Sign in to follow this  
OzzyX

What Happens To Your Season Tickets When The SuperBowl Comes To Philly?

If you’re a season ticket holder:

1. If the SuperBowl is in Philly and the Eagles are NOT in it, do you have the right to purchase SuperBowl tickets at face value?

2. If the SuperBowl is in Philly and the Eagles are in it, do you have the right to purchase SuperBowl tickets at face value?

If you own a luxury suite, I think you do have the right to purchase SuperBowl tickets at face value and then resell them for $200,000-$700,000 or however much they go for.

It's a lottery. LINK

Your best chance for buying a face-value ticket to the Super Bowl is to be a season ticket holder with an NFL team. If your team is actually playing in the Super Bowl, even better. That's because the NFL divvies up 75 percent of all Super Bowl tickets to each team in the league using the following math:

• 17.5 percent to the AFC champion
  • 17.5 percent to the NFC champion
  • 5 percent to the host team
  • 34.8 percent are distributed among the remaining 29 teams (1.2 percent per team)

The remaining 25.2 percent of all Super Bowl tickets are controlled by the NFL and sold to various partners, sponsors, media and networks

I wouldn't anticipate a Super Bowl being awarded to Philadelphia. It's possible, but I just wouldn't expect it.

Will never happen with the Linc. We would have to have a brand spanking new stadium and more then likely it would have to be a dome. Doubt they pull another NY cold weather SB. So as a season ticket holder I dont think I will ever have to even worry about it. 

Oh that’s a shame. I would think they would at least consider it since we’ve never hosted one.

Nah. NFL wants the Super Bowl in a warm weather city or in a dome. They do not want weather to be a factor. The New York Super Bowl was an exception, not the start of a trend IMO.

If there’s one thing I don’t like about the super  bowl is that it’s not played in front of the teams fans

if there is two things its that one game doesn’t really decide who’s the better team (like a series does). 

Make the super bowl 6 periods (90 minutes) 

3 periods at each teams teams home stadium. 

The fan noise/intensity would be insane especially in the 2nd game (the following Sunday)