Don Corleone

Giants agree to trade WR Odell Beckham Jr to Browns

2 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

:roll::roll::roll:

I think it is even worse that they said that. They could have called this move calculated...

Just now, KOJO said:

Meh, maybe I'm just letting the twittersphere influence me. Just seems like they should have gotten more. The 3rd rounder they got isn't even the better of the 2.

Either way, looks like Gettleman is public enemy #1 right now.

When a big name player is traded, in any sport, talking heads and twitter geeks always say the team that received said player won the trade. I’m not sure which team won this one. Maybe it’ll work out for both. 

2 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

I think this is a good move for the Giants. I suspect that OBJ has a drug problem.  His behavior is erratic and that suspicious photo is enough for me.

Well, there has to be something for them to be willing to take a hit of $16 Million in dead money and to give up on his talent level.

I felt this is the type of trade they should of made before signing him to a long term deal so they didn't have to eat into the cap.

I feel the Browns come out ahead with this one big time. They're getting a top WR and not having to pay him top dollar since a huge chunk of that is with the Giants now. 

As for the Giants I guess they can swallow the cap hit since they aren't competing now.

Time will tell, but if this move puts the Browns in the playoffs next season it has to be seen as a win for them. They've been bad for so long.

For the Giants however simply being average or good isn't enough. This move expedites their rebuild process. Time will tell how it works out. I do know they need a Manning replacement asap so they don't waste the best years of Barkley.

22 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

When a big name player is traded, in any sport, talking heads and twitter geeks always say the team that received said player won the trade. I’m not sure which team won this one. Maybe it’ll work out for both. 

I don't know, just from the outside looking in, I think the Giants may have 'won' the trade by getting rid of a headcase and getting some good draft value that can either be used or traded for even more picks.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I don't know, just from the outside looking in, I think the Giants may have 'won' the trade by getting rid of a headcase and getting some good draft value that can either be used or traded for even more picks.

It’s only a win for the Giants if they make good use of the picks. The cap space will help. The reduced number of headaches will be nice. But they need to hit on the picks. 

Thank you Dave Gettleman.  A scrub S with 1 pick in 2 years, a late 3rd and a mid 1st for an all time talent.  A guy that was uncoverable.  LOL.  Thank you!

Gents it’s a 2 horse race in this division for the foreseeable future.  

E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!!!!

Browns might be the fave in the AFC now.

Giants might be going full tank in 2019.  I'm not sure they are sold on Haskins, might throw Eli out there with this putrid roster to insure 1-15 and get one of the Qb's coming out next year.

5 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

It’s only a win for the Giants if they make good use of the picks. The cap space will help. The reduced number of headaches will be nice. But they need to hit on the picks. 

I think it's a win just to get rid of the headcase. It'll be interesting to see how the Browns handle him, if he keeps up with his usual antics.

With the end of the Manning era quickly drawing to a close though, I think this move kind of indicates the beginning of the push to build for the 'new era'. My initial thoughts are that I wouldn't be completely shocked if they try to turn those picks into more picks.

I don't follow college football, so I don't know anything about the players in the draft, but is there a QB that would be a 'must have' this year or is there a better option coming out next year?

Kinda confused why Clev wouldnt trade back in the 20s and grab DK. Come to think of it. Wonder if that's the Giants plan....

The Giants are one of the crappier teams in the league at the moment, yet on the NFLN, the day before free agency starts, this is the ONLY story.  Shows how slanted the media is when it comes to NY, and especially the Giants.

2 hours ago, birdman said:

Giants clearly lost out in this deal, very mediocre return for a tremendous talent in OBJ. 

Gettleman is the Chip Kelly of GM's. 

Congratulations Gnats, you are now officially a dumpster-fire 🤣

That $16M cap-hit has got to burn...

What does that make the Steelers then?

They did far worse in every measurable way with their trade.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I think it's a win just to get rid of the headcase. It'll be interesting to see how the Browns handle him, if he keeps up with his usual antics.

With the end of the Manning era quickly drawing to a close though, I think this move kind of indicates the beginning of the push to build for the 'new era'. My initial thoughts are that I wouldn't be completely shocked if they try to turn those picks into more picks.

I don't follow college football, so I don't know anything about the players in the draft, but is there a QB that would be a 'must have' this year or is there a better option coming out next year?

I know Landry and OBJ are friends, but I think that is going to be a combustible situation.  There's only one football to go around and wait until Hunt gets reinstated.  Neither Landry or OBJ will want to be second or third fiddle.  This isn't LSU. 

I wonder if the Giants are going to wait until Lawrence comes out for the draft in a couple of years to address the QB situation. Maybe they are going to stockpile picks to try to get him. I don't think the QBs in this draft are sure bets.

4 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I know Landry and OBJ are friends, but I think that is going to be a combustible situation.  There's only one football to go around and wait until Hunt gets reinstated.  Neither Landry or OBJ will want to be second or third fiddle.  This isn't LSU. 

I wonder if the Giants are going to wait until Lawrence comes out for the draft in a couple of years to address the QB situation. Maybe they are going to stockpile picks to try to get him. I don't think the QBs in this draft are sure bets.

If the Cardinals are going to go QB at #1, then they'll be wanting to rid themselves of Rosen. Maybe the Giants look into a trade there.

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If the Cardinals are going to go QB at #1, then they'll be wanting to rid themselves of Rosen. Maybe the Giants look into a trade there.

It might be worth the risk. Rosen isn't going to fetch the Cards a 1st rounder and probably not even a 2nd rounder now.   So, the Giants could probably deal a 3rd or 4th rounder for Rosen at this point.  

Just now, CaliEagle said:

It might be worth the risk. Rosen isn't going to fetch the Cards a 1st rounder and probably not even a 2nd rounder now.   So, the Giants could probably deal a 3rd or 4th rounder for Rosen at this point.  

Wait, has anyone double checked to make sure that the Browns didn't actually trade for Odell Beckham, Sr.? They are the Browns, after all...

Something has to have happened, for the Giants to be willing to give up such a talent and to take the $16m dead money. Maybe that'll be OBJ's wakeup call.

3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

It really depends on what NY does with the draft picks - a mid/later round 1 and a late 3rd.  Very good chance that they draft 2 very average players with that draft capital.

1 hour ago, Bored said:

Something has to have happened, for the Giants to be willing to give up such a talent and to take the $16m dead money.

Man, that sounds familiar...

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Well, there has to be something for them to be willing to take a hit of $16 Million in dead money and to give up on his talent level.

5 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

If you guys are gonna tank, I'd rather you guys do it this year, rather than next. The 2020 QB class is very good, but I don't want you guys getting your paws on Trevor Lawrence in 2021. Matter of fact just trade up and get Haskins, you have the capital.

I think that 1st the Jints got from Cleveland will go to the Cardinals for Josh Rosen.