Don Corleone

Giants agree to trade WR Odell Beckham Jr to Browns

1 hour ago, toolg said:

It's a no-win situation for the Giants. They can't replace his value at WR. OBJ was likely to restructure his deal soon or be disgruntled, there was little guaranteed money left on his contract. I think it was probably better for the Giants to decide to deal now if they aren't willing keep him long term. They  will get a 1st round pick, a 3rd round pick, and Peppers who fills a hole at safety for now. It's decent value. That's at least 2 players who can start, or more, for one. Although none are likely to be the superstar OBJ was.

Jabrill Peppers was an important part of the Browns defense last year.  He should be more than adequate as a replacement for Collins. 

I would have tried to fix his head before trading him. He’s very talented. Thank God he’s out of the East before he matured

The only way the Giants win that trade is if OBJ actually is doing coke and gets caught.

14 hours ago, skippyx said:

What does that make the Steelers then?

They did far worse in every measurable way with their trade.

Turrible. 

Garbage HC, aging QB, etc...

Browns are going to own that division as long as Kitchens doesn't crap the bed. 

11 hours ago, ndirish5567 said:

The Giants just let Landon Collins and Odell Beckham go in one week. Their fan base is so f'ing furious it's Tatergeddon there. 

Jabrill Peppers isn't nearly as talented as Collins and right now, Gettleman may get shot by a New Yorker. 

I have no idea what they're thinking, but right now Gettleman is as crazy as Sterling Hayden. 

I live in nj and have tons of Giant fan friends. They absolutely believe Peppers is a stud and just as good if not better than Collins. 

7 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I live in nj and have tons of Giant fan friends. They absolutely believe Peppers is a stud and just as good if not better than Collins. 

And I'm confident they've been saying that for years right lol

16 minutes ago, birdman said:

Turrible. 

Garbage HC, aging QB, etc...

Browns are going to own that division as long as Kitchens doesn't crap the bed. 

I agree with you but I would have used burn the dinner for the analogy. 🔥

3 hours ago, pencil face said:

Browns fans very excited but they have no idea what they getting, since he was so talented I ignored the BS around him, he's there problem now, can they ignore his cancerous attitude? i suspect year one with his boy Landry and his old LSU WR coach will go smooth, but if he ain't getting the catches or TDs the cancer will spread...

I don't even think it's a done deal yet and he wants more money before it's official. 

1 hour ago, Eglzfan39 said:

And I'm confident they've been saying that for years right lol

Lol. No way. Just since yesterday

31 minutes ago, GA4M said:

I don't even think it's a done deal yet and he wants more money before it's official. 

Yeah he now wants more than Antonio got from the Raiders

49 minutes ago, GA4M said:

It's after 4pm  he's their problem now lol

11 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

It's an original round tender, but why? 

The original round tender is an easy way to negotiate the contract, get them at a lower price and receive compensation if a team is crazy enough to sign them. Am I interpreting this wrong? I don't get the confusion. Maybe there was a team that showed interest. 

This was from 2018:

First-round tenders are valued at $4.149 million in 2018.
Second-round tenders are $2.914 million.
Original-round and low-level tenders are $1.907 million.

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

The original round tender is an easy way to negotiate the contract, get them at a lower price and receive compensation if a team is crazy enough to sign them. Am I interpreting this wrong? I don't get the confusion. Maybe there was a team that showed interest. 

This was from 2018:

First-round tenders are valued at $4.149 million in 2018.
Second-round tenders are $2.914 million.
Original-round and low-level tenders are $1.907 million.

According to Caplan though, it's a 1st round tender. So when I meant original round tender, that's what I meant, I should've been more specific.

So that's my point, why would you tender him 1st round?

1 hour ago, Don Corleone said:

According to Caplan though, it's a 1st round tender. So when I meant original round tender, that's what I meant, I should've been more specific.

So that's my point, why would you tender him 1st round?

I misinterpreted the rules. I thought they would be committed to the $1.9M as an original round tender, not the $4M+ for a first round tender. 

Very odd move. 

Edit: I think I was right

1 hour ago, Jason1978 said:

Yeah he now wants more than Antonio got from the Raiders

So over his BS, seriously.

If the Browns canceled this before its official it would be the greatest thing in the history of the NFL

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

If the Browns canceled this before its official it would be the greatest thing in the history of the NFL

It would not surprise me one bit if it happened. This has been a crazy year. I can see OBJ threatening to hold out if he’s not the highest paid receiver and the Browns saying F it, we’re still loaded without him. 

I think ESPN would explode, along with the heads of both fan bases.

Everyone would then turn around and say, ‘the Giants are paying $18M/yr to a receiver!! How does that fit into the rebuild plan?’

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

I think ESPN would explode, along with the heads of both fan bases.

Everyone would then turn around and say, "the Giants are paying $18M/yr to a receiver!! How does that fit into the rebuild plan?” 

Yup. And then a disgruntled Odell would return to NY unless another trade came along. Glorious.