Sign in to follow this  
Havenless

Demarcus Lawrence Signs 21m$ a year, 65m$ Guaranteed

3 hours ago, Havenless said:

As is Dak to an extent. What happens when you take him out of Garret’t’s offense? The Foles question

I'd argue he would be better out of Garret's offense. Dak without Zeke though is a train reck

On 4/6/2019 at 10:11 AM, madriver said:

True. The difference between the top two NFCE teams and the bottom two this season may be staggering. 

Barring disaster I see the Eagles getting the division title over the Pukes. 

But c'mon, no Beasley and an old Witten back in? Amari, yes, Zeke yes, Dak, meh. I agree with @albertateal, on paper as of now, we are slightly better.

You added an old injury prone receiver to pair with your injury prone QB who hasn't played a full season in 2 years.  Jordan Howard is not much of an upgrade over what you had at RB.  He was the 2nd best back in Chicago and Cohen took most of his playing time.  We beat you twice last year with what is going to end up being a slightly weaker team than we will field this year.  You should probably get different paper.

6 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

You added an old injury prone receiver to pair with your injury prone QB who hasn't played a full season in 2 years.  Jordan Howard is not much of an upgrade over what you had at RB.  He was the 2nd best back in Chicago and Cohen took most of his playing time.  We beat you twice last year with what is going to end up being a slightly weaker team than we will field this year.  You should probably get different paper.

So even the Cowboy fans smoke too much dope. It's not just the players.

8 minutes ago, boogyman said:

So even the Cowboy fans smoke too much dope. It's not just the players.

We will see. Come back here around week 9 or 10 when whoever your backup QB is at the time will be taking the field.  I like Wentz. I think he is the real deal, but he can't stay healthy.  He was injured in College and has been injured in 2 of his 3 years in the NFL.  When the best player on your team struggles to stay active your whole team is going to struggle.

17 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

Receiving wise yes Howard was the 2nd best back. As a pure runner though he has the 3rd most yards in the league after 3 years. Did you see our backs last year? Lol they were practice squad guys toting the rock. Howard is a huge upgrade. He's not Zeke that's for sure but, to say we didn't upgrade or he isn't an upgrade is ridiculous. 

11 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Receiving wise yes Howard was the 2nd best back. As a pure runner though he has the 3rd most yards in the league after 3 years. Did you see our backs last year? Lol they were practice squad guys toting the rock. Howard is a huge upgrade. He's not Zeke that's for sure but, to say we didn't upgrade or he isn't an upgrade is ridiculous. 

I said he wasn't much of an upgrade 😁, but I do get what you are saying. You also have a coach who is not committed to running the ball.  The times your "practice squad running backs" got something going Doug went away from it.  I am not disputing the fact that the division will come down to Dallas and Philly, but I will dispute the fact that Philly is the better team. I'm sorry I just don't see it.  I guess we will see in about 7 months.

1 hour ago, Hefty Smurf said:

Ok just stop. You're embarrassing yourself here.

No question the Pukes are an improved team from the long seasons---nearly a decade---of humiliation and abject failure, but they haven't proven much.

Yeah you swept us but how far did we make it into the playoffs? Oh yeah, same bracket as your team and with a LOT fewer of our key starters. What, you think our coaches haven't studied those 2018 Cowboys games on film yet?

Face it: If you're counting on the same calculus in 2019, you're living in the same dream world you've been living since the 90s with the same sad, depressing dreams of past glories. 

2 hours ago, Hefty Smurf said:

I said he wasn't much of an upgrade 😁, but I do get what you are saying. You also have a coach who is not committed to running the ball.  The times your "practice squad running backs" got something going Doug went away from it.  I am not disputing the fact that the division will come down to Dallas and Philly, but I will dispute the fact that Philly is the better team. I'm sorry I just don't see it.  I guess we will see in about 7 months.

