Sign in to follow this  
skippyx

The Hypocrisy of Kaepernick in 4 Stories

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Not sure if the story is true or not but you’ll get the point.

An economics professor at a local college made a statement that he had never failed a single student before, but had recently failed an entire class. That class had insisted that Obama’s socialism worked and that no one would be poor and no one would be rich; a great equalizer.

The professor then said, "OK, we will have an experiment in this class on Obama’s plan”. All grades will be averaged and everyone will receive the same grade so no one will fail and no one will receive an A (substituting grades for dollars – something closer to home and more readily understood by all).

After the first test, the grades were averaged and everyone got a B. The students who studied hard were upset and the students who studied little were happy.

As the second test rolled around, the students who studied little had studied even less and the ones who studied hard decided they wanted a free ride too so they studied little.

The second test average was a D! No one was happy.

When the third test rolled around, the average was an F.

As the tests proceeded, the scores never increased as bickering, blame and name-calling all resulted in hard feelings and no one would study for the benefit of anyone else.

To their great surprise, all failed and the professor told them that socialism would also ultimately fail because when the reward is great, the effort to succeed is great, but when government takes all the reward away, no one will try or want to succeed.

It could not be any simpler than that.

One would think that an economics professor would know the difference between socialism and communism, which makes me think that this entire story is a bunch of internet garbage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Not sure if the story is true or not but you’ll get the point.

An economics professor at a local college made a statement that he had never failed a single student before, but had recently failed an entire class. That class had insisted that Obama’s socialism worked and that no one would be poor and no one would be rich; a great equalizer.

The professor then said, "OK, we will have an experiment in this class on Obama’s plan”. All grades will be averaged and everyone will receive the same grade so no one will fail and no one will receive an A (substituting grades for dollars – something closer to home and more readily understood by all).

After the first test, the grades were averaged and everyone got a B. The students who studied hard were upset and the students who studied little were happy.

As the second test rolled around, the students who studied little had studied even less and the ones who studied hard decided they wanted a free ride too so they studied little.

The second test average was a D! No one was happy.

When the third test rolled around, the average was an F.

As the tests proceeded, the scores never increased as bickering, blame and name-calling all resulted in hard feelings and no one would study for the benefit of anyone else.

To their great surprise, all failed and the professor told them that socialism would also ultimately fail because when the reward is great, the effort to succeed is great, but when government takes all the reward away, no one will try or want to succeed.

It could not be any simpler than that.

You realize countries like sweden and norway countries that are traditionally thought of as socialist countries also have free markets as well.

Where as a country like the US traditionally thought of as a capitalist country also has social programms, military, law enforcement, public water, fire department, government, k-12 education...

Its not about being socialist or capitalist its about dustributing the wealth in a responsible way that benefits all of society instead of the top 10%

Currently in the US the wealth of the nation is pooled at the top 10% and your solution is to decry socialism???

Dont like socialism dont use the roads dig your own well home school dont call the fire department when your house is on fire and demand that no more of your taxes go to corporate subsidies and funding the military.😒

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Utebird said:

You realize countries like sweden and norway countries that are traditionally thought of as socialist countries also have free markets as well.

Where as a country like the US traditionally thought of as a capitalist country also has social programms, military, law enforcement, public water, fire department, government, k-12 education...

Its not about being socialist or capitalist its about dustributing the wealth in a responsible way that benefits all of society instead of the top 10%

Currently in the US the wealth of the nation is pooled at the top 10% and your solution is to decry socialism???

Dont like socialism dont use the roads dig your own well home school dont call the fire department when your house is on fire and demand that no more of your taxes go to corporate subsidies and funding the military.😒

I don’t believe in wealth distribution. In what world is it fair that the government takes my money and gives it to someone else because they have less than me. 

And no, fire departments are not socialism- terrible example. A fire dept is there to protect American people and their property, just like the police, military, judicial system. 

I have no problem paying taxes to run the government but wealth distribution is just wrong. What’s next, wealthy Eagle fans pay $1000 a ticket so the poor ones can buy a ticket for $10. That’s wealth distribution. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

I don’t believe in wealth distribution. In what world is it fair that the government takes my money and gives it to someone else because they have less than me. 

And no, fire departments are not socialism- terrible example. A fire dept is there to protect American people and their property, just like the police, military, judicial system. 

