of what happened it’s obvious Dallas was interested in that TE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Northern Green Wings said:

Didn't Witten only really announce his retirement basically the day of/day before the draft? So they wouldn't of brought him in for a visit as they thought Witten was still a part of their plans. Of course they should of been investigating a TE to get behind Witten anyways as it's clear he was at the end of his career. 

All that aside I don't think the Cowboys did a good job of surrounding Dak with receiving targets for this season. Obviously it's only one game but I'm struggling to think of a worse group in the entire NFL. Titans without Delanie Walker come to mind depending on how high you're on Corey Davis in his second season after battling injuries before.

Yeah, but they brought in other TE’s.

they did  a horrible job at WR and TE....but JG and staff could also help them and Dak our schemewise and he doesn’t...I thought the same with Dez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Dallas didn’t want Goebert, they never had him in for a visit so I think the whole "Eagles stole him” is over simplified. Even before the eagles traded up A Dallas writer who is sort of like Eskin (kisses a** so he gets the scoop) tweeted who Dallas was picking picking.

i’d definitely like to have a better TE, however with JG and Linehan it won’t matter, especially if it’s a rookie.

Here  is the other problem, none of the TE’s they have can block...Dallas should have traded for a vet TE that can at least block 

You have to take into account the timing of the Witten announcement. He announced it on April 27th, that just happens to be day 2 of the draft. So why would the Cowboys have had him in for a visit if they didn't think that TE was going to be a need?

Now, of course it's just speculation as to whether they wanted him or not. But that's what they were speculating on the draft broadcast: (The below video is set at the said speculation)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

If Collins goes back to guard it will be because they need help at G....not because he can't play RT. I saw a sarcastic (he was a 1st rounder comment below)...but he's played to that level. He was flat out dominant the last 3/4 of last year at RT and yesterday he was called for 2 penalties, one was bogus, one was legit and I think he gave up a sack. Tyron Smith committed 2 penalties early, but otherwise played well. If you are pointing your fingers at those guys, you are wrong.

 

There's being a homer and there's this statement right here.  La'ell Collins absolutely did not dominate at any ,moment last year.  He improved from bad to ok.  Yesterday he was not good by any measure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

There's being a homer and there's this statement right here.  La'ell Collins absolutely did not dominate at any ,moment last year.  He improved from bad to ok.  Yesterday he was not good by any measure.

Ok, Dominate is an exaggeration, but saying he played very well the 2nd 1/2 of last year isn’t...and to say he could get switched back to OG because he’s struggling is asinine...he has been an above average RT, and yeah, he was fine yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

Ok, Dominate is an exaggeration, but saying he played very well the 2nd 1/2 of last year isn’t...and to say he could get switched back to OG because he’s struggling is asinine...he has been an above average RT, and yeah, he was fine yesterday. 

His PFF grade last year was 50.1.  He gave up 50 pressures which is flat out bad,  None of that jives with your statement that he was dominant or even very solid for 3/4 of the year.  I absolutely do expect La'ell Collins to end back at guard.  Why trot out a mediocre tackle when you can have an excellent guard? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

His PFF grade last year was 50.1.  He gave up 50 pressures which is flat out bad,  None of that jives with your statement that he was dominant or even very solid for 3/4 of the year.  I absolutely do expect La'ell Collins to end back at guard.  Why trot out a mediocre tackle when you can have an excellent guard? 

PFF? 

Lol, their grades are a joke....you could go on and on all day about how crazy their grades are...you know who they said was the best DT in the NFL week 1? Dallas Cowboys DT  Daniel Ross...who I saw make all of a couple plays...

They have no idea what a player’s assignment was on a given play so it’s impossible to actually grade a player.

i go by what Nate Newton says, he played in the scheme, he criticized Collins early in the season and then near the end of the season said that once Collins got his hand placement worked out (he had switched from the left to right side) that he played well, especially down the stretch. 

That said, with the problems they have at LG and C, I would be all for them moving him back to G. I don’t know if he’s a better G than T...I just know that is play at T hasn’t been so bad that you have to move him, and I definitely don’t base anything off PFF....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

PFF? 

