Sign in to follow this  

Hello fellow Eagles fans!!!  

I wanted to discuss my experience in Chicago for the NFC Wild Card Game. Hopefully this experience will assist you next time we play the Bears or if you're ever in the city for vacation. I have a few points I want to touch on about what to do in the city and how to handle Bears fans when it comes to game day. 

1. The Italian Beef Sandwich is Chicago’s equivalent to the Philly Cheesesteak. Besides the cheese, the main difference is that the Italian beef sandwich tends to naturally be a more soggy sandwich because of the beef au ju and Italian hot pepper dressing added. The #1 Classic place to go is Al’s Italian beef in Little Italy.
  2. The Chicago Style Pizza is great as well. There are various shops you can go to, but just like the Pat’s vs Geno’s debate. The debate for the Chicago style Pizza is Giordano’s vs Lou Malnati’s. I’ve only had Giordano’s, it was good but I hear Lou’s may be better (comes down to preference).
  3. You can get a classic Chicago dog at almost any native Chicago American Food establishment. But Portillo’s is a local chain that has a pretty good dog. 
  4. Attractions wise, you can visit the many nature parks the city has to offer. Chicago was built with the purpose of being very nature oriented city back in the day. The most popular park is Millennial Park because of the famous Bean sculpture. The Park near the aquarium and Solider Field is beautiful as well because its close to the water. If you are more into the traditional touristy type things, go online to search for things like the Willis Tower with the Skydeck or the Pier off Lake Michigan. The University of Chicago on the South Side is a beautiful campus, but be careful at night in the South Side of Chicago. 
  5. Wriglyville is a must see location if you are a baseball fan. Wrigly Field is in North Chicago in Wriglyville. The ballpark is in the middle of a residential area, which is pretty cool if you think about it. Has the feel of being a small neighborhood team. 
  6. When it comes to Chicago Bears fans and their football, they are a passionate group of people. They love their sports teams. Their persona has the midwestern hospitality but that cold hearted trash talk as well. When I was tailgating for the playoff game, many Chicago fans went out of their way to talk a lot trash to me, but in a subtle sportsmanship way. 
  7. If you are in Chