Sign in to follow this  
nveagle5

Road trips 2019

Which away game are you planning on attending?

Dolphins and Falcons for me, depending on the dates.

Dolphins if its either....

A. Night game

or 

B. In December

For me it depends on what Eagles games aren't on TV in DC.  I could see games like Buffalo, Miami, and/or Atlanta being possibilities.  If the Dallas game is the same weekend as the Temple/SMU game in Dallas, that game becomes a strong possibility because of the two games on one trip opportunity, even if that game is on TV in DC (which I expect it will be).

I'll attend the Redskins game at FedEx Field - a "home" game for me - barring it being a night game (unless it is the 7 PM ESPN MNF game in Week 1 like it was in 2013), and the Giants game at the Meadowlands is possibility as well (I attended the Eagles/Giants games there in 2014, 2015, and 2017 and Eagles/Jets game at that site in 2015).

Now that the schedule has been released, I'd say my road game odds are as follows:

Week 2: at Atlanta - no

Week 4: at Green Bay - no

Week 6: at Minnesota - likely (game won't be televised in DC, plus it will probably be a four day weekend for me)

Week 7: at Dallas - unlikely but possible (if the Vikings game wasn't the week before, the odds would be higher; I still might try to do the Temple/Eagles two day doubleheader)

Week 8: at Buffalo - very unlikely/slim chance

Week 13: at Miami - unlikely (the fact this game falls the weekend after Thanksgiving makes it unlikely I'd attend)

Week 15: at Washington - almost definite (will be a "home" game for me)

Week 17: at N.Y. Giants - possible (will depend on whether the game is at the same time as the Redskins/Cowboys game)

Looking to go to Atlanta and Miami.

Earlier this afternoon I bought my ticket for the Vikings game as part of their pre-sale.  (I was able to get access to the Vikings’ pre-sale through signing up for some special e-mail list.  I even participated in some Vikings trivia contests so I’d look like a legitimate Vikings fan, LOL.)

Interestingly, the Eagles game was tied with their game against the Bears as the second-highest priced game for sale on the Vikings’ website.  Only the Packers game was more expensive.  Their cheapest games were against teams with few fans; the Deadskins were one of the two cheapest games, LOL.  (The Lions were the other cheapest game.)

On 7/17/2019 at 5:18 PM, CHIP72 said:

Earlier this afternoon I bought my ticket for the Vikings game as part of their pre-sale.  (I was able to get access to the Vikings’ pre-sale through signing up for some special e-mail list.  I even participated in some Vikings trivia contests so I’d look like a legitimate Vikings fan, LOL.)

Interestingly, the Eagles game was tied with their game against the Bears as the second-highest priced game for sale on the Vikings’ website.  Only the Packers game was more expensive.  Their cheapest games were against teams with few fans; the Deadskins were one of the two cheapest games, LOL.  (The Lions were the other cheapest game.)

I will be in Minnesota! I live about a hr from the stadium so pumped 

1 hour ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I thought the Vikings messed up with your tickets. You're still going?

Carson’s brother got us 10 through the Eagles 

On 9/2/2019 at 8:45 PM, NoDak Eagle said:

Carson’s brother got us 10 through the Eagles 

Do you need a 10th?

I live just North of Baltimore. I am thinking of going to Birds vs. Deadskins game in December at Fed Ex. Ive been there before but it was 2004. Any tips on getting to Fed Ex, I know it's awful but for Active Duty person trying to afford going to a game its cheap to get tickets down there. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

On 9/28/2019 at 11:54 AM, DAMCONTRLMN said:

I live just North of Baltimore. I am thinking of going to Birds vs. Deadskins game in December at Fed Ex. Ive been there before but it was 2004. Any tips on getting to Fed Ex, I know it's awful but for Active Duty person trying to afford going to a game its cheap to get tickets down there. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Are you willing to walk?  If so, my recommendation is you drive to Silver Spring, Greenbelt, or probably best yet New Carrollton and take the DC Metrorail to Morgan Boulevard station on the Blue Line.  It is a little less than a mile walk from the station to FedEx Field; many fans (both Redskins and Eagles, including me) get to the stadium that way.  You avoid paying for parking (which I think is on the order of $60) and also avoid the bad traffic.  (If you go to New Carrollton, you might get caught in the traffic on the DC Beltway a little bit, but you'll have a shorter Metrorail ride.  If you go to Greenbelt or Silver Spring, the Metrorail ride is longer but you won't have to deal with traffic on the DC Beltway fairly close to the stadium.)  I'll note that if you have an MTA CharmCard you can use that on the DC Metrorail system; WMATA accepts the CharmCard (and MTA Maryland accepts the SmarTrip Card).

For a 1 PM game at FedEx Field, another option for you would be to use the MARC Penn Line from Baltimore Penn Station (or Halethorpe or possibly Martin Airport) to Washington Union Station and then use the Metrorail Red and Blue Lines from there.  You could even use the Baltimore light rail to get to Penn Station if you want to minimize your driving.

Trip to Minnesota is cancelled due to an early blizzard from hell. 2-3 feet of the heavy wet crap. Interstates closed 

5FA29121-85FA-4A09-92A5-912CCE970730.jpeg

7F9D62E7-B8F9-4709-A659-D6A3177F27E7.png

29 minutes ago, NoDak Eagle said:

Trip to Minnesota is cancelled due to an early blizzard from hell. 2-3 feet of the heavy wet crap. Interstates closed 

5FA29121-85FA-4A09-92A5-912CCE970730.jpeg

7F9D62E7-B8F9-4709-A659-D6A3177F27E7.png

Bro.  Grab the snow blower and get to work.  Support the Birds!

43 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Bro.  Grab the snow blower and get to work.  Support the Birds!

I did 

EF7BC425-C88A-405B-AC78-10809A5F408A.jpeg