Don Corleone

Giants agree to trade WR Odell Beckham Jr to Browns

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If the Cardinals are going to go QB at #1, then they'll be wanting to rid themselves of Rosen. Maybe the Giants look into a trade there.

2 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

It might be worth the risk. Rosen isn't going to fetch the Cards a 1st rounder and probably not even a 2nd rounder now.   So, the Giants could probably deal a 3rd or 4th rounder for Rosen at this point.  

I think that 1st the Giants got might be enough. Cards may want more but I doubt they get it.

7 hours ago, Quiet Boy said:

Jabrill will be a pain in the division.

The Giants just let Landon Collins and Odell Beckham go in one week. Their fan base is so f'ing furious it's Tatergeddon there. 

Jabrill Peppers isn't nearly as talented as Collins and right now, Gettleman may get shot by a New Yorker. 

I have no idea what they're thinking, but right now Gettleman is as crazy as Sterling Hayden. 

6 hours ago, skippyx said:

Screen_Shot_2017_01_02_at_3.04.18_PM.0.p

I have pictures of me and my buddies striper fishing on the Delaware River. We all have tattoos and beards. We're white though. Would there be something wrong with that picture? 

Seriously, I have no idea what is supposed to be wrong with this picture other than some sort of racial insinuation. 

I'll just leave this picture of Mike Trout on a boat with white guys here...

See if it gets "random" thumbs up. 

Trout-Fish.jpg

37 minutes ago, ndirish5567 said:

I have pictures of me and my buddies striper fishing on the Delaware River. We all have tattoos and beards. We're white though. Would there be something wrong with that picture? 

Seriously, I have no idea what is supposed to be wrong with this picture other than some sort of racial insinuation. 

You have to understand the context of when that picture was taken, and what happened days later.

Giants' Sterling Shepard lone survivor of infamous Miami 'boat photo'

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/12/new-york-giants-sterling-shepard-lone-survivor-of-infamous-boat-photo/

When the New York Giants made the playoffs in 2016, there was a general excitement around the team — a belief they had re-arrived and were poised to make another Super Bowl run.

That proved to be a false hope as the Giants were embarrassed in Green Bay in the wildcard game, wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. punched a hole in the Lambeau Field wall and co-owner John Mara was forced to confront some of his demons publicly.

A season later, head coach Ben McAdoo was fired, general manager Jerry Reese was sent packing and, on Tuesday night, Beckham was traded to the Cleveland Browns.

In less than three years, that team has been wiped out. And to this day, many blame the infamous "Miami boat picture” as the Giants’ sudden demise — a seemingly harmless photograph of Big Blue players, famous artists (see: Trey Songz) — some of whom they partied with earlier in the day — and a luxurious yacht in Miami Beach.

In an accompanying video to the image, which featured Sterling Shepard, Victor Cruz, Roger Lewis Jr. and Beckham, someone can be heard saying, "I can’t take Adderall.”

Unsurprisingly, courtesy of the New York market, the photo caused a massive uproar leading up to the Packers loss. It became a regular topic of conversation in subsequent years and now, with Beckham gone, Cruz having been released and Lewis having been waived, Shepard has taken over as the sole survivor.

For years many dismissed the photo as little more than a scapegoat, but there’s no denying its consequences. The Giants have gone 8-25 since it was taken and only one man remains.

Shepard’s rookie contract is up after the 2019 season. Will he return?

59 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You have to understand the context of when that picture was taken, and what happened days later.

Absolutely spot on. This has nothing to do with skin colour. It has everything to do with when they did this and what happened after this photo. 

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Fair enough. My apologies to all. 

With no context, hopefully people could see why I found it objectionable. 

3 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

I think that 1st the Jints got from Cleveland will go to the Cardinals for Josh Rosen.  

If they like Rosen they would have taken him last year.

5 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

I think that 1st the Jints got from Cleveland will go to the Cardinals for Josh Rosen.  

If they made that trade i would be done as a Giants fan, i am willing to give up our second or the 2  3 rounders we have but a first is a bad Fing trade...

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Absolutely spot on. This has nothing to do with skin colour. It has everything to do with when they did this and what happened after this photo. 

I also thinks it speaks a little bit to a generational ignorance of the potential consequences stemming from documenting your own misdoings.  I'm pretty sure there was far more evidence for the boat party than just photos but take the video with that funny cigar and white lines, completely plausible deniability without video proof.

2 minutes ago, pencil face said:

If they made that trade i would be done as a Giants fan, i am willing to give up our second or the 2  3 rounders we have but a first is a bad Fing trade...

