Don Corleone

Giants agree to trade WR Odell Beckham Jr to Browns (ORIG POST: 3/12/2019)

Odell Beckham Jr. Didn’t Even Bother Participating In Browns Huddle On Offense

Odell Beckham is clearly disinterested in his role on offense with the Browns.

The star WR who is on pace for career lows in nearly every statistical category this season has shown signs of him being aggravated with his usage in Cleveland under rookie head coach Freddie Kitchens.

On Sunday, Beckham basically let the Bengals defense know he wasn’t getting the football on a play by not even bothering to participate in his team’s offense huddle.

Wow. And kitchens doesn't have the sack to bench him.  Once they are eliminated,  i wouldn't be surprised to see him suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. 

Vet minimum plus incentives.

That Browns team was so ridiculously overhyped. I think Beckham was expecting a huge season so he's extra pissed that things have gone this way.

I fully believe if he behaved himself in NY then the Giants season would look quite different.

15 minutes ago, paco said:

… plus incentives.

Behave yourself and you'll get a cheeseburger. Get over 1,000 yards and you'll get fries with it. Get 20 TD's, and you get a milkshake. Win the Super Bowl, and you don't have to pay for any of the previous incentives, they're on us.

I was looking at the contract yesterday on Spotrac. It isn’t too bad. The Browns can cut him this offseason with less than $3 million in dead money.

3 hours ago, SBorBust said:

I was looking at the contract yesterday on Spotrac. It isn’t too bad. The Browns can cut him this offseason with less than $3 million in dead money.

Plus all the assets they gave up to get him. 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

They get all that back. Plus a 1st round pick for their trouble...

7 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

They get all that back. Plus a 1st round pick for their trouble...

I'm not so sure he gets a 1st rounder anymore. He really hasn't done much the last 3 years. He's been injured , a drama queen or has not shown up in games. 

8 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not so sure he gets a 1st rounder anymore. He really hasn't done much the last 3 years. He's been injured , a drama queen or has not shown up in games. 

I honestly don't think he hauls more than 3rd rdr...at best. 

I was thinking in terms of the initial Gettleman deal. It was smart in that it gave them an easy out for when they knew they’d need it.

11 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I honestly don't think he hauls more than 3rd rdr...at best. 

I think he might still get a late first from a WR desperate team, but that's it. Just think about what the Giants got: Peppers, Dexter Lawrence and a solid rookie OLBer in Oshane Ximines. The Giants were widely mocked for this trade. 

3 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

I was thinking in terms of the initial Gettleman deal. It was smart in that it gave them an easy out for when they knew they’d need it.

Gotcha. 

59 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I think he might still get a late first from a WR desperate team, but that's it. Just think about what the Giants got: Peppers, Dexter Lawrence and a solid rookie OLBer in Oshane Ximines. The Giants were widely mocked for this trade. 

Not like the Giants get an A+ here, they bungled it up pretty bad by re-signing him and then trading him a year later.  Ate a bunch of dead money and could have gotten more draft capital if he had been sold on a rookie deal. 

I say he could get the Browns a 3rd rdr but he might just end up getting cut.

Gotcha. 

I dunno.  AB only netted a 3rd and a 5th.  And the Browns have zero leverage.  (he wants out and teams know that its affordable to cut him)

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Not like the Giants get an A+ here, they bungled it up pretty bad by re-signing him and then trading him a year later.  Ate a bunch of dead money and could have gotten more draft capital if he had been sold on a rookie deal. 

I say he could get the Browns a 3rd rdr but he might just end up getting cut.

I give the Giants a solid B for the trade. Remember they also got G Kevin Zeitler for the useless Olivier Vernon that same week. I'd say the Giants did well in both trades. They also dodged a bullet by not resigning Collins. Unfortunately these moves haven't translated into victories, but I actually think the Giants have a solid foundation....but terrible coaching. They need to take Chase Young or the best T available with their top 5 pick and go from there. 

2 hours ago, paco said:

I dunno.  AB only netted a 3rd and a 5th.  And the Browns have zero leverage.  (he wants out and teams know that its affordable to cut him)

Yea maybe. He's younger than AB but way less productive. Tough call. 

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Yea maybe. He's younger than AB but way less productive. Tough call. 

AB had Big Ben though, not Baker. Tough call like you say...it is a big judgement call.

On 1/6/2020 at 1:31 AM, KingxEagles said:

Odell wants to win.

Yes, he needs more money to pass out to the college players.B-)

This guy is a total attention-seeking loser. Sure some of those guys are going to the NFL (I initially wrote graduating, but we know that’s not true) and it won’t matter, but he put the student athletes and the university in what they called a "compromising situation.” If they get in trouble it’s on him. The school should ban him from attending any future athletic events.