I have no problem paying taxes to run the government but wealth distribution is just wrong. What’s next, wealthy Eagle fans pay $1000 a ticket so the poor ones can buy a ticket for $10. That’s wealth distribution. 

 

I think you are confused about socialism and wealth distribution.

Both already occur in the US. 

The government already takes your money and redistributes it  to the military corporate subsidies... Fire department is a social program. Your taxes pay for a fire department thats a social program.

If you cant grasp the basic tennants of what socialism is than this conversation is pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Utebird said:

I think you are confused about socialism and wealth distribution.

Both already occur in the US. 

The government already takes your money and redistributes it  to the military corporate subsidies... Fire department is a social program. Your taxes pay for a fire department thats a social program.

If you cant grasp the basic tennants of what socialism is than this conversation is pointless.

It doesn’t sound like you know the difference.

There’s clearly a difference between a social program and socialism. Just because the government runs something doesn’t make it socialist. That’s the old liberal argument for socialism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Road to Victory said:

It doesn’t sound like you know the difference.

There’s clearly a difference between a social program and socialism. Just because the government runs something doesn’t make it socialist. That’s the old liberal argument for socialism. 

Ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Wouldn't people on welfare be wealth distribution? 

Sure except that we pay more in taxes yearly on corporate subsidies about 4000$ and about 35$ a year for welfare programs 

The largest employer in America is walmart they also employ the most employees on welfare even though their employees are working they dont earn a livable wage so apply for welfare which we the tax payer pay for.

Instead of being angry at the Corporation not providing a livable wage were told to blame the working poor as lazy free loaders when in reality the free loaders are the corporations.

Redistribution of wealth would mean giving employees a livable wage putting more money in the pockets of the working class and having employers pay their fair share.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Sure except that we pay more in taxes yearly on corporate subsidies about 4000$ and about 35$ a year for welfare programs 

The largest employer in America is walmart they also employ the most employees on welfare even though their employees are working they dont earn a livable wage so apply for welfare which we the tax payer pay for.

Instead of being angry at the Corporation not providing a livable wage were told to blame the working poor as lazy free loaders when in reality the free loaders are the corporations.

Redistribution of wealth would mean giving employees a livable wage putting more money in the pockets of the working class and having employers pay their fair share.

Thank you for the information. I was asking cause I was genuinely interested 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2019 at 3:15 PM, 1wrangler said:

Kaepernick is a hypocrite plain and simple. He was kneeling for human rights and dignity yet he signed a contract with NIKE. NIKE's international workforce is made up of 80 percent women. NIKE pays these women an average wage of 150.00 a month. They just opened a plant in Vietnam and pay the women they hired 34.00 dollars a week for an 80 hour work week and then sell the sneakers they make for 140.00 a pair. I own nothing made from NIKE and haven't for a very long time.  I guess Kaepernick is only worried about certain peoples human rights.

Then there's this . . . for those keeping score:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nike-ditches-shoe-with-betsy-ross-flag-after-input-from-colin-kaepernick/ar-AADJ5tV?ocid=spartanntp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

It's been said that Nike has single-handedly lowered the human rights standards for the sole purpose of maximizing profits. And Nike products have become synonymous with slave wages, forced overtime, and arbitrary abuse. One columnist said, "Nike represents not only everything that's wrong with sports but everything that's wrong with the world. This is the company Kaepernick signed with to further his human rights cause. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was actually thinking of buying a new Jersey for this season. Maybe a Kelce, a Peters or a Johnson. Not now. Nothing Nike will be purchased in my home after this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was actually thinking of buying a new Jersey for this season. Maybe a Kelce, a Peters or a Johnson. Not now. Nothing Nike will be purchased in my home after this.

I am glad I boycotted boycotting. I just buy the crap I want to and pay zero attention to any of this stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boogyman said:

I am glad I boycotted boycotting. I just buy the crap I want to and pay zero attention to any of this stuff.

Sometimes, when someone (or some entity) offends you in an extreme way, you have to make a stand for your own principals, otherwise you have no principals worth standing for and may as well have no principals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Sometimes, when someone (or some entity) offends you in an extreme way, you have to make a stand for your own principals, otherwise you have no principals worth standing for and may as well have no principals.

