Wallyhorse

In light of the OBJ Trade & Le'Veon Bell signing...........

OBJ Trade & Bell signing and where to put Browns-Jets  

17 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you make Browns-Jets the Week 1 Sunday Night Game, have the Patriots open on the road with the Pats then playing a Week 2 Thursday nighter at home?

    • Yes
      3
    • No
      14
  2. 2. Would you make Browns-Jets the Monday Night opener?

    • Yes
      10
    • No
      7


Recommended Posts

In light of the trade of OBJ to the Browns and Le'Veon Bell signing with the Jets, you have to wonder if the NFL should do this:
 
Since the NFL already has announced that Packers-Bears is going to be the Thursday night opener (while it is to mark the 100th anniversary of the NFL I still think it's really a cop-out because the NFL knows in light of the playoff officiating there are fans of the Chiefs and Saints who would have wounds opened by having the Pats play the opening Thursday game at home), I would do this:
 
Announce that Browns-Jets is the Sunday night opener while having the Patriots open on the road and playing their home opener as a Week 2 Thursday nighter on NBC (instead of NFL Network) that would be treated the same as the season opening game where the Pats raise the banner and so forth, with NFL Network getting the lost game back later in the year, either as say a "Black Friday" game in London or as a week 15 or 16 Friday night game (with the teams playing such game in either case getting their bye week ahead of that game. That would be a way to fully compensate NBC for losing the Week 17 Sunday nighter in 2017.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Black Friday, London game is going to be the new obsession, isn’t it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

A Black Friday, London game is going to be the new obsession, isn’t it?

They won't schedule a game on a work day, unless it's a primetime game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

They won't schedule a game on a work day, unless it's a primetime game.

I agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Packers-Bears on Thursday night official? If so, the Patriots will play on Sunday night Week 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't you post your topic instead of posting a teaser to get the reader to open your thread?  Are you that desperate for attention?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Procus said:

Why don't you post your topic instead of posting a teaser to get the reader to open your thread?  Are you that desperate for attention?

Not enough room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

They won't schedule a game on a work day, unless it's a primetime game.

Except for most people outside of retail, "Black Friday" IS a day off or at most people work at most a half-day and are finished by Noon or 1:00 PM.  Stock market is only a half-day unless it happens to be the last trading day of the month when they by law have to go a full day, and that's really done for overseas traders.  A 2:00 or 2:30 PM start here (7:00 or 7:30 London time) on "Black Friday" would work and London has had over the years many mid-week Premier League games so I think it would work.

And I noted here it would be EITHER that OR a Week 15 or 16 Friday night game to make up to NFL Network losing the Week 2 Thursday nighter to NBC so the Pats can have their big Thursday home opener even if it were the second week of the season (and that in turn would be to fully compensate NBC as noted for losing Week 17 in 2017). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

A Black Friday, London game is going to be the new obsession, isn’t it?

You had to get him started didn't you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bwestbrook36 said:

You had to get him started didn't you? 

Hey, he did that on his own. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

You had to get him started didn't you? 

😂🤣

Actually, one other option would be Thanksgiving EVE with the teams playing that game getting their bye ahead of that game and that being the FOX/NFL Network game that week.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

😂🤣

Actually, one other option would be Thanksgiving EVE with the teams playing that game getting their bye ahead of that game and that being the FOX/NFL Network game that week.  

The people that aren't working are busy both those days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Except for most people outside of retail, "Black Friday" IS a day off ...

It was never a day off for me, outside of retail. It isn't a day off for any of my brothers, and they're outside of retail. It isn't a day off for multiple friends, and they're all outside of retail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It was never a day off for me, outside of retail. It isn't a day off for any of my brothers, and they're outside of retail. It isn't a day off for multiple friends, and they're all outside of retail.

I don't know anyone that is off except for a few females cause they request off to go shopping. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I don't know anyone that is off except for a few females cause they request off to go shopping. 

I can't think of anyone that I know that has the day off, unless they've put in for vacation for that weekend. "Black Friday" isn't a holiday. It's just a day following a holiday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I can't think of anyone that I know that has the day off, unless they've put in for vacation for that weekend. "Black Friday" isn't a holiday. It's just a day following a holiday.

It’s a normal day off for me because our regular work week is 4 10 hour days. My previous job I had to work Black Friday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It’s a normal day off for me because our regular work week is 4 10 hour days. My previous job I had to work Black Friday. 

I get mail on Black Friday. So there's A LOT of people working that the NFL wouldn't want excluded from the viewer pool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For my entire adult life, Black Friday is a business day. Not a holiday. Not a half-day. It is a full work day unless you take an extended vacation following Thanksgiving. There are many businesses open beyond retail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, toolg said:

For my entire adult life, Black Friday is a business day. Not a holiday. Not a half-day. It is a full work day unless you take an extended vacation following Thanksgiving. There are many businesses open beyond retail.

For most I've known, and especially growing up in New York, Black Friday always was either a holiday or if they had to work it was a half-day and they were usually finished by 1:00 PM.  Only those who worked in retail had to work a full day, the lone exception being the one time every few years where "Black Friday" happened to also be the last business day of the month when the stock markets by law have to be opened the full day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why people get annoyed with your passion. There are many things that are routinely posted here that are less interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, IFB DOG said:

I don't know why people get annoyed with your passion. There are many things that are routinely posted here that are less interesting.

Who said that anyone was annoyed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about playing the game on December 31 at 9:00 PM, so that the game can end at midnight to ring in the new year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now