Sign in to follow this  
Procus

LeVeon Bell to the Jets

Not surprised. Hopefully the AFC East will begin to be more competitive now. They've sucked so badly for the past 20 years, giving the Patriots an easy road to the Divisional Round every year.

don't be deceived Eagles fans, it is incentive-laced and he could make as much as 61m$. So 15m a year as long as he lives up to it, we never had a chance.

Aaaaaand career over.  That place is where RB careers go to die. 

24 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Aaaaaand career over.  That place is where RB careers go to die. 

Hes got guaranteed $. Its all he cares about at this point.

1 hour ago, Havenless said:

don't be deceived Eagles fans, it is incentive-laced and he could make as much as 61m$. So 15m a year as long as he lives up to it, we never had a chance.

I don't think a diva RB who wants the ball all the time was ever on the Eagles' radar.

55 minutes ago, Procus said:

I don't think a diva RB who wants the ball all the time was ever on the Eagles' radar.

Still a 1,000x better then our whole rb room combined!

The Jets. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Pretty much expected. The Jets and Bell deserve each other.

5 hours ago, Harry1970 said:

And still 1000x more unnecessary cap space that is freed up for the rest of the roster. 

6 hours ago, Harry1970 said:

When was the last top 5 RB or WR in the league a super bowl champion? It doesn't happen. Stop it.

Karma.

Had to take a deal for less then the Steelers offered to him last year. Greed took a bite out of him today. Im sure him accepting this deal was a hard pill to swallow with all the drama he stirred up. 

I struggled to understand how his style in running the ball would be a seamless fit with the way our OL blocks, but I'm not an expert on the subject.

13-15 million a year for a replacement level player with drug and suspension history and a terrible me-first attitude.

A player who is replaced by 3 different people who play as well as he did is a replacement level player.

The Jets don't have the Steelers O-line.

This will go down as a top 50 worst signing of all-time.

Its not the worst this year though (Archuletta 2.0 is)

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Karma.

Had to take a deal for less then the Steelers offered to him last year. Greed took a bite out of him today. Im sure him accepting this deal was a hard pill to swallow with all the drama he stirred up. 

Yeah. But he got $35 million guaranteed. That's the important number players are looking at now.... It's probably more than the Steelers would guarantee. (I just checked, they offered $33 million guaranteed.) They are notorious for cheap contracts.

Think of him like Emmitt Smith after the glory years.

He may get TDs and yards due to volume but he wont be top 10 in yards per carry.

• Always pay for Barry Sanders.
  • Never pay for Emmett unless you get his O-line too.

3 hours ago, skippyx said:

13-15 million a year for a replacement level player with drug and suspension history and a terrible me-first attitude.

A player who is replaced by 3 different people who play as well as he did is a replacement level player.

The Jets don't have the Steelers O-line.

This will go down as a top 50 worst signing of all-time.

Its not the worst this year though (Archuletta 2.0 is)

You think?  I believe Landon Collins has gotten an unfair rap and will do alright in DC.  I just don't think he is as liable against the pass as they have painted him.  I've got Trent brown/Raiders as the worst.  That guy could be benched in 1 yr.

I think this deal can go 1 of 2 ways.  Either he is Albert Haynesworth bad , shows up out of shape etc.  Or he could be Ricky Watters type sneaky good pickup.

On 3/13/2019 at 10:29 AM, toolg said:

Yeah. But he got $35 million guaranteed. That's the important number players are looking at now.... It's probably more than the Steelers would guarantee. (I just checked, they offered $33 million guaranteed.) They are notorious for cheap contracts.

2 less million? Wow. And Steelers offered him a bigger contract? Bell is really that greedy apparently. He showed it when he sat entire 2018 season.

On 3/13/2019 at 1:24 PM, dawkins4prez said:

You think?  I believe Landon Collins has gotten an unfair rap and will do alright in DC.  I just don't think he is as liable against the pass as they have painted him.  I've got Trent brown/Raiders as the worst.  That guy could be benched in 1 yr.

I think this deal can go 1 of 2 ways.  Either he is Albert Haynesworth bad , shows up out of shape etc.  Or he could be Ricky Watters type sneaky good pickup.

Well, Trent Brown is a young guy. He has that against him with Jon Gruden.

59 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

2 less million? Wow. And Steelers offered him a bigger contract? Bell is really that greedy apparently. He showed it when he sat entire 2018 season.

In the end the Jets give him more $$. But not by much. I do think it is a bit of karma, I bet he thought he could sign for even more $$$... Bell got what he wanted. The Jets get what they want. And the Steelers are rid of him.

I was listening to SiriusXM NFL and they made a good point. When you're factoring Bell's yearly average, you should add 2018 into the mix. So instead of calculating it as a 4 year contract with an annual average of $13.125 Million, you add in 2018's salary earned, which is $0.00. Factoring it that way, it's $10.5 Million.

Bell might be happy with the contract that he got, but by holding out for the entire season and earning $0.00, he hurt himself and he'll likely never make up the millions that he lost in 2018.

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was listening to SiriusXM NFL and they made a good point. When you're factoring Bell's yearly average, you should add 2018 into the mix. So instead of calculating it as a 4 year contract with an annual average of $13.125 Million, you add in 2018's salary earned, which is $0.00. Factoring it that way, it's $10.5 Million.

Bell might be happy with the contract that he got, but by holding out for the entire season and earning $0.00, he hurt himself and he'll likely never make up the millions that he lost in 2018.

That formula doesn't work because he didn't work at all in 2018. No work.  No pay.  Also no miles on the body.  It's stupid to factor a skipped year into his new salary. If skipping 2018 gives him a extra year at the end of his career, he will get that money at that point. 

15 minutes ago, Captain F said:

That formula doesn't work because he didn't work at all in 2018. No work.  No pay.  Also no miles on the body.  It's stupid to factor a skipped year into his new salary. If skipping 2018 gives him a extra year at the end of his career, he will get that money at that point. 

Their reasoning was that in order to get to the Jets, he sat out all year for no pay. Also, by the time he finishes this contract, he'll be 30. Are 30 year old RBs making $14 to $18 Million per year (or whatever he lost for 2018)? The money that he threw away last year, will never be earned back. It's just gone.

If you take his career as a whole, you have to factor in the lost year. If his career spans from 2013 to 2021 and you tabulate his entire salary for that entire span, the 'lost year' is still there. It's a hole in his career... in his wallet.

I think SiriusXM archives their shows, I'll see if I can find that segment, but unless you have a subscription, I don't think you'd be able to hear it to hear all of their reasoning on why you should factor in the 'lost year'.

I get what they are saying.  I just don't see it the same way. And hell, with the way nfl contracts are getting, who knows what he might make at 30. It might just be 18m. Who knows

And since Bell skipped an entire season, he will be a 29-year old RB in a 30-year old body when the contract is over.... If he's still cranking out 2,000 all-purpose yard seasons then, someone will give him another big contract. And if he's not, better to get the few extra guaranteed $$$ now.