Lucky for me I am rarely offended. Especially by other peoples opinions or points of view. Even if I disagree I just let them be them and I do my my own thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boogyman said:

Lucky for me I am rarely offended. Especially by other people opinions or points of view. Even if I disagree I just let them be them and I do my my own thing.

This isn't about 'opinions' or 'points of view' though.

You may or may not like country music, and this particular song has a good bit of that country 'twang' to it, but the message is appropriate to what my point is.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

This isn't about 'opinions' or 'points of view' though.

You may or may not like country music, and this particular song has a good bit of that country 'twang' to it, but the message is appropriate to what my point is.

 

 

Didnt listen sorry.

Bottom line, if I want a Jersey, Nike makes the jerseys and I dont like anything about a Nike spokesman, I will still buy a jersey. My purchases are governed by 2 things, cost and need/desire and how they relate to each other. "Principles" do not enter the equation for purchases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, here's what I think about it. NSFW! Sorry about the questionable language.

Quote

All he did was use his celebrity status to shine light on an injustice in our world, all while doing it in a peaceful and nonviolent way, and I've chosen to take that message and completely misinterpret it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he still trying to get onto a team or is he a full-time 'advocate' now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mike030270 said:

Is he still trying to get onto a team or is he a full-time 'anti-white mongoloid' now?

Remember that time he was adopted by a white couple, moved to California where he lived a luscious, spoiled life, and was sent to one of the top 10 high schools in the ENTIRE COUNTRY?

("Pitman was awarded the California Distinguished School award in 2007, one of only two high schools in the county to receive the award for that year.")

 

F whypeepoh! F the police!

 

This guy is an ungrateful dope. How come you never see these guys standing up against ACTIVE slavery? You know, actual slavery in Africa and Asia, child trafficking, sex trafficking...

Because they want to be victims. They want to receive reparations for things they never actually experienced. 

 

Why doesn't he rally against black men leaving their children? You know, something he ACTUALLY endured? Albeit too young to know him then, if he hated the "white lifestyle" he grew up in, why doesn't he call out his father who abandoned him?

Is that not a greater injustice than honoring our country's independence????? Without it, he never would have seen the end of slavery! It took a Revolutionary War, a Civil War, and a Civil Rights War (it was more than a Movement) in order for him to even have the freedoms he has today. So yeah, have some honor for the people who died to give this country its independence. 

 

Not all blacks were slaves. Not all blacks trace their lineage to slavery in America. So why he makes this a color thing baffles the hell out of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 6:45 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I was actually thinking of buying a new Jersey for this season. Maybe a Kelce, a Peters or a Johnson. Not now. Nothing Nike will be purchased in my home after this.

The last Eagles Jersey I purchased was a Jon Runyan jersey. I refuse to buy NIKE products. The only way people (owners) get the picture is to hit them in the wallet. I won't contribute to their greed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are all suckers.

The people that are not going to buy Nike products, are people that usually do not buy Nike products anyway. This was a ploy that puts Kaepernick back into the news and helps Nike out in the long run.

They already created the shoe and it was on the shelves. They are recalling them back. How much do you think this shoe is going to worth to a sneakerhead?

In 3 months when football is back in the swing of things, nobody will care anymore and will be championing the next thing that offends them. It will not effect their jersey sales one iota.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2019 at 1:05 PM, Utebird said:

Sure except that we pay more in taxes yearly on corporate subsidies about 4000$ and about 35$ a year for welfare programs 

The largest employer in America is walmart they also employ the most employees on welfare even though their employees are working they dont earn a livable wage so apply for welfare which we the tax payer pay for.

Instead of being angry at the Corporation not providing a livable wage were told to blame the working poor as lazy free loaders when in reality the free loaders are the corporations.

Redistribution of wealth would mean giving employees a livable wage putting more money in the pockets of the working class and having employers pay their fair share.

Good information here. This is why higher taxes for the rich isn't the way to go. The way to handle this is to enforce a cap on execs and ensure that the wealth and value of the company is distributed in a balanced way throughout. The very rich have an abundance of ways to accumulate wealth. Those that are much less fortunate don't exactly have the same resources to tap into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 7:11 PM, boogyman said:

I am glad I boycotted boycotting. I just buy the crap I want to and pay zero attention to any of this stuff.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this