Don Corleone

Giants agree to trade WR Odell Beckham Jr to Browns

1 minute ago, Captain F said:

I hope they use both firsts to move up and grab a QB that turns into the next <insert bust 1st rd qb from last 20 years here>

I could go for that.

25 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Curious, most of you guys didn’t think OBJ was worth the headache. Was this a good trade? I think it’s a pretty good haul, but the Giants will suck next year. Looking two years down the road. 

OBJ was a headache, but a damn good WR. The Giants got good value for him, but the chances of them drafting someone that good with those picks is slim. I'm just glad he's gone and went to the AFC as an Eagles fan.

28 minutes ago, Quiet Boy said:

It's a good trade to me.

You get rid of a diva, gain a 1st and 3rd and you acquired a younger, cheaper, more athletic Landon.

What's not to like? The offense will be bad this year, but this is a big picture move.

It's more than I thought they'd get

FYI, OBJ already asking for an upgraded contract...on the one that kicks in this year. Enjoy Cleveland. 

3 minutes ago, brainstormsounds said:

They just took three years off Barkley’s career.

Honestly I would trade him too, his value right now would be astronomical. They are just gonna waste his prime years and not really go anywhere, might as well trade him for a ransom and then use all those picks to build a team from scratch - Oline, Dline, QB.

1 minute ago, 20dawk4life said:

It's more than I thought they'd get

Agreed considering Odell has the temperament of a child and misses more than his fair share of games.

2 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

FYI, OBJ already asking for an upgraded contract...on the one that kicks in this year. Enjoy Cleveland. 

He was the highest paid WR before Brown got his. Maybe he wants the title back

5 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Honestly I would trade him too, his value right now would be astronomical. They are just gonna waste his prime years and not really go anywhere, might as well trade him for a ransom and then use all those picks to build a team from scratch - Oline, Dline, QB.

You nuts! How long do you think it takes to rebuild in the NFL? The Browns just did it in 2 years. 

Just now, BKLYNYG said:

You nuts! How long do you think it takes to rebuild in the NFL? The Browns just did it in 2 years. 

I think you mean 20.

4 minutes ago, philllyfanatic said:

Howie, hurry up and call Gettleman about Saquon Barkely while he is still drunk and high!

181C4E3C-8A34-434F-BBAE-3D7FF856A518.jpeg

Eli was already a deer in head lights with Odell, next season Giants gonna be one of those crappy disaster movie like San Andreas..

If you guys are gonna tank, I'd rather you guys do it this year, rather than next. The 2020 QB class is very good, but I don't want you guys getting your paws on Trevor Lawrence in 2021. Matter of fact just trade up and get Haskins, you have the capital.

53 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Curious, most of you guys didn’t think OBJ was worth the headache. Was this a good trade? I think it’s a pretty good haul, but the Giants will suck next year. Looking two years down the road. 

Great trade for NY. He is a receiver. Just a receiver. To get a quality safety, 1st and 3rd? Browns way overpaid.

4 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

If you guys are gonna tank, I'd rather you guys do it this year, rather than next. The 2020 QB class is very good, but I don't want you guys getting your paws on Trevor Lawrence in 2021. Matter of fact just trade up and get Haskins, you have the capital.

I would not be surprised if they used both firsts on defense and wait until next year for a QB. Lawrence won’t be coming out, but there’s s few other quality QBs. 

Giants clearly lost out in this deal, very mediocre return for a tremendous talent in OBJ. 

Gettleman is the Chip Kelly of GM's. 

Congratulations Gnats, you are now officially a dumpster-fire 🤣

That $16M cap-hit has got to burn...

Seems like the Giants like collecting Gerbils as safeties

48 minutes ago, EagleArcher20 said:

I think it is a bad trade for the Giants as a whole. They drafted an elite talent, signed him long term then traded him for an unknown. That’s bad, no matter how you look at it. Don’t care how much draft capital was given. This is a colossal failure and sets them back further than what they already are. When you rebuild you get rid of old players for young potential. Not vise versa. 

I agree with the sentiment, but all that already happened. They drafted Odell, then screwed up team building after that for quite a few years. But that's done. So do what you need to fix things going forward.

6 minutes ago, birdman said:

Giants clearly lost out in this deal, very mediocre return for a tremendous talent in OBJ. 

Gettleman is the Chip Kelly of GM's. 

Congratulations Gnats, you are now officially a dumpster-fire 🤣

That $16M cap-hit has got to burn...

What would you consider fair compensation for a WR as opposed to a franchise QB?