Sign in to follow this  
Utebird

Your top guys at each position.

QB Joe montanna. Tom brady may have won more super bowls but joe cool never lost one 😎

RB Jim Brown. I compiled a list once assigning points to each statistical category of top RBs and Jim Brown came far and away ahead of everyone. He was just dominant.

FB- Lorenzo Neal- alot of the older "FBs" were really just RBs but neal was a True Run blocking RB who had something like 10+ seasons of blocking for 1000 yard rushers. 

WR Jerry Rice. Dont think any one would argue this.

TE. Rob Gronkowsi. Hes the most dominant TE ive ever seen play. Not only was he a nightmare mismatch a a receiver he was an elite run blocker as well.

OT. Anthony Munoz- guy was dominant many experts will say best they ever saw. Other guys i thought of, walter Jones, john ogden, orlando pace...

OG- Larry Allen. Larry Allen was one of the strongest players in the NFL and at 340 lbs could move as well.

OC-gonna say Jim Otto, never saw him play but dude has some impressive accolades and played for a long time.

DE Reggie White. Some will argue Deacon Jones or Bruce Smith but theyd be wrong.

DT-John Randall. Im sure some are gonna argue and bring up some old timers but randalls non stop motor and intensity just put him here for me plus i saw him play so that helps.

OLB-lawremce Taylor. Some will argue hes not just the best OLB ever but one of the best Football players ever crazy crack head could take over games.

MLB- D Butkus. Apparently if one looks up in the dictionary NFL MLB it has a pic of this dude.😉

CB- Rod Woodson over Deion becayse Rid could tackle also returned kicks and punts 

Safety- Ronnie Lott. Any dude that hurts his finger during a game gets half it cut off and comes back and finishes the game gets my vote. That and the dude was really good.

Kicker Adam Vinitieri. Cant remember a kicker having so many clutch kicks in so many big games and moments.

Punter- Ray Guy. I mean for petes sake the best punter gets an award called the Ray Guy award.

KR/PR Devin Hester never seen coverage teams so scared of one dude. For a few years he was the most dangerous man in football and he only touched the ball 5-7 times a game if that.

Coach. Bill Walsh. Some people would say how could you not say Lombardi the freakin championship trophy isnt called the Walsh. Like his QB Walsh never lost a chamoionship, Lombardi did to the eagles☺

hard to argue with your list. You have some greats there. I might go Tony Gonzalez or Kellen Winslow at TE, and I'd probably go Vince Lombardi as my coach. 

OP has a good list. I will reluctantly say Brady over Montana at QB based on the Super Bowl wins.

Punting is a skill that is evolving very quickly right now. Guy is the punter who everybody else will be measured. Hekker may possibly be the best punter I've ever seen. And he could even be surpassed in a couple of years.

I reluctantly go Brady over Montana.  He's earned it. 🤮

My RB also would be different as I'd go Barry Sanders.

MLB I'd go Ray Lewis.

CB I'd go Deion.

Safety I'd go Dawk.  He revolutionized how the position was played.

I'd take Brady too(hate him). Montana may not have lost any but if he made it to 9 I am sure he would have. And I would always take second place over 3rd through 30th.

On 4/9/2019 at 8:09 PM, Utebird said:

QB Joe montanna. Tom brady may have won more super bowls but cool joe never lost one 😎

Passing was more difficult back then too.

On 4/10/2019 at 11:05 AM, Outlaw said:

I reluctantly go Brady over Montana.  He's earned it. 🤮

My RB also would be different as I'd go Barry Sanders.

MLB I'd go Ray Lewis.

CB I'd go Deion.

Safety I'd go Dawk.  He revolutionized how the position was played.

I like the idea of Barry Sanders, but maybe even Walter Payton. Ray Lewis is a great choice at MLB, and can't argue Neon Deion is indeed probably the best corner ever, but there's no way I would pass on Ronnie Lott. 

Gotta go Calvin Johnson at WR.

Rice had Montana and stick-em oil. Calvin Johnson was the most dominant WR ever.

3 hours ago, matchew88 said:

Gotta go Calvin Johnson at WR.

Rice had Montana and stick-em oil. Calvin Johnson was the most dominant WR ever.

haha took the words out of my mouth. Still a great though

Good list. Whoever argues against LT, Reggie, Larry Allen, or Ray Guy would be wrong.

- I’d take John Elway over Montana.

- i’d take Marshall Faulk over Jim Brown because it’s been proven that pass catching backs are what score teams the most points.

- I’d take Dermonti Dawson at OC. Smart, strong, tough, extremely athletic. He was the perfect center. 

- Aaron Donald might be the best DT if all time.

QB--Montana

RB- Payton.  It's really close between Brown and Payton.  I think Payton went against better athletes on defense from top to bottom in the 70s and 80s vs. the era in the 60s.  

FB-  Csonka

WR- Rice

TE- Gonzalez

OT- Munoz

G- Hannah

C-Ringo

DE-White

DT -Mean Joe

OLB- Taylor

MLB- Lewis

CB- Darrell Green

S- Lott

K- Andersen

P- Guy

KR- Hester

Coach- Walsh. It is really close between Walsh, Belichick and Lombardi. But, the WCO was revolutionary and has lasted since the 80s.  

On 4/10/2019 at 1:57 PM, boogyman said:

I'd take Brady too(hate him). Montana may not have lost any but if he made it to 9 I am sure he would have. And I would always take second place over 3rd through 30th.

Imagine Brady having Jerry rice to throw to 

On 4/9/2019 at 8:09 PM, Utebird said:

Coach. Bill Walsh. 

I would love to see a Bill Walsh's best team against Bill Belichick's best team.

Pretty solid list.

I think at this point as much as it pains me to say it, I would take Brady over Montana.

At defensive tackle I think a guy like Aaron Donald might end up being the number one choice when his career is over, but still too early to say.

I also thought of Charles Woodson first over Rod. While Sanders was the best cover CB ever, I felt Woodson was the most complete CB to ever play. Coverage, blitz, make tackles, make plays, he's up there. It just becomes tough to judge CBs since Charles played in a more pass happy and pass friendly league than guys like Rod/Deion did. It's going to be even harder for CBs to stick out now going further imo.

On 4/13/2019 at 10:18 PM, SNOORDA said:

Imagine Brady having Jerry rice to throw to 

Imagine montanna having gronk to throw to.

5 hours ago, Utebird said:

Imagine montanna having gronk to throw to.

Imagine Rice having Brady to throw to.

th?id=OIP.iAG5C59G7rtrQ6qPfsL2zgHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=288&h=163

On 4/13/2019 at 10:30 PM, CaliEagle said:

FB-  Csonka

Csonka was a man among boys.....in any era.  

- Brady over Joe, enuff said

- "Mean" Joe Green has to be the starting DT on any all-time NFL list, has to be.

- "Night Train" Lane > any CB ever.