Doug is committed to running the ball when he has the backs to get the job done. They run a ton in 2017. It was a big part of their winning. I think it will come down to coaching and health. When it comes to head coaches it's not even close. 

9 hours ago, madriver said:

Ok just stop. You're embarrassing yourself here.

No question the Pukes are an improved team from the long seasons---nearly a decade---of humiliation and abject failure, but they haven't proven much.

Yeah you swept us but how far did we make it into the playoffs? Oh yeah, same bracket as your team and with a LOT fewer of our key starters. What, you think our coaches haven't studied those 2018 Cowboys games on film yet?

Face it: If you're counting on the same calculus in 2019, you're living in the same dream world you've been living since the 90s with the same sad, depressing dreams of past glories. 

That was a nice rant, but you still have not shown on paper how you are better than Dallas.  Beating you twice last year had very little to do with the post.

1 hour ago, Hefty Smurf said:

That was a nice rant, but you still have not shown on paper how you are better than Dallas.  Beating you twice last year had very little to do with the post.

Had no deep threat last season. We do now. Howard is better than any running back we had last year. The D tackle spot next to Cox is much improved as well. I will assume we will not get hit as hard at corner as far as injuries go. So that's 3, probably 4 spots we are better.

If Wentz is healthy we are better at QB too. That is a big if I fully admit. But risk vs reward it is a chance worth taking.

30 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Had no deep threat last season. We do now. Howard is better than any running back we had last year. The D tackle spot next to Cox is much improved as well. I will assume we will not get hit as hard at corner as far as injuries go. So that's 3, probably 4 spots we are better.

If Wentz is healthy we are better at QB too. That is a big if I fully admit. But risk vs reward it is a chance worth taking.

This is what i was looking for.  Stated reason why you think Philly is better.  This was well thought out.  I agree with some of this.  Your D Line is  improved and better than what we have.  I think you guys will generate more pressure on the QB.  We have a better LB core.  I think the secondary is a wash.  I don't think either team has an advantage there.  They are both suspect.  Offense wise I think Dallas is a little better.  I think we run the ball better and have a slightly better O Line.  IF Fredrick is back this year (and he should be) that will be an upgrade at center and Looney was not bad last year.  Wentz is better than Dak no question if he can stay healthy.  Honestly these 2 teams are just about even.

31 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

This is what i was looking for.  Stated reason why you think Philly is better.  This was well thought out.  I agree with some of this.  Your D Line is  improved and better than what we have.  I think you guys will generate more pressure on the QB.  We have a better LB core.  I think the secondary is a wash.  I don't think either team has an advantage there.  They are both suspect.  Offense wise I think Dallas is a little better.  I think we run the ball better and have a slightly better O Line.  IF Fredrick is back this year (and he should be) that will be an upgrade at center and Looney was not bad last year.  Wentz is better than Dak no question if he can stay healthy.  Honestly these 2 teams are just about even.

I also think we are deeper at more positions and have a better coach. We also have more draft capital in the upcoming draft so the potential for us to improve our roster right now is much higher. 

As for O line, I think ours pass blocks better and yours run blocks better, assuming everyone is healthy which neither teams line had going for it last year. Peter's is a big ?. If he plays he is still really good but he seemed to be on and off the field all year. 

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

I also think we are deeper at more positions and have a better coach. We also have more draft capital in the upcoming draft so the potential for us to improve our roster right now is much higher. 

As for O line, I think ours pass blocks better and yours run blocks better, assuming everyone is healthy which neither teams line had going for it last year. Peter's is a big ?. If he plays he is still really good but he seemed to be on and off the field all year. 

I think Garrett is going to surprise some people this year.  I don't think he is a great coach, but he is also not stupid.  He was not given an extension.  He is coaching for his NFL life.  I think will see a little different guy on the sidelines.

30 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

I think Garrett is going to surprise some people this year.  I don't think he is a great coach, but he is also not stupid.  He was not given an extension.  He is coaching for his NFL life.  I think will see a little different guy on the sidelines.