Lol, their grades are a joke....you could go on and on all day about how crazy their grades are...you know who they said was the best DT in the NFL week 1? Dallas Cowboys DT  Daniel Ross...who I saw make all of a couple plays...

They have no idea what a player’s assignment was on a given play so it’s impossible to actually grade a player.

i go by what Nate Newton says, he played in the scheme, he criticized Collins early in the season and then near the end of the season said that once Collins got his hand placement worked out (he had switched from the left to right side) that he played well, especially down the stretch. 

That said, with the problems they have at LG and C, I would be all for them moving him back to G. I don’t know if he’s a better G than T...I just know that is play at T hasn’t been so bad that you have to move him, and I definitely don’t base anything off PFF....

Nate Newton?

His analysis is a joke. An ex Cowboy who is almost sure to say something good about a current player and who sold truckloads of weed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Nate Newton?

His analysis is a joke. An ex Cowboy who is almost sure to say something good about a current player and who sold truckloads of weed?

Considering he was killing him week 1-4 or so last year, probably not. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000960972/article/jerry-jones-dak-somewhere-between-goff-newton

Jerry Jones is delusional. Dak is not nearly the threat to run like Cam Newton. And in terms of reading/anticipation and accuracy, he isn't on the level of Goff.

I mean, I get that you don't want to bad mouth your own team and any of that as that's classless and a good way to alienate your team from yourself. I suppose this is really only a Dallas problem, the media is always getting him to comment on the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Northern Green Wings said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000960972/article/jerry-jones-dak-somewhere-between-goff-newton

Jerry Jones is delusional. Dak is not nearly the threat to run like Cam Newton. And in terms of reading/anticipation and accuracy, he isn't on the level of Goff.

I mean, I get that you don't want to bad mouth your own team and any of that as that's classless and a good way to alienate your team from yourself. I suppose this is really only a Dallas problem, the media is always getting him to comment on the team.

 by definition saying Dak is somewhere between Cam and Goff means he’s not as good as either at their respective strengths...so I don’t think JJ is off. 

That said,  I spent a good amount of time defending Dak earlier, but even some media that works for them pointed out that not only did he miss some throws (which happens), he left the pocket too early a few times. Other than that 1 drive, he didn’t play well.

As i’ve Said 100 times, i’ll keep him until a better option comes along and I know that if the OL plays well he can succeed and it’s probably easier to find OL help than elite qb’s. If the Dallas OL can rebound he’ll be fine...if not it will be a long season because this coaching staff Is incapable of tweaking the scheme to help him and what appears to be substandard wrs/TE’s succeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Dak/Zeke Cowboy offense really only had a great first 11 games and have been average or worse in most areas in the 22 games since then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, boogyman said:

The Dak/Zeke Cowboy offense really only had a great first 11 games and have been average or worse in most areas in the 22 games since then. 

Idk, After those first 11 games they had 2 games against very tough NY and Minny defenses...then put up 26 and 42 vs Tampa and the Lions...then only 13 vs philly,  but they rested almost everyone in that game...then put up 31 in the playoffs.

in 2017 through 8 games until Zeke went out they were averaging 28.2ppg, which I think was at the time 3rd in the NFL......

the problem is Garrett’s "scheme” has no scheme to it. The early 90’s cowboys could do it because they were good enough to kill you with the run or pass...and if you have that talent level it’s hard to stop.

Especially in today’s NFL. With these rules it’s almost impossible to cover recievers if a QB has time, especially if you can run the ball at will as well....so Dallas was able to do that in 2014 and 16...but if the running game isn’t on and the QB doesn’t have all day, Garrett is unable to adjust and Dak isn’t good enough to do it on his own like Romo occasionally could. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zeke's average was 5.1 in those 11. Fell to 4.4 the next 15 I think minus the suspension.

Dak had 2 picks in the first 11, 16 in the next 22

O line gave up 16 sacks in the 11, 47 the next 22.

 

Ironically the defense was almost the same. 19 points given up during the 11 and 19.4 the next 22.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now