GroundAttack

Case Keenum Traded To Washington

3 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

This is actually not as bad of a deal as it may seem. 

1. They swapped 6th and 7th round picks in next years draft.  This is basically the NFL equivalent of a bag of chips. 
  2. Denver is paying him a $500K restructuring bonus and will pay half of his salary, so his cap number for the Redskins is $3.5M.  Even if he rides the pine, he's a capable backup that they have under contract for $3.5M and they basically got him for free. 
  3. I haven't heard anybody with the Redskins say he's the starter.  I would be highly surprised if he was given that job without any competition.  Jay Gruden loves Colt McCoy, there's a really good chance that McCoy will get every chance to earn the starting job.  '

I could be wrong about all this, but it really doesn't look like that bad of a deal for the Redskins front office.  The only question to ask is could they have signed him in free agency for $3.5M or less?

Considering the royal Fing of a situation they have because of Alex Smith, it was about as good a move as they could have made.  That said, the move is really a symptom of a very sick animal.  They can't really go out and draft a Qb because Jay Gruden is on his way out and they can't have a Rosen situation, they can't buy Foles because they gave Alex Smith a terrible contract.  They have legit talent on both sides of the LOS but have tons of holes elsewhere around the roster.  Jay Gruden is a good coach but he is destined to be scapegoated by Snyder for the mediocrity that comes from Bruce Allen.

So yeah, lol'skins, because in the billion$ mega media world of the NFL nobody cares if you got a good deal on your band aids. 

Did anyone expect Alex Smith's leg to snap like a twig last year? I keep hearing reports the Redskins expect him back, at least by 2020. Case Keenum comes in to challenge Colt McCoy for the job this season. Then his contract is up by the time Alex Smith is to return.

4 minutes ago, toolg said:

Did anyone expect Alex Smith's leg to snap like a twig last year? I keep hearing reports the Redskins expect him back, at least by 2020. Case Keenum comes in to challenge Colt McCoy for the job this season. Then his contract is up by the time Alex Smith is to return.

Yup.  I cleaned up in Vegas predicting it.  That's why I went into the season thinking he would not throw for 2200 yards  </crosstopicsnark>

He rode a wave in 2017 and I expect when his career is over the only thing that will be remembered about his pro career will be the TD throw to Diggs.   It wasn't a great throw - it was a good catch that was made a memorable play because of a very poor defensive call and play by the Saints.    

On 3/8/2019 at 12:41 PM, dawkins4prez said:

It's like they need Gruden to fail so they can justify going back to the sh•t show.

I actually feel bad for Gruden. 

On 3/8/2019 at 12:42 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Keenum has a $21 Million cap figure for this season. The Redskins have $16.9 in cap space. (According to Over the cap)

For all the talk of how bad tight our cap is, the Skins is worse 

You can tell which of those teams are really poorly manged. Bucs, Skins and Dolphins haven't sniffed playoffs and still have no cap room. 

Also looking at that, how the hell do the Jags afford Foles? I saw they are interviewing Bridgwater. Probably because they have no money

On 3/7/2019 at 4:28 PM, SBorBust said:

They just got a starting QB for free.

They got a starting QB too?  I didn't see that mentioned.  Which one?

1 minute ago, ilikepargo said:

Oh man that made me belly laugh. 

26 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

As long as Snyder is there, we never have to worry about the Skins. Did you see the contract they gave Collins? Laughable.

All I can say is, thank you Mister Snyder. 

We beat Keenum like a rented mule last time we played him.

Sign Keenum.  Lose Crowder.  Who is their TE again?  That offense is going to be a juggernaut!!!!

On 3/11/2019 at 6:31 PM, paco said:

Sign Keenum.  Lose Crowder.  Who is their TE again?  That offense is going to be a juggernaut!!!!

It's hard to see them winning more than three games.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:51 PM, ilikepargo said:

Super Bowl Champion Jared Lorenzen...

xxx_20140209_sng_sv4_074_61789510.jpg.692661be919092a2bab9ba6b688ae789.jpg

11 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Super Bowl Champion Jared Lorenzen...

xxx_20140209_sng_sv4_074_61789510.jpg.692661be919092a2bab9ba6b688ae789.jpg

River Monster is a very fitting name looking at him in that jersey......................

On 3/7/2019 at 7:40 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Setting 2017 aside for a moment, if you were a fan of the team that just traded for him, would you be overjoyed?

Of course, you can't set a season aside, but how much of that Vikings season was him and how much of it was the team?

keenum.thumb.JPG.2e05e1e5c3a6b63a39b8ebde17157297.JPG

Well, they did have the #1 defense...until they came up against  our Eagles/Foles.