That would be a terrible trade. Rosen really isn't worth a first round pick. 

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Perhaps the Giants overreacted. I still don't get why it's such a big deal. Looks like a bunch of guys having a New Year's party on a boat on an off day. If the Giants broke up the group and they are 8-25 since the pic was taken, maybe they should have kept them together. Trips like that can build camaraderie.

12 hours ago, aspiritfall said:

Good trade for both teams... F obj good riddance 

Feel that same way, while I really tried to like him as a Giant, I knew he was a horrible team player. having so much fun on different NY forums bumping threads of homers who called me a hater, suckers!!

12 hours ago, L.E. said:

Browns got screwed.

Long term, I agree, but that orginization needs to make a playoff push next year. They sacrificed future growth to focus on the next 2 seasons. Not the way to build a strong franchise, but the fan base is starving for a playoff birth. 

Fingers crossed that the Giants draft a couple busts. 

On paper, I like this trade for the Giants.  Beckham is an incredible talent, but between the contract and the headache that comes with having him, I think flipping him for a 1st, a 3rd, and a starting safety is a good deal.  Of course, this is all contingent on them using the picks well, so they could still wind up big losers if they pick a bust at 17.

6 hours ago, ndirish5567 said:

It was taken during the week before the playoff game vs the Packers. Odell the dropped big passes and played like crap for that playoff game. Giants got pounded and Odell had 4 catches for 28 yards. Then the two seasons after the giants won 3 and 5 games respectively. It has nothing to do with race at all, stop reaching. 

For comparison, people also hammered Romo and made fun of him for going on a vacation during the week before his playoff game. 

6 hours ago, ndirish5567 said:

I'll just leave this picture of Mike Trout on a boat with white guys here...

See if it gets "random" thumbs up. 

Trout-Fish.jpg

Since its Mike Trout we can be pretty certain that trip was not before a playoff game.

12 minutes ago, boogyman said:

It was taken during the week before the playoff game vs the Packers. Odell the dropped big passes and played like crap for that playoff game. Giants got pounded and Odell had 4 catches for 28 yards. Then the two seasons after the giants won 3 and 5 games respectively. It has nothing to do with race at all, stop reaching. 

For comparison, people also hammered Romo and made fun of him for going on a vacation during the week before his playoff game. 

I guess if you could read, you'd see it's already been addressed just a few posts up, but congratulations for completely missing that and just going for the gold. 

Anything else while you're on a roll? 

I would have traded OBJ along time ago.

I think people underestimate how important team chemistry and leadership and having a stable cohesive locker room are.

OBJ isnt a winner hes a whiner hes not a champ hes a chump. Hes shown time and time again that when the going gets tough he quits.

I wouldnt ever want a player like that anywhere near my locker room

I want a group of guys that fight for eachother trust and respect eachother and themselves and win and lose together as a team and a family. Getting rid of OBJ is a step towards that.

This trade was all about money just like AB, just less public. OBJ already saying he wants an "adjustment" to his deal he signed last year. Im sure it will put him over AB's deal. The AB trade was horrible for the NFL, trickle effect has already started. 

Giants did not get the block buster they said they needed. Peppers was a disappointment and they were calling for him to be benched. But new team, new system maybe he plays better. This trade just proves the Gmen know they need to start fresh. Get rid of the locker room head ache now. As for Rosen from Zona, I like the fit but not for a first rounder. His value is not the same this year as last year. Id throw a 2nd rounder offer on him if Im Gmen. Id like to see how he could do over there, thing its a better scheme fit for him. 

It's a no-win situation for the Giants. They can't replace his value at WR. OBJ was likely to restructure his deal soon or be disgruntled, there was little guaranteed money left on his contract. I think it was probably better for the Giants to decide to deal now if they aren't willing keep him long term. They  will get a 1st round pick, a 3rd round pick, and Peppers who fills a hole at safety for now. It's decent value. That's at least 2 players who can start, or more, for one. Although none are likely to be the superstar OBJ was.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That would be a terrible trade. Rosen really isn't worth a first round pick. 

Meh we don't know that yet. He got drafted by a crap team with a new defensive minded coach that got fired after one season

Browns fans very excited but they have no idea what they getting, since he was so talented I ignored the BS around him, he's there problem now, can they ignore his cancerous attitude? i suspect year one with his boy Landry and his old LSU WR coach will go smooth, but if he ain't getting the catches or TDs the cancer will spread...

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Right.  If I were the Giants I would have not allowed it, noting they had to appease the "old time" Giants like Sam Huff who slammed them for doing it.