Don Corleone

Giants agree to trade WR Odell Beckham Jr to Browns

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

What would you consider fair compensation for a non franchise QB? 

I think you should be asking Gettleman that question...

I'm sure you'll get a straight answer out of him. /s 

Just now, birdman said:

I think you should be asking Gettleman that question...

I'm sure you'll get a straight answer out of him. /s 

I don’t have to ask. The answer is a first, a third and a starting S. 

The cap hit is irrelevant. Giants were bot going to compete this season either way. Get the cap hit out of the way and draft some young talent. I think NY has a lot of potential cap space next year, no?

10 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I don’t have to ask. The answer is a first, a third and a starting S. 

but you just did, then followed up by answering your own question...

God I love the Internet. 

It’s strange.  If the Giants thought they were in rebuild mode then why start now?  They are going to waste a few if Saquons best years with no QB, no WR, iffy line, etc.  it may end up being a good move king term.  Diva WRs rarely win championships. 

4 minutes ago, birdman said:

but you just did, then followed up by answering your own question...

God I love the Internet. 

I asked what YOU thought fair comp was dummy. I already knew the answer. Duhhh 

The smart move would be to trade one of those 3rd’s for Rosen. I’m sure they’ll blow it and trade up for Haskins. I’ll be lmao if they trade the Cleveland 1st to move up to draft any QB, especially Haskins.

6 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

The smart move would be to trade one of those 3rd’s for Rosen. I’m sure they’ll blow it and trade up for Haskins. I’ll be lmao if they trade the Cleveland 1st to move up to draft any QB, especially Haskins.

I rather have Rosen over Haskins,  Rosen already has a year under his belt that's valuable experience Haskins has to gain...and still no guarantee any of them will be good QB's..

1 hour ago, CaliEagle said:

Haslam is still a terrible owner.  Dorsey has done a pretty good job.  But, I still think they have leadership problems at the top of that organization.  Kitchens is a question mark as a HC, so we'll see.  There's no question they have a lot of talent.  I will be interested to see how Landry and Beckham coexist at the pro level. Both guys are pretty emotional.

I think the 2 of them go back as close friends? Could have mixed it up with someone else though, but I seem to remember a documentary of them playing madden together. 

3 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

It’s strange.  If the Giants thought they were in rebuild mode then why start now?  They are going to waste a few if Saquons best years with no QB, no WR, iffy line, etc.  it may end up being a good move king term.  Diva WRs rarely win championships. 

It's pretty obvious Gettleman is trying to take control of the locker room, getting rid of strong personalities is the first part of the process. 

As far as diva WR's not winning championships...Randy Moss and Michael Irvin would like a word with you. 

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

I asked what YOU thought fair comp was dummy. I already knew the answer. Duhhh 

Now where's the fun in that? I used to have a old manager that loved to ask rhetorical questions. He was an annoying little Fer with a ridiculous mustache. 

Years later I found out that he was on the spectrum...all makes sense now. 

5 minutes ago, birdman said:

It's pretty obvious Gettleman is trying to take control of the locker room, getting rid of strong personalities is the first part of the process. 

As far as diva WR's not winning championships...Randy Moss and Michael Irvin would like a word with you. 

Now where's the fun in that? I used to have a old manager that loved to ask rhetorical questions. He was an annoying little Fer with a ridiculous mustache. 

Years later I found out that he was on the spectrum...all makes sense now. 

Why would Moss want to have a word about championships? He never won one

2 minutes ago, stillhoneymooning said:

That look when you realize you're the only offensive talent left on the whole team.

Screenshot_20190312-221228_Google.jpg

Hey we still have a good TE and #2 WR to go with the best RB in the league. No clue where we’ll find a new #1 WR, but teams seem to be doing pretty well without one. 

Looks like I'm kind of on an island with this but I think the Giants did laughably bad here. 26 year old, top 3 WR in the NFL? I would have expected at a minimum a 1 & a 2. Don't think Peppers is anything special either.

4 minutes ago, KOJO said:

Looks like I'm kind of on an island with this but I think the Giants did laughably bad here. 26 year old, top 3 WR in the NFL? I would have expected at a minimum a 1 & a 2. Don't think Peppers is anything special either.

Your aim is too low, why not an entire team’s draft, ala Ricky Williams?

15 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Why would Moss want to have a word about championships? He never won one

he won two conference championship games, that counts for nothing? 

7 minutes ago, KOJO said:

I fell like what they got is pretty equivalent to a 1 and 2, so how is it laughably bad? Peppers is a pretty good young player. I actually prefer having the 1 and 3 plus the known commodity over just two picks. 

11 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Hey we still have a good TE and #2 WR to go with the best RB in the league. No clue where we’ll find a new #1 WR, but teams seem to be doing pretty well without one. 

Man, if I'm the Giants next season, I'm splitting Barkley's carries. I know they won't, but it'd be smart to cut his workload until Giants find a QB and build a team that can compete for the division/playoffs...

That's my biggest fear with Zeke. Wasting his years away, so if they have find a true QB, Zeke will have been run to the ground.

5 minutes ago, birdman said:

he won two conference championship games, that counts for nothing? 

Nah not when it comes to Diva receivers lol

1 minute ago, cowboy30 said:

Man, if I'm the Giants next season, I'm splitting Barkley's carries. I know they won't, but it'd be smart to cut his workload until Giants find a QB and build a team that can compete for the division/playoffs...

That's my biggest fear with Zeke. Wasting his years away, so if they have find a true QB, Zeke will have been run to the ground.

I agree. I hope they use Barkley as more of a receiver and give some of his carries to Gallman. Save him a few hits. 

6 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I fell like what they got is pretty equivalent to a 1 and 2, so how is it laughably bad? Peppers is a pretty good young player. I actually prefer having the 1 and 3 plus the known commodity over just two picks. 

Meh, maybe I'm just letting the twittersphere influence me. Just seems like they should have gotten more. The 3rd rounder they got isn't even the better of the 2.

Either way, looks like Gettleman is public enemy #1 right now.