Sign in to follow this  
Don Corleone

David Irving suspended indefinitely

On 3/8/2019 at 8:38 AM, ckudrick said:

I don't disagree.

BUT, weed is still illegal, still appears on the list of banned substances, and these guys get paid a ton of money. If they can't lay off it, even with that kind of incentive, then I don't feel sorry for them.

I do, because the alternative is narcotics and opiods. Do you not see the epidemic facing the majority of the U.S.? Opiods were literally designed to be addicted (pending: main point of the Perdue lawsuit) and were targeted towards those most vulnerable (pending: second point). NFL players would definitely be considered vulnerable because of the "gladiator" mentality and the fact that "world class" physicians are the ones prescribing it to them.

The NFL is archaic and immoral. So yes I do feel bad for the players. It's easy to say "just stop", but let's see you play OL or DL in the NFL and not be in pain everyday or wanting to put a bullet through your brain. Because it (former) literally happens every day to former and current players. 

Here's an idea: the NFL has the ability to remove penalties for testing positive for marijuana, regardless of the legality of it. They can simply just stop testing for it. I don't know what their liability insurance would be on it, but I can't imagine someone suing the NFL for harm due to a player competing with CBD or even THC in his system. What's the worst that's going to happen, he's going to steal some fan's snacks?

41 minutes ago, IFB DOG said:

What's the worst that's going to happen, he's going to steal some fan's snacks?

The Boolean argument that weed is either a Schedule I narcotic or else it’s completely harmless is so counterproductive.

This guy literally chose getting high over acquiring money that changes his family’s future for multiple generations. This has happened time and time again.

Tell me again about how it’s harmless and not addictive...

The pro-weed people are just as delusional as the ridiculous Jeff Sessions crowd. IMO, society will be much better off if we tell the truth.

1 hour ago, SBorBust said:

The Boolean argument that weed is either a Schedule I narcotic or else it’s completely harmless is so counterproductive.

This guy literally chose getting high over acquiring money that changes his family’s future for multiple generations. This has happened time and time again.

The pro-weed people are just as delusional as the ridiculous Jeff Sessions crowd. IMO, society will be much better off if we tell the truth.

Weed is clinically proven to be non addictive time and time again.  How many model careers have been derailed by delicious food?  Weed is a non addictive pain killer and stress reliever and that's kind of a big deal with the amount of pain an NFL player has to manage.

27 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Weed is clinically proven to be non addictive time and time again.  How many model careers have been derailed by delicious food?  Weed is a non addictive pain killer and stress reliever and that's kind of a big deal with the amount of pain an NFL player has to manage.

You’re being ridiculous by definitively calling weed non-addictive. It infuriates me because you know you’re being ridiculous.

21 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

You’re being ridiculous by definitively calling weed non-addictive. It infuriates me because you know you’re being ridiculous.

No I'm not.  Dependency and addiction are two clinically different things.  If you don't know that then STFU.  You can very easily grow a dependency to weed similar to a dependency to coffee where you "need it " to be in a good mood.  If you are doing it every day for a prolonged period, the withdrawal is a few weeks to months of **** moods. 

Addiction is a whole other ballgame and if you have ever known somebody withdrawing from alcohol, opiods or heroin you would know the difference is stark.  We are talking about physical pain and life-threatening reactions in severe cases.  Shakes, sweats and all those lifetime movie examples of people doing extreme things to get their fix.

Don't conflate the two  or the one being dishonest and ridiculous is you.

Dude is NOT Ricky Williams

• Ricky made 26 million dollars before a penny of endorsement money.
    • He walked away after 5 years of earning very good money and then came back for 4 more years of money.

Irving has earned about 3.6 million, very little endorsement money, and has to live 35-50 more years of being stupid on the 1 million he has left. (if he is lucky)

• Puff Puff Fail!

Bernard Williams 2.0 is more like it.

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

No I'm not.  Dependency and addiction are two clinically different things.  If you don't know that then STFU.  You can very easily grow a dependency to weed similar to a dependency to coffee where you "need it " to be in a good mood.  If you are doing it every day for a prolonged period, the withdrawal is a few weeks to months of **** moods. 

Addiction is a whole other ballgame and if you have ever known somebody withdrawing from alcohol, opiods or heroin you would know the difference is stark.  We are talking about physical pain and life-threatening reactions in severe cases.  Shakes, sweats and all those lifetime movie examples of people doing extreme things to get their fix.

Don't conflate the two  or the one being dishonest and ridiculous is you.

I can relate, I don't smoke a cigarette for a couple of hrs and I lose my effen mind. I smoked weed for 3 days straight for my buddy's wedding and haven't even thought about it since

11 hours ago, SBorBust said:

Why is it counterproductive? It is a much, much, MUCH safer option that oxycontin. It is a natural plant that literally needs no major chemical change to induce effects. 

I have smoked weed maybe 8-10 times in my life, and not once in 10 years. Don't have a reason to do it. I'm not some stoner on here pretending like it is the holy grail. However, it is NOT some major drug that kills people. And that's how the government treats it. It's so Fing dumb.

I wonder how big of a smile he would have in the video if he said I quit and I'm paying my salary back since he's been a pro.