Sign in to follow this  
Havenless

Demarcus Lawrence Signs 21m$ a year, 65m$ Guaranteed

4 minutes ago, Havenless said:

What a waste of money. He’s second tier at best.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26450912/cowboys-lawrence-agree-105m-deal

I slightly disagree somewhat if that makes sense. He is really good. But that is a lot of money.

Dallas caved in after the initial 20 million a year offer. I wonder if that has any effect on the upcoming offers to Zeke, Dak, and Cooper.

I hope they don’t pay Dak 30mil/year.  That just means Wentz would be worth a lot more.

What is with all the talk now that Dallas is a Super Bowl contender? They had him last year and I don't think they were true contenders last year. 

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

I slightly disagree somewhat if that makes sense. He is really good. But that is a lot of money.

Dallas caved in after the initial 20 million a year offer. I wonder if that has any effect on the upcoming offers to Zeke, Dak, and Cooper.

8 million more a year than Brandon Graham. That’s a Jets contract. A Bills contract. A Lions contract. Contenders with tight caps don’t touch that kind of money unless he’s a bona fide hall of famer. Watt. Mack. Cox. Donald.

Without this new deal Cowboys is expected to have $116m in cap space next year,  young team with lots of rookie contracts, I expect them to give Dak the Franchise QB money...

4 hours ago, Havenless said:

What a waste of money. He’s second tier at best.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26450912/cowboys-lawrence-agree-105m-deal

Waste of money? DE is one of the three most important positions in the league and he’s a stud. Plays hard, never misses games, sacks the QB and plays the run well. He deserves that contract. 

3 hours ago, albertateal said:

What is with all the talk now that Dallas is a Super Bowl contender? They had him last year and I don't think they were true contenders last year. 

Do you think the Eagles are contenders? Despite the final scores the Cowboys dominated the Birds both times last year. They have very few holes. 

2 hours ago, pencil face said:

Without this new deal Cowboys is expected to have $116m in cap space next year,  young team with lots of rookie contracts, I expect them to give Dak the Franchise QB money...

That $116 will be cut in half after they pay their 3 offensive starts, but they’re still in good shape. 

$21 mil a year for a non-DPOY contender is ridiculous, way to go Dallas.

Now please pay Dak 30m+, and Cooper 18m+.

Dallas backs were against the wall. DE is a premium position and while Lawrence isn't top-tier, he had all the leverage.

10 hours ago, Havenless said:

8 million more a year than Brandon Graham. That’s a Jets contract. A Bills contract. A Lions contract. Contenders with tight caps don’t touch that kind of money unless he’s a bona fide hall of famer. Watt. Mack. Cox. Donald.

Oh I do agree they overpaid by a large margin

6 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Do you think the Eagles are contenders? Despite the final scores the Cowboys dominated the Birds both times last year. They have very few holes. 

Eagles got better on paper and I think the Cowboys got worse(D line). On paper is all we can go by in April. Assuming health, yes we are serious contenders and better than Dallas.

Health is key for us this year after being decimated last season. That is the part I am least confident about, we rely heavily on players that have proved to be injury prone or are on the older side.

6 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Waste of money? DE is one of the three most important positions in the league and he’s a stud. Plays hard, never misses games, sacks the QB and plays the run well. He deserves that contract. 

I never said he eagles were contenders last year. With all the injuries by the end of the season they weren't. 

And few holes? Haha ok. 

Just now, mike030270 said:

Don't they still need to pay Zeke, Dak and Cooper?

Yup. 

The Dallas Cowboys overpaying for anyone, no matter how talented, is ultimately...

Image result for good gif

16 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

The Dallas Cowboys overpaying for anyone, no matter how talented, is ultimately...

Image result for good gif

Hopefully Dak is soon to follow.

4 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Hopefully Dak is soon to follow.

And Zeke holds out because he wants QB money

Just now, mike030270 said:

And Zeke holds out because he wants QB money

That'd be great too.

3 hours ago, albertateal said:

I never said he eagles were contenders last year. With all the injuries by the end of the season they weren't. 

And few holes? Haha ok. 

I’m not sure if you’re new to this board, but crying about injuries is not allowed. In fact, Eagles fans are never allowed to cry about injuries because without the Wentz injury you guys are still searching for a SB title. 

Tell me where they have glaring holes? They could prob use more depth on the DL. Maybe another CB and WR. They’ll be competing for the division.