Maybe. But I think Doug has shown that he can be a great coach and even if the Clapper claps a bit harder what I said stands true.

I actually think Lawrence is top tier when he is on his game and that this contract does reflect his talent.  What i am not sure about is if Lawrence is the type of guy that will stay motivated with 65m guaranteed.

15 hours ago, Hefty Smurf said:

I don't think the eagles are done at Rb and I don't think the Pokes are done at TE.

I think both teams are close and are designed to to compete against each other. I agree with most of what has been said above. These two know each other very well from players and coaches. Garrett is not as good as Doug simply because Doug has a SB win. The players do like Garrett and he does get them to play for him. 

As for QB’s, Wentz is a better passer and over all QB then Dak no doubt.

Dak though is a better leader and is just so clutch when the game is on the line. I haven’t seen a ton of Eagle games where I live but doesn’t seam as though Wentz has that many 4th quarter wins? Maybe it’s because he hasn’t had the opportunity I don’t know the stats. 

It will be entertaining watching these teams battle for the next 5-10 years or so.

1 hour ago, gch said:

I think both teams are close and are designed to to compete against each other. I agree with most of what has been said above. These two know each other very well from players and coaches. Garrett is not as good as Doug simply because Doug has a SB win. The players do like Garrett and he does get them to play for him. 

As for QB’s, Wentz is a better passer and over all QB then Dak no doubt.

Dak though is a better leader and is just so clutch when the game is on the line. I haven’t seen a ton of Eagle games where I live but doesn’t seam as though Wentz has that many 4th quarter wins? Maybe it’s because he hasn’t had the opportunity I don’t know the stats. 

It will be entertaining watching these teams battle for the next 5-10 years or so.

The 2017 season the eagles rarely were behind so can't really go off of that for Wentz and 4th quarter wins. This past year the whole team struggled and Wentz definitely did struggle to put the nail in the coffin. So it's something that we still don't know honestly. 

6 hours ago, Hefty Smurf said:

Garrett has been the head coach for 9 years. He follows every good year with a bad year. After 9 years I don't think you are all of a sudden gonna see him do something drastically different.  We had Reid for 14 years and he does the same dum **** with the Chiefs that he did with us. 

On a side note if you look up Jason Garrett on Wikipedia it says " former head coach" lol. In red

45 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Garrett has been the head coach for 9 years. He follows every good year with a bad year. After 9 years I don't think you are all of a sudden gonna see him do something drastically different.  We had Reid for 14 years and he does the same dum **** with the Chiefs that he did with us. 

On a side note if you look up Jason Garrett on Wikipedia it says " former head coach" lol. In red

Yeah I dont see Garrett suddenly becoming an above average coach after all this time. Doug can be a special coach in this league.

22 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Yeah I dont see Garrett suddenly becoming an above average coach after all this time. Doug can be a special coach in this league.

Last season could of been an absolute train wreck for us and they still pulled together and made a good run and had a better playoff showing then the cowboys did. 

12 hours ago, Hefty Smurf said:

Don't need paper

Image result for eagles lombardi trophy

2 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Last season could of been an absolute train wreck for us and they still pulled together and made a good run and had a better playoff showing then the cowboys did. 

How did they have a better play off showing? Both went out in the  2nd round. 

Foles did his stuff again. Wentz was not playing well towards the end of the season. He was still having problems with health if I recall. 

1 hour ago, mike030270 said:

Don't need paper

Image result for eagles lombardi trophy

Odd.  That looks nothing like Bill Belichick.  I would have sworn that the Pat's were defending Superbowl champs.  Does the past suddenly matter?

15 minutes ago, Hefty Smurf said:

Odd.  That looks nothing like Bill Belichick.  I would have sworn that the Pat's were defending Superbowl champs.  Does the past suddenly matter?

Nothing prior to 2017.