Procus

Michael Irvin is “terrified” as he awaits results of throat biopsy

While I never liked him as a player, I am pulling for him to get through this.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/26/michael-irvin-is-terrified-as-he-awaits-results-of-throat-biopsy/

Michael Irvin is "terrified” as he awaits results of throat biopsy

Posted by Charean Williams on March 26, 2019, 9:30 PM EDT
gettyimages-952136230-e1553650244626.jpg
Getty Images

Hall of Fame receiver Michael Irvin revealed on social media he underwent tests on his throat this week at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles. Irvin’s father died of throat cancer when he was 51.

"This [demon] has chased and vexed me deep in my spirit all my life,” Irvin wrote Tuesday of his father’s death. "So saying I am afraid this time is a big big understatement. I AM TERRIFIED!!”

Irvin, 53, lost his voice during the Cowboys’ 13-10 victory over the Saints on Nov. 29. The problem, though, "persisted for almost two months,” the former Cowboys receiver said.

"After visiting some of the best throat doctors, they thought it to be wise to take a deeper look at the situation,” Irvin said.

Irvin requested prayers as he anxiously awaits results of the tests.

"I am asking all who will. Could you please send up a prayer to help my family and I deal with whatever the results may be? Thanks for your thoughts and prayers in advance,” Irvin said.

6 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Just say no to drugs.

1 hour ago, greenskeeper said:

Sooooo much coke

While all of that probably didn’t help, it seems like it runs in the family. Killed his dad at 51.

2 hours ago, Utebird said:

Prayers!

yes indeed 

Hopefully it's not cancer so that we can commence with jokes about what he must have had in his throat to cause issues. 

My favorite Dalllas player of all time....he’s in my prayers

He's actually a decent analyst IMO.

Irvin, Romo, Troy...amazingly, that Cowboys era produced some really good football players and TV sportscasters. 

Hope for him and his family this is just a scare.

On 3/27/2019 at 7:37 AM, Road to Victory said:

Just say no to drugs.

Throat cancer is not typically related to drugs but it is to something else.

13 hours ago, nveagle5 said:

Throat cancer is not typically related to drugs but it is to something else.

Tobacco, heavy drinking, and, ahem, "Colonel Angus": ;)

I didn't like him as a player (obviously, as an Eagles fan), and I don't care for him as a commentator, but I definitely hope this isn't cancerous and if it is then I hope it's not the beginning of the end for him. Prayers, not only for him, but also his family. This kind of news can be hard on family members, just not knowing what the future will bring and the fear of just what it might be.

On 3/27/2019 at 10:59 PM, madriver said:

He's actually a decent analyst IMO.

Irvin, Romo, Troy, Witten...amazingly, that Cowboys era produced some really good football players and TV sportscasters. 

Hope for him and his family this is just a scare.

Yes they did. I liked Moose Johnston to.

Praying for a negative test results for him, and his family. Having been diagnosed with breast cancer, and radiation treatments. I can fully understand his being terrified of that diagnosis. Especially, since it seems to be a family genetic form of the dreaded disease. 

"Lord, father creator of us all. Please releave him and his family's concern by providing a negative test result. In your beloved son's name, I ask for this blessing in prayer" Amen.

Breaking news:  He doesn't have cancer.  

Not so much Breaking News: He sucks deek, which is the likely cause of his sore throat. 

:thumbsup:

F cancer