GroundAttack

Case Keenum Traded To Washington

His career numbers:

26-28-0 1144/1844 62% 12,661 YDS 64 TDs 3.5% 42 INTs 2.3% 222.1 YPG 84.5 Passer Rating

I love our division so much.  Seems like we have the only front office that doesn’t appear to have lost its mind on a daily basis.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

His career numbers:

26-28-0 1144/1844 62% 12,661 YDS 64 TDs 3.5% 42 INTs 2.3% 222.1 YPG 84.5 Passer Rating

his numbers aren't terrible despite his W/L record. He's trying to get that revenge twice a year now from that  NFCCG loss.

11 minutes ago, GroundAttack said:

his numbers aren't terrible despite his W/L record. He's trying to get that revenge twice a year now from that  NFCCG loss.

If you look at 2017 as an outlier season in his career, and remove that season, the rest of his career looks like this:

15-25-0 819/1363 60.1% 9,114 YDS 42 TDs 3.1% 35 INTs 2.6% 79.6 Passer Rating

:lol:

Freaking skins LMAO. Keep getting noodle arm QBs for their coaches vertical passing scheme lmao

From Extremeskins:

https://es.redskins.com/topic/425402-starting-qb-2019/?do=findComment&comment=11462344

Sooo.....case Keenum starter for 2019? That lands us the 1st overall pick in the 2020 draft how? Why not just **** the 2019 season and lose the whole season in order to draft one of tuba/Fromm? Keenum just ensures we stay between 7-9 and 9-7....**** that. 

Front office SUCKS 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

I love our division so much.  Seems like we have the only front office that doesn’t appear to have lost its mind on a daily basis.

They just got a starting QB for free.

Rumor has it, DC is trying to get Rosen from the Cards. Keenum is their backup so they won't have to pull Sanchez out of retirement again

9 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

Setting 2017 aside for a moment, if you were a fan of the team that just traded for him, would you be overjoyed?

Of course, you can't set a season aside, but how much of that Vikings season was him and how much of it was the team?

keenum.thumb.JPG.2e05e1e5c3a6b63a39b8ebde17157297.JPG

Keenum has a $21 Million cap figure for this season. The Redskins have $16.9 in cap space. (According to Over the cap)

1 hour ago, SBorBust said:

I am not worried about Case Keenum

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Keenum has a $21 Million cap figure for this season. The Redskins have $16.9 in cap space. (According to Over the cap)

Part of the deal had a reworked contract. 

16 hours ago, SBorBust said:

WOW . . . I guess we see what the market is for used, non-champion starting QBs in this league.

A 6th round pick? That seems cheap to me. Then again Flacco was only worth a 4th. 

7 hours ago, SBorBust said:

You're kidding right? A bad starting QB so I don't think we need to worry. 

Hopefully he can twice repeat his NFCCG performance against us. 

10 hours ago, paco said:

Part of the deal had a reworked contract. 

Which also involved the Broncos picking up half of the reworked salary in Year 1.

This is actually not as bad of a deal as it may seem. 

1. They swapped 6th and 7th round picks in next years draft.  This is basically the NFL equivalent of a bag of chips. 
  2. Denver is paying him a $500K restructuring bonus and will pay half of his salary, so his cap number for the Redskins is $3.5M.  Even if he rides the pine, he's a capable backup that they have under contract for $3.5M and they basically got him for free. 
  3. I haven't heard anybody with the Redskins say he's the starter.  I would be highly surprised if he was given that job without any competition.  Jay Gruden loves Colt McCoy, there's a really good chance that McCoy will get every chance to earn the starting job.  '

I could be wrong about all this, but it really doesn't look like that bad of a deal for the Redskins front office.  The only question to ask is could they have signed him in free agency for $3.5M or less?