Don Corleone

Giants agree to trade WR Odell Beckham Jr to Browns

36 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Really? Fletcher Cox was 1st team All-Pro last year. How many times was Beckham 1st team?

Skill wise Odell is one of the most skilled players in the league. "Needle moving" wise, Cox is one of the top guys. I get the point BKLYNYG was making, it was obvious.

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

I like Tate. He's a good, hard working player and at $5M per year (the guaranteed part) he's cost effective. But this feels like the Giants are straddling between tanking and trying to compete. Pick a lane homies! 

It's a strange signing IMO. I guess they want to at least look like they are trying? 

Also a guy like Tate could help bring along a young QB as a "safety valve", and he can turn routine plays into big gainers. That can help a young QBs confidence.

53 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

I like Tate he did catch our playoff td to beat the Bears

That’s what great players do. Make big plays in big moments.  He is a guy you always have on the field in crunch time. 

I for one wanted him to stay but knew it would be hard   

Oh well.  We got djax so it’s no biggie really.

Aj

djax

nelly

ertz

goedert

thats a not a shabby Arsenal for Wentzand nothing close to what McNabb had 

4 minutes ago, boogyman said:

It's a strange signing IMO. I guess they want to at least look like they are trying? 

Also a guy like Tate could help bring along a young QB as a "safety valve", and he can turn routine plays into big gainers. That can help a young QBs confidence.

If the Giants would have signed Tate at the beginning of FA to add to their receiving corps, I wouldn’t have batted an eye. But the timing sucks. It looks like they’re signing Tate to replace OBJ, which they’re not and he won’t. In a vacuum I like the signing for all the reasons you said. But the optics look bad. 

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

With regard to the Tate contract:

So apparently Banner has an axe to grind with Gettleman. He’s been up his butt for years. I have no clue why. You? 

Just now, BKLYNYG said:

If the Giants would have signed Tate at the beginning of FA to add to their receiving corps, I wouldn’t have batted an eye. But the timing sucks. It looks like they’re signing Tate to replace OBJ, which they’re not and he won’t. In a vacuum I like the signing for all the reasons you said. But the optics look bad. 

I agree. I was just trying to see it from the angle they might be looking at it from. If they draft a QB and plan to play him at any point theu dont want the recieving cupboard to be bare.

What's strange is both Tate and Sheppard are probably best in the slot. Your receiving corp is shaping up to look like ours last year with a lot of slot skill overlap.

Just now, BKLYNYG said:

So apparently Banner has an axe to grind with Gettleman. He’s been up his butt for years. I have no clue why. You? 

No, I have no idea.

I saw the tweet on Quick Slants (a local Philly show) and thought some might find it interesting, here. Other than that, I don't follow Banner at all.

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

Maybe its personal? Maybe he dislikes the giants? Maybe he banged his wife or beat him in poker real bad?

6 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

That’s what great players do. Make big plays in big moments.  He is a guy you always have on the field in crunch time. 

I for one wanted him to stay but knew it would be hard   

Oh well.  We got djax so it’s no biggie really.

I am glad it appears they are keeping Agholor. Younger and more speed. If Wentz can get better at the flat passes and screens(he sucks at throwing them IMO) Aggy will have more big plays IMO.

8 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I agree. I was just trying to see it from the angle they might be looking at it from. If they draft a QB and plan to play him at any point theu dont want the recieving cupboard to be bare.

What's strange is both Tate and Sheppard are probably best in the slot. Your receiving corp is shaping up to look like ours last year with a lot of slot skill overlap.

Yup, agreed. It’a good idea to give a young guy tools to work with. 

It’s also starting to look like the Pats receiving corps. Lots of quick slot guys running all over the field and a RB that can serve as another receiver. We still suck, but Tate’s a good dude to have around. 

11 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Maybe its personal? Maybe he dislikes the giants? Maybe he banged his wife or beat him in poker real bad?

I think he banged his wife. Banner is a good looking dude....

Giants signed 2 guys with the word ‘Golden’ in their names in the past hour. 

OLB Marcus Golden is the other. 

6 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

9 dudes on a boat.  One with shorts on.  One with sweat pants and the rest in skinny jeans.  Good grief.

Sounds like it could be a Momma Dietz commercial.

2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Giants signed 2 guys with the word ‘Golden’ in their names in the past hour. 

OLB Marcus Golden is the other. 

You guys have surpassed us as the new Gold Standard (TM)

lol Dorsey said Odell talent outweights the challenges, they probably think they can control him, if Coughlin couldn't control him no one can..

1 hour ago, pencil face said:

lol Dorsey said Odell talent outweights the challenges, they probably think they can control him, if Coughlin couldn't control him no one can..

He's right IMO. If they can fix him then that'll have been a great trade for Browns

5 hours ago, pencil face said:

Guys like him want one thing and one thing only. To win. That’s all. 

He wasn’t winning, but according to every account I’ve seen from the players in the locker room, everyone loved him and he was a great teammate. People who call him a cancer are full of ish. 

On 3/14/2019 at 5:18 PM, pisceschica said:

He went from wanting to win another ring with Brady to show me the money :lol:

That's not a bad deal considering what I've seen in FA.  Bobby Hart got 3 years 21 million.  Take that in to perspective.  That might not mean much to you but we watched him play, he is terrible.  One of the worst lineman in the NFL and he got 7 mil per year.

2 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

That's not a bad deal considering what I've seen in FA.  Bobby Hart got 3 years 21 million.  Take that in to perspective.  That might not mean much to you but we watched him play, he is terrible.  One of the worst lineman in the NFL and he got 7 mil per year.

I’m not saying it was a good or bad deal. 

I’m simply pointing out that this move contradicts what Tate said last month about trying to win another ring before he retires.