Sign in to follow this  
EagleJoe8

Ryan Tannehill traded to Tennessee.

58 minutes ago, POPpinFRESH said:

Good insurance for when Mariota inevitably misses a few games. 

I'm not too sure that the Titans aren't ready to give up on him. Maybe not right away, but at some point.

14 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm not too sure that the Titans aren't ready to give up on him. Maybe not right away, but at some point.

I would think soon. Mariota is terrible

2 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I would think soon. Mariota is terrible

I was just looking at their stats, they're both basically carbon copies of each other. Tannehill has a higher YPG. though.

Mariota:
27-28-0 .491 1015/1605 63.2% 12,004 YDS 69 TDs 4.3% 42 INTs 2.6% 214.4 YPG 89.4 Passer Rating

Tannehill:
42-46-0 .477 1829/2911 62.8% 20,434 YDS 123 TDs 4.2% 75 INTs 2.6% 232.2 YPG 87.0 Passer Rating

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was just looking at their stats, they're both basically carbon copies of each other. Tannehill has a higher YPG. though.

Mariota:
27-28-0 .491 1015/1605 63.2% 12,004 YDS 69 TDs 4.3% 42 INTs 2.6% 214.4 YPG 89.4 Passer Rating

Tannehill:
42-46-0 .477 1829/2911 62.8% 20,434 YDS 123 TDs 4.2% 75 INTs 2.6% 232.2 YPG 87.0 Passer Rating

And they both get hurt as much lol

1 minute ago, bwestbrook36 said:

And they both get hurt as much lol

Don't you just wish that Chip had been successful in trading for that pick in 2015? :rolleyes:

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Don't you just wish that Chip had been successful in trading for that pick in 2015? :rolleyes:

Ugh I could only imagine. Chip got his QBs killed. Mariota would literally be dead

On 3/15/2019 at 4:42 PM, POPpinFRESH said:

Good insurance for when Mariota inevitably misses a few games. 

Only for Tanne to eventually miss games as well when he gets his time to fill in. Hope they have a decent 3rd stringer.

On 3/15/2019 at 9:41 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Agreed. Don't get me wrong it isn't a huge trade price but its big enough to make me think he's in there to compete with Mariota and has a chance to win! 

16 hours ago, Hey Suess said:

Phins get Fitzpatrick.

Damn it.  I didn't get my superbowl bet in @ AC in time.  :furious:

6 hours ago, paco said:

Damn it.  I didn't get my superbowl bet in @ AC in time.  :furious:

Most reports have the Fins tanking in hopes they land Tagovailoa or Herbert next year. Some go as far as the team pulling Fitz if they wind up winning TOO much.

On 3/17/2019 at 5:29 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I wonder what Titans fans are thinking on Mariota's future.

I'll go and read on this Titans board later, out of curiosity...

https://www.titansreport.com/topic/35537-titans-trade-for-tannehill-release-gabbert/

The local talk radio hosts here and the fans that call in like Mariota, they keep making excuses that he needs more talent, better coaches, etc.  Finally this offseason the afternoon drive time host started asking is it time to move on from Mariota.  They compared to other teams that have had more success with their young QBs and pointed to the Rams, Chiefs and Eagles as examples.  Wentz far outplays Mariota they said and Mariota is never going to be great.  He's right of course, but I think the Titans don't make a change yet.

46 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The local talk radio hosts here and the fans that call in like Mariota, they keep making excuses that he needs more talent, better coaches, etc. 

Kind of reminds me of McNabb, with respect to fans making those excuses for him. McNabb, in my opinion, was a better QB than Mariota though.

Last offseason, I heard several Titans fans call in to SiriusXM NFL, and at that time those fans were ready to move on.