greenskeeper

DALLASS.....

I'd be pissed if I were the Cowboys, he left them hanging last season and the wheels are gonna fall off sooner or later. I'd tell him no thanks. That being said thank goodness I don't have to listen to him in the booth anymore. Wonder if Booger McFarland wants to come out of retirement too

12 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I'd be pissed if I were the Cowboys, he left them hanging last season and the wheels are gonna fall off sooner or later. I'd tell him no thanks. That being said thank goodness I don't have to listen to him in the booth anymore. Wonder if Booger McFarland wants to come out of retirement too

It’s like the boys have this loyalty thing. It’s beyond me why they bring this old man back; hopefully they miss the playoffs so his efforts are all for nothing 😀

8 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I remember when an over-the-hill, washed up Larry Csonka came back to the Dolphins. It didn't go so well.

I expect something similar.

It's tough to get your body back in that kind of shape at that age once you have stopped. I don't think it goes well either. 

I never watched any of the ESPN games, but I heard they are all pretty bad announcers. Sometimes you get a Tony Romo, who is almost flawless and makes the game more interesting. But then you get a dud who knows a lot about football, but can't translate it to the booth. Witten will be like Gates if he does go back to Dallas. A touchdown here and there, but nothing game changing.

1 minute ago, Boss Hawg said:

I never watched any of the ESPN games, but I heard they are all pretty bad announcers. Sometimes you get a Tony Romo, who is almost flawless and makes the game more interesting. But then you get a dud who knows a lot about football, but can't translate it to the booth. Witten will be like Gates if he does go back to Dallas. A touchdown here and there, but nothing game changing.

Witten wasn't the worst, I could tolerate him. Gurden was so bad that I had to watch the games muted. I ended up muting last year's games too, but that was because McFarland was so bad.

I honestly doubt he will play a single regular season snap.  If he does, he won't pass 20 Rec.

Friggin' Cowboys and their stupid technicolor pants.

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Witten wasn't the worst, I could tolerate him. Gurden was so bad that I had to watch the games muted. I ended up muting last year's games too, but that was because McFarland was so bad.

LOL! I never heard him called that before, but now I must use it from here on out!

1 minute ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

LOL! I never heard him called that before, but now I must use it from here on out!

"GERDen" would be more accurate, because he definitely has the ability to inflict GERD on anyone who is listening to him call games.

2 hours ago, xitrum said:

Witten comes back because Ertz broke his record last year.  🤔

^^^^^^^This Right here^^^^^^^^^^ He can't stand that a Philadelphia Eagle broke his record

5 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Ugh...he kills us. 

The fact you are scared of a washed up tight end tells me a lot about your outlook on next season.

6 minutes ago, NVEagleFan said:

^^^^^^^This Right here^^^^^^^^^^ He can't stand that a Philadelphia Eagle broke his record

And he might break it....

...if he plays 3 more seasons and totals them up

5 hours ago, pisceschica said:

It’s like the boys have this loyalty thing. It’s beyond me why they bring this old man back; hopefully they miss the playoffs so his efforts are all for nothing 😀

The Flyers do the same stupid crap with their Flyer for life garbage. Annoying as hell.

This is great news for us. Witten was really slowing down and now after a year out of the game he wants to come back?  Jarwin was starting to develop and now they will give Witten his snaps.  Witten was a great TE, but "was" is the word.  Also, the MNF immediately gets better with him gone until they hire someone just as bad or worse.

12 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

This is great news for us. Witten was really slowing down and now after a year out of the game he wants to come back?  Jarwin was starting to develop and now they will give Witten his snaps.  Witten was a great TE, but "was" is the word.  Also, the MNF immediately gets better with him gone until they hire someone just as bad or worse.

They should pair Joe Namath with Suzy Kolber in the booth.   Maybe he will finally win her over.

What stats are we thinking out of Witten?  I'm thinking 

50 catches

400 yards

3-4 TDs

If he's the starter thats a rough over under line.  But if he's splitting time or backing up Jarwin, it will be much less IMO.

On 3/1/2019 at 11:42 AM, paco said:

50 catches

400 yards

3-4 TDs

About that...but I see his catches being around 35-40.

The problem with bringing Witten back as a Cowboys fan is will it set back these new TE’s the Cowboys have drafted? I hope he is a locker room guy and plays a limited role. I believe he has such a love for the game that he wanted to play another year or two. I don’t think he cares about records. He’ll be in the hall of fame at some point I believe. 

I’m just not sure why they brought him back?? 

JJ is a loyal guy to the players he loves but that is also a weekness. 

4 hours ago, gch said:

The problem with bringing Witten back as a Cowboys fan is will it set back these new TE’s the Cowboys have drafted? I hope he is a locker room guy and plays a limited role. 

Honestly  I believe the former and the latter. You have nothing to worry about. He's your Dawkins 

On 3/1/2019 at 12:42 PM, paco said:

50 catches

400 yards

3-4 TDs

If he's the starter thats a rough over under line.  But if he's splitting time or backing up Jarwin, it will be much less IMO.

Jason Witten will not have 20 receptions.