Sign in to follow this  
LA_Eagle_Fan

Bleacher Report: What happened in Green Bay

Article is too long to quote...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

Read the whole thing when you find time to. Basically, Rodgers held a grudge against McCarthy from the day he was drafted when McCarthy was with the 49ers and picked Alex Smith, making Rodgers wait in the green room for over an hour before the Packers chose him.

What a ****.

Edit: not the OP, Rodgers. 🙂

Edited by madriver

Yep, read the article this AM. I miss good investigative sports reporting like this. A major lost art these days. 

This is National Enquirer bs.  I watch football to see some exciting plays.  I don't care so much what's going on in the locker room - especially with other teams.

2 hours ago, LA_Eagle_Fan said:

Read the whole thing when you find time to. Basically, Rodgers held a grudge against McCarthy from the day he was drafted when McCarthy was with the 49ers and picked Alex Smith, making Rodgers wait in the green room for over an hour before the Packers chose him.

Rodgers is a petty crybaby. 

I never like Rodgers.  Hes a cocky sob when hes winning and just a a whiney little ***** when hes not getting his way.  

2 hours ago, eagle_eye20 said:

I never like Rodgers.  Hes a cocky sob when hes winning and just a a whiney little ***** when hes not getting his way.  

That's what I was saying. He is a phenomenal player but, his attitude and personality is just garbage. Sort of like LeBron

So McCarthy is basically chip who lasted longer because of the poosays in Green Bay and Rodgers is a giant dbag. 

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

So McCarthy is basically chip who lasted longer because of the poosays in Green Bay and Rodgers is a giant dbag. 

I don’t see any similarity to chip and McCarthy.  

But yeah Rodgers must be a pretty giant dbag for that many former teammates to say so many similar negatives about him as a leader/person. 

Like the article said, many of the greats weren’t buddy buddy with their teammates because of their demanding of greatness from everyone but Rodgers took his smug to a whole other level it seems. 

2 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

McCarthy also won a Super Bowl, and made a few NFCCGs afterwards, so that likely bought him more time than he should have had. 

9 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

don’t see any similarity to chip and McCarthy

Did you read the part about McCarthy thinking the offense didn't need better players because it was all about his system? 

11 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Fine comparison. The differences would be that McCarthy had a far better driver and as the article says, when you're winning, all is well on the surface.

Also, the moment things looked even remotely cloudy in Philly, Chip began snapping at the media. He went from the fun, lovable, overweight single guy to the angry punk everyone liked to antagonize overnight.

20 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Fine comparison. The differences would be that McCarthy had a far better driver and as the article says, when you're winning, all is well on the surface.

Also, the moment things looked even remotely cloudy in Philly, Chip began snapping at the media. He went from the fun, lovable, overweight single guy to the angry punk everyone liked to antagonize overnight.

Yea because our media is a bunch of arses who don't put up with BS from coaches who just want to be arrogant dbags

Rodgers has been putting the team on his back for awhile now. Usually the only reason they win games is because of him

5 hours ago, mike030270 said:

Rodgers has been putting the team on his back for awhile now. Usually the only reason they win games is because of him

Yup, And the reason so much of this behind the scenes crap with the President, coach and GM never materialized until Rodgers couldnt do it all himself anymore

10 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Did you read the part about McCarthy thinking the offense didn't need better players because it was all about his system? 

Technically you can say that about alot of coaches. Reid was one of those guys for awhile. 

Just now, bwestbrook36 said:

Technically you can say that about alot of coaches. Reid was one of those guys for awhile. 

Not really. Most coaches try to keep talent and replace lost talent. The article stated that McCarthy didn’t care who he had, Chip deliberately got rid of talent. Reid was always trying to improve the talent we had. 

13 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Not really. Most coaches try to keep talent and replace lost talent. The article stated that McCarthy didn’t care who he had, Chip deliberately got rid of talent. Reid was always trying to improve the talent we had. 

That is true and that is my fault for not reading the article lol. 

On 4/5/2019 at 11:11 AM, LA_Eagle_Fan said:

Too tired to read it now but I'll try to come back to it later.

Just based on what I already know of the situation and the people involved:

this is what happens when a player becomes more important than the game or the team.

And oh-by-the-way: Rodgers' family life has problems as well. 

10 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

Too tired to read it now but I'll try to come back to it later.

Just based on what I already know of the situation and the people involved:

this is what happens when a player becomes more important than the game or the team.

And oh-by-the-way: Rodgers' family life has problems as well. 

I believe this article because we have been seeing the cracks in the Rodgers locker room for a long time now.  Green Bay already went through this with Favre so we know who Rodgers got it from.  Packers organization already caved to Rodgers when they picked the HC.  I honestly don't think Rodgers plays in another SB.

Garbage article. It's predicated that Rogers is spiteful because McCarthy didn't draft him in San Fran. While it is true that he is a petty b**** that holds a life long grudge,  anyone with a memory longer than a goldfish and that was paying attention knows that after the draft it was reported that Nolan made his choice because he felt Smith was the more coachable of the two. And he wasn't wrong