Sign in to follow this  
skippyx

The Hypocrisy of Kaepernick in 4 Stories

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, McNabbIsGone said:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke.

I prefer:

 

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

I complete disagree with almost everything Kap has said or done. That doesnt make him evil in my eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boogyman said:

I prefer:  "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

I complete disagree with almost everything Kap has said or done. That doesnt make him evil in my eyes.

Kap  is a useful idiot but he isn't the issue here. 

The issue is: rewarding NIKE for capitalizing on the slave-wages they pay to those less privileged.

You said: " I am glad I boycotted boycotting. I just buy the crap I want to and pay zero attention to any of this stuff. "

Since you deliberately don't pay attention to such things  you  are the perfect example of the definition of a "cynic"

                       as described in my avatar intro:

        "A cynic knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing."  Oscar Wilde 

       "As with so much of what Wilde wrote or said, it's more than just a nice turn of phrase –

                       it hits at the heart of the problems of society. " Paul Bernal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Kap  is a useful idiot but he isn't the issue here. 

The issue is: rewarding NIKE for capitalizing on the slave-wages they pay to those less privileged.

You said: " I am glad I boycotted boycotting. I just buy the crap I want to and pay zero attention to any of this stuff. "

Since you deliberately don't pay attention to such things  you  are the perfect example of the definition of a "cynic"

                       as described in my avatar intro:

        "A cynic knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing."  Oscar Wilde 

       "As with so much of what Wilde wrote or said, it's more than just a nice turn of phrase –

                       it hits at the heart of the problems of society. " Paul Bernal

Didnt read.  But I got my jersey dont I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Kap  is a useful idiot but he isn't the issue here. 

The issue is: rewarding NIKE for capitalizing on the slave-wages they pay to those less privileged.

You said: " I am glad I boycotted boycotting. I just buy the crap I want to and pay zero attention to any of this stuff. "

Since you deliberately don't pay attention to such things  you  are the perfect example of the definition of a "cynic"

                       as described in my avatar intro:

        "A cynic knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing."  Oscar Wilde 

       "As with so much of what Wilde wrote or said, it's more than just a nice turn of phrase –

                       it hits at the heart of the problems of society. " Paul Bernal

Also...and it's just curiosity...but do you research every item you buy or is it just Nike? What was the wage of the people who picked the oranges for your juice, for instance? On and on, etc. Or just Nike?

 

BTW I rarely but Nikes, I have weird feet and most fit me poorly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2019 at 1:08 PM, EaglesRocker97 said:

The wrong people often try to send the right message in the wrong way.

I support Kaepernick's cause, but I also think he's an idiot.

That is as perfectly as it can be put into words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2019 at 9:18 AM, dawkins4prez said:

That is as perfectly as it can be put into words.

Which cause? The "white cops killing blacks for no reason” cause or the "racist betsy ross flag” cause.  Just for clarification. Thnx 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They needed something to keep Kap in the news.  Now that he sold out and was paid to just go away, he needed to start a new War on America.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bwestbrook36 said:

For what?

kaepernick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NCTANK said:

kaepernick

Well yes but, again for what? I thought everyone was over that crap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bwestbrook36 said:

Well yes but, again for what? I thought everyone was over that crap

gonna take that as a no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NCTANK said:

That mentions Panthers but they are doing ok with their backup. Aren't Steelers happy with theirs too?

He turned down a bunch of backup positions because he wanted to be a starter. Does he still only want that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

That mentions Panthers but they are doing ok with their backup. Aren't Steelers happy with theirs too?

He turned down a bunch of backup positions because he wanted to be a starter. Does he still only want that?

who knows man. Tepper, with the Panthers, brought in his buddy Eric Reid. but personally i wouldn’t touch him with a ten foot pole, starter or backup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish the Giants would bring him in and let him start behind our O-line. that would be the end of his stupid BS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the guy never took a knee, he would have faded into oblivion as a guy just bouncing around the league for backup/3rd string duties.

Even his most loyal followers deep down, know that's the truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to see him get signed, then that team's offensive line refusing to block for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kaepernick only resonates with the hate law enforcement crowd. I don't think the Pro football crowd ever particularly cared for him. I don't believe for a minute he knelt during the national anthem to bring attention to any cause other than the attention he can bring to himself, and disgrace he can bring to his club for benching him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Excel said:

Kaepernick only resonates with the hate law enforcement crowd. I don't think the Pro football crowd ever particularly cared for him. I don't believe for a minute he knelt during the national anthem to bring attention to any cause other than the attention he can bring to himself, and disgrace he can bring to his club for benching him.

It's not a coincidence that the bulk of his loudest supporters dont watch football and instead just reference a super bowl appearance in 2012 and a 2016 stat line that only looks decent at face value.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The special treatment is absolute garbage.  Why isn't he being treated like every other free agent?  Why hasn't he scheduled any private workouts like a normal free agent might do?  Id be willing to bet money that no team will sign him after this charade by the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this