Sign in to follow this  
Don Corleone

Giants agree to trade LB Olivier Vernon to Browns for G Kevin Zeitler

Recommended Posts

So now we'll have a little better blocking for a QB that is pretty much useless anymore.B-)

Oh that's right, we're looking down the road with this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind this trade at all if I were a giants fan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suprised Browns would take on vernons contract

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

I like it. Draft has lots of DL talent. 

Giants are now just a RT away from a good line.  2 yr rebuild of unit almost complete.

 

Now they just need a Qb and new defense...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good trade for NY. The Vernon contract was one of the most bizarre contracts in recent memory for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dawkins4prez said:

Giants are now just a RT away from a good line.  2 yr rebuild of unit almost complete.

 

Now they just need a Qb and new defense...

By the time they get a QB up to speed Barkley will be on the decline and Odell will be a Brown or Patriot lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely like the move. Vernon never came close to living up to that ridiculous contract, and it solidifies the OL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that's a decent move for the Midgets. A good Guard at a position of need. Mind you... Unless they draft a QB it doesn't matter how well you protect Eli, he's useless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

Sports Talk Radio is saying the Giants got the good end, and the Browns got ripped off.

Vernon is just a mediocre player IMO. Giants definitely made out just by dumping that contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boogyman said:

Vernon is just a mediocre player IMO. Giants definitely made out just by dumping that contract. 

He’s far from a mediocre player. He had an off year but is one of the better DEs against the run and gets a good number of pressures. He just doesn’t have the finishing moves to rack up sack totals and therefore is not worth $11M. Plus he gets injured a lot. Good riddance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

He’s far from a mediocre player. He had an off year but is one of the better DEs against the run and gets a good number of pressures. He just doesn’t have the finishing moves to rack up sack totals and therefore is not worth $11M. Plus he gets injured a lot. Good riddance. 

Yeah. Average. Mediocre. Has little real impact on a defense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

He’s far from a mediocre player. He had an off year but is one of the better DEs against the run and gets a good number of pressures. He just doesn’t have the finishing moves to rack up sack totals and therefore is not worth $11M. Plus he gets injured a lot. Good riddance. 

Dead on. He's a good player but way overpaid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 8:21 PM, Phillyphilly12 said:

Bit of a head scratcher on the Browns part, good trade for giants

Draft a QB first overall and proceed to trade away one of your better offensive lineman? 🧐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 10:39 AM, SBorBust said:

What are the Browns doing? This annoys me.

Pretty simple.  Guards are replaceable, pass rushers are hard to find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Pretty simple.  Guards are replaceable, pass rushers are hard to find.

Normally yes, but not this year. There's a ton of pass rush options in the draft and even more in FA. There's very few, if any, top guards on the market. It's the main reason why I'm happy the Giants pulled this off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Normally yes, but not this year. There's a ton of pass rush options in the draft and even more in FA. There's very few, if any, top guards on the market. It's the main reason why I'm happy the Giants pulled this off. 

I think trade makes sense for both teams.  Giants are a step closer to rebuilding a top O-Line which they want in place for future Qb.  Browns are in win now mode and can burn the cap space to get an elite D-Line in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

 I think trade makes sense for both teams.  Giants are a step closer to rebuilding a top O-Line which they want in place for future Qb.  Browns are in win now mode and can burn the cap space to get an elite D-Line in place.

Yup, agreed. Plus they have a replacement at G already on the roster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

Normally yes, but not this year. There's a ton of pass rush options in the draft and even more in FA. There's very few, if any, top guards on the market. It's the main reason why I'm happy the Giants pulled this off. 

Plus, the Giants play the Eagles twice a year and know they have to block Fletcher Cox. Gettleman has done a pretty good job of overhauling that atrocious line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this