Don Corleone

Giants agree to trade WR Odell Beckham Jr to Browns

This can go either way, drastically. Either Pat Shurmur is replicating what he learnt from his time with Chip Kelly or they build a team from the ground up on a strong foundation.

This will be determined by their draft picks.

9 hours ago, boogyman said:

I live in nj and have tons of Giant fan friends. They absolutely believe Peppers is a stud and just as good if not better than Collins. 

I'm sure you do. He's a Paramus Catholic kid, was the hero of North Jersey and everyone up there has been up his arse since he was 12 years old. 

I'm not sure what the opinion of a "ton of Giants fans" has to do with his actual ability. 

Jabrill was average at best as a safety his rookie year. At times he really struggled. Last year the Browns moved him to a hybrid role. He basically played ROVER. The kid was playing what amounts to a college position. He did much better. 

If the Giants defense is going to run the same defense as schools like Texas Tech or Kansas State, he'll be awesome. As a traditional safety, he hasn't been very good in the NFL. 

That or he does what he's done since he was a kid, picks up safety and turns into a stud because he's freaking Jabrill Peppers. 

Still, don't come here with that stupid, "well, I live in New Jersey" argument. I've known his old coach Chris Partridge for over a decade. Did you see me bringing that up? No. Just say your opinion instead of needing to use others. 

9 hours ago, ndirish5567 said:

I'm sure you do. He's a Paramus Catholic kid, was the hero of North Jersey and everyone up there has been up his arse since he was 12 years old. 

I'm not sure what the opinion of a "ton of Giants fans" has to do with his actual ability. 

Jabrill was average at best as a safety his rookie year. At times he really struggled. Last year the Browns moved him to a hybrid role. He basically played ROVER. The kid was playing what amounts to a college position. He did much better. 

If the Giants defense is going to run the same defense as schools like Texas Tech or Kansas State, he'll be awesome. As a traditional safety, he hasn't been very good in the NFL. 

That or he does what he's done since he was a kid, picks up safety and turns into a stud because he's freaking Jabrill Peppers. 

Still, don't come here with that stupid, "well, I live in New Jersey" argument. I've known his old coach Chris Partridge for over a decade. Did you see me bringing that up? No. Just say your opinion instead of needing to use others. 

I only brought up my location because almost the entire area is Giants fans. It's a reference to obviously show the amount of input. It was not part of an "arguement" I was also REPLYING to another poster who was speaking as to what the FANS were saying. Context matters.

Also you just brought up that you know his old coach. "Dont come here with that stupid arguement"

4 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

I'm glad he's finally gone.  He wasn't a good teammate and it was painfully obvious.

Smart man.  At the end of the day, all his talent wasn’t translating in the win/loss column.  

I think MOST teams are FINALLY learning that diva wr’s are a detriment both on and off the field and in the lockerrrom. 

Jeez.  We all know those guys in basketball and football that want the ball and the glory and l eyes on them all the time regardless of team success.  There is no place for that in any pro team sport.  

6 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

I'm glad he's finally gone.  He wasn't a good teammate and it was painfully obvious.

Let's see, 5 years, didn't play about 1 1/2 years, the rest of the time he was a whinny little punk. how some NY fans can defend him is beyond me. 

30 minutes ago, boogyman said:

So bittersweet to get one more use out of that photo

9 dudes on a boat.  One with shorts on.  One with sweat pants and the rest in skinny jeans.  Good grief.

7 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

9 dudes on a boat.  One with shorts on.  One with sweat pants and the rest in skinny jeans.  Good grief.

Apparently comments like that about that photo are racist.

BTW most of them are wearing boots lol.

Just now, boogyman said:

Apparently comments like that about that photo are racist.

BTW most of them are wearing boots lol.

I meant no racism.  Clear day, on a boat, I would go into a full blown panic/claustrophobia attack and be completely miserable with pants on  

9 hours ago, boogyman said:

I only brought up my location because almost the entire area is Giants fans. It's a reference to obviously show the amount of input. It was not part of an "arguement" I was also REPLYING to another poster who was speaking as to what the FANS were saying. Context matters.

Also you just brought up that you know his old coach. "Dont come here with that stupid arguement"

I loved Landon Collins but his last 2 season were nowhere near what he accomplished in 2016. LC struggled mightily as a rookie and then went beserk as a sophomore. Since then he's been ok. 

Jabrill Peppers and Landon Collins were basically the same player last season. The difference this year is one will be making about $14 mil while the other will be making $1 mil.

I'd say Jabrill is about 85-90% of the player that LC is for less than 10% of the cost.

