Sign in to follow this  
Coach5

Final Free Agency Picks

Eric Berry : will elevate the Eagles's Secondary to the best in the entire NFC, Grade A+

Jordy Nelson: will elevate the Eagles WRs to the best in the NFC East, Grade A

Clay Mathews: will be a great assistance to Nigel. etc., and elevate the Eagles LBs to above average or 16th place in the entire NFC, Grade B

Blount, will open up the Eagles red zone RB attack. At this point, the Eagles RB core is just slightly above last in the NFC, or the East.  Grade B, This will raise the RBs from Grade D to C+

Jernigan, re-sign,  is still a solid rotational DE Tackle, should add to bringing the Eagle DE line up to the top 3 lines in the NFC, Grade B

6 hours ago, Coach5 said:

Eric Berry : will elevate the Eagles's Secondary to the best in the entire NFC, Grade A+

Clay Mathews: will be a great assistance to Nigel. etc., and elevate the Eagles LBs to above average or 16th place in the entire NFC, Grade B

Blount, will open up the Eagles red zone RB attack. At this point, the Eagles RB core is just slightly above last in the NFC, or the East.  Grade B, This will raise the RBs from Grade D to C+

Jernigan, re-sign,  is still a solid rotational DE Tackle, should add to bringing the Eagle DE line up to the top 3 lines in the NFC, Grade B

Bringing Vinny Curry back as a rotational DE wouldn't be a bad idea.

Don't agree. Adding a bunch of names. Have a lot of age in there as well. I think now is the time that the best value is there in free agency, but I don't necessarily want players who are on the decline. I haven't studied all of these players, but I've read up on all of them. You're falling in love with names. 

On 3/17/2019 at 11:52 AM, Coach5 said:

Eric Berry : will elevate the Eagles's Secondary to the best in the entire NFC, Grade A+ OLD

Jordy Nelson: will elevate the Eagles WRs to the best in the NFC East, Grade A OLD

Clay Mathews: will be a great assistance to Nigel. etc., and elevate the Eagles LBs to above average or 16th place in the entire NFC, Grade B OLD

Blount, will open up the Eagles red zone RB attack. At this point, the Eagles RB core is just slightly above last in the NFC, or the East.  Grade B, This will raise the RBs from Grade D to C+ OLD

Jernigan, re-sign,  is still a solid rotational DE Tackle, should add to bringing the Eagle DE line up to the top 3 lines in the NFC, Grade B MALIK IS BETTER, DRAFT ONE

I can see the response, but Eric Berry has 5 Pro Bowls with his last one in 2016 and he is 30.  Swartz is also a great secondary coach and did very well Graham from the Ravens.  Not to bad here. Dallas may pick him up. 

Jordy Nelson may get picked up the Patriots or the Chiefs.  I believe he still adds value.

Blount did help the Eagles win the the SB, in the Red Zone and he had one of the longest backfield (80+ yards) in Eagles history in 2017.  At this point, with Clement coming off of serious injury, and Jay possibly leaving and injury, the Eagles seriously lack in the Red Zone.  Josh has a long way to go in the Red Zone.  He is at this point more of an outside runner, not down the middle in the Red Zone as compared to Blount. 

I would not write off these players so fast if you can pick them up on one + year contracts. 

I'm not writing them off. I'm just saying I see a few pieces to add still in free agency, likely on short-term deals (a la Sendejo) and then turn attention to the NFL Draft and nail it in a big way. Eagles have to be great in these next two drafts.

On 3/17/2019 at 8:52 AM, Coach5 said:

The Eagles will not sign one of those players.

9 hours ago, DaveSpadaro said:

I'm not writing them off. I'm just saying I see a few pieces to add still in free agency, likely on short-term deals (a la Sendejo) and then turn attention to the NFL Draft and nail it in a big way. Eagles have to be great in these next two drafts.

Not to mention signing a bunch of older free agents that may or may not have anything left in the tank negates the comp picks in the draft.  And this draft is loaded on the defensive side of the ball up and down the board.