Don Corleone

Giants agree to trade WR Odell Beckham Jr to Browns

I'm sure as soon as WFAN and 98.7 ESPN in New York are done with their local team obligations tonight both stations are going to blow up on this.

Steve Sommers (WFAN) and Larry Hardesty (98.7) should both be in for what could be almost entirely all about this trade. 

3 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Curious, most of you guys didn’t think OBJ was worth the headache. Was this a good trade? I think it’s a pretty good haul, but the Giants will suck next year. Looking two years down the road. 

Sounds like a trade that I think will help both.

Also gives the Giants ammo if they want to get either QB in the draft or Josh Rosen from Arizona if the Cards are intent on Murray at #1.

Just now, Wallyhorse said:

Sounds like a trade that I think will help both.

Also gives the Giants ammo if they want to get either QB in the draft or Josh Rosen from Arizona if the Cards are intent on Murray at #1.

I agree. 

10 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Curious, most of you guys didn’t think OBJ was worth the headache. Was this a good trade? I think it’s a pretty good haul, but the Giants will suck next year. Looking two years down the road. 

It's a good trade to me.

You get rid of a diva, gain a 1st and 3rd and you acquired a younger, cheaper, more athletic Landon.

What's not to like? The offense will be bad this year, but this is a big picture move.

6 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

It's a good trade from the Giants perspective. The question is, what will Gettleman do with the draft compensation? That would be a concern for me.

Just now, Don Corleone said:

It's a good trade from the Giants perspective. The question is, what will Gettleman do with the draft compensation? That would be a concern for me.

He had a really good draft last year. 

I think it is a bad trade for the Giants as a whole. They drafted an elite talent, signed him long term then traded him for an unknown. That’s bad, no matter how you look at it. Don’t care how much draft capital was given. This is a colossal failure and sets them back further than what they already are. When you rebuild you get rid of old players for young potential. Not vise versa. 

Losing elite talent is never good, but the Giants don't have a team constructed that can take full advantage of him. I thought they would get a little more, but hey, you take what you get.

7 minutes ago, EagleArcher20 said:

I think it is a bad trade for the Giants as a whole. They drafted an elite talent, signed him long term then traded him for an unknown. That’s bad, no matter how you look at it. Don’t care how much draft capital was given. This is a colossal failure and sets them back further than what they already are. When you rebuild you get rid of old players for young potential. Not vise versa. 

I agree with all of this and for some reason, I’m still not upset. There’s gotta be a reason why. 

On a side note, Cleveland now has Beckham, Callaway, and Landry as their wideouts. Njoku too.

I wonder if they forgot that the league only allows one ball on the field.

22 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I was worried you guys would wise up and get a QB for Barkley and OBJ. Instead you keep Eli and trade OBJ...

3 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I agree with all of this and for some reason, I’m still not upset. There’s gotta be a reason why. 

Sometimes the headaches/divaness outweighs the talent they bring. 

The Giants win this trade easy but it does make the Browns clear favorites to win the AFC North this year (assuming pretty hair can stay on the field for a change)

Just now, mike030270 said:

I was worried you guys would wise up and get a QB for Barkley and OBJ. Instead you keep Eli and trade OBJ...

When there was speculation Foles may end up there, I sure didn't want that to happen. I didn't want Foles there with OBJ, and Barkley there at his disposal. Plus of course, I didn't want to have to directly root for Foles to fail.

5 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

My guess would be to get draft capital to land the QB they want. If they don’t draft a QB in the 1st (and hit) they failed and will be in for a LONG drought of competing. 

the Giants now have 2 1st rounders and can move up for a QB if they want to. They can stand pat and draft 2 really good prospects. They have a lot of flexibility right now and losing OBJ isn't the end of the world for them. 

In the short term, it helps the Eagles, which I like.

I hope they use both firsts to move up and grab a QB that turns into the next <insert bust 1st rd qb from last 20 years here>