1 hour ago, vincent_NJG said:

I loved Landon Collins but his last 2 season were nowhere near what he accomplished in 2016. LC struggled mightily as a rookie and then went beserk as a sophomore. Since then he's been ok. 

Jabrill Peppers and Landon Collins were basically the same player last season. The difference this year is one will be making about $14 mil while the other will be making $1 mil.

I'd say Jabrill is about 85-90% of the player that LC is for less than 10% of the cost.

Last year, yeah. But Collins had years far beyond anything Peppers has shown so far. And I am not a big Collins fan at all. Collins made 2 to 3 times more plays in 1 year than Peppers has made in his 2 year career, showing he is at least capable of that level of play. Maybe Peppers is too but he has not done it yet. And let's be honest, the entire Giants team has sucked for the past 2 years so maybe that had something to do with Collins drop off?

So far Peppers is just a decent safety with the same upside all 3rd year players have. 

27 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

I meant no racism.  Clear day, on a boat, I would go into a full blown panic/claustrophobia attack and be completely miserable with pants on  

Scroll back a few pages. That was not for you.

1 hour ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Beckham is a better player than whoever they draft with that pick plus they paid him like 22 million last year for one year 

He's a better player, but plays a less important position. They need to use the picks to build the O and D lines or draft a QB. Not build around a WR. 

He's probably a better player than Cox, but who would you rather have on the team? 

It was the right move for a rebuilding team. The bad move was signing him in the first place, but who cares about dead money in a year when they're not going to compete anyway. 

5 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

He's a better player, but plays a less important position. They need to use the picks to build the O and D lines or draft a QB. Not build around a WR. 

He's probably a better player than Cox, but who would you rather have on the team? 

It was the right move for a rebuilding team. The bad move was signing him in the first place, but who cares about dead money in a year when they're not going to compete anyway. 

Cant agree more. A.B., Bell, Odell are all useful players. But looking at the rosters of who wins rings in recent years those types of players are just not really needed to win rings.

NE ran the ball over over everyone in the playoffs with a no name backfield. Eagles won a ring with no skill guys having over a 1000 yards and rarely had a 100 yard game from a  player all season.

I like Tate. He's a good, hard working player and at $5M per year (the guaranteed part) he's cost effective. But this feels like the Giants are straddling between tanking and trying to compete. Pick a lane homies! 

33 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

:roll:

He went from wanting to win another ring with Brady to show me the money :lol:

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

Really? Fletcher Cox was 1st team All-Pro last year. How many times was Beckham 1st team?

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

I like Tate. He's a good, hard working player and at $5M per year (the guaranteed part) he's cost effective. But this feels like the Giants are straddling between tanking and trying to compete. Pick a lane homies! 

I’ve never seen a team without a plan unless the plan just changes minute to minute, hour to hour, What the hell is the team doing? Either you’re playing for next year or you’re playing for the future. 

I have news for the Giants. If they’re playing for next year they’re making a huge mistake, Their offense is average at best and defensively they’re bottom 5. How do they think they can win any games with that formula?

If they’re playing for the future why bring Eli back and sign Tate? On top of that, their best player is a RB. Good luck running the ball when you’re down 30-3 in the 4th quarter. Their management is building the team a** backwards.

39 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Really? Fletcher Cox was 1st team All-Pro last year. How many times was Beckham 1st team?

Apparently the Giants traded away a ‘generational talent’ in OBJ? Has Cox ever been described as a generational talent? For all his faults, OBJ is unique....but that wasn’t at all the point of my post and I was actually complementing Cox. That’s the player I’d rather have on my squad. 

30 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

I’ve never seen a team without a plan unless the plan just changes minute to minute, hour to hour, What the hell is the team doing? Either you’re playing for next year or you’re playing for the future. 

I have news for the Giants. If they’re playing for next year they’re making a huge mistake, Their offense is average at best and defensively they’re bottom 5. How do they think they can win any games with that formula?

If they’re playing for the future why bring Eli back and sign Tate? On top of that, their best player is a RB. Good luck running the ball when you’re down 30-3 in the 4th quarter. Their management is building the team a** backwards.

At this point having Eli on the team makes no difference. He’ll either serve as a mentor for a young draftee or he’ll just play out the contract and be off the team. Either way this is his last year. Cutting him creates cap space, but I’m not sure I really want them to have too much cap space right now. That’s how long term mistakes are made. 

The Tate signing is curious, but they are building from the inside out. The OL has been rebuilt and is still a priority and they have a bunch of young guys in the front 7. They just need a few more pass rushers and I would be very surprised if they didn’t grab 2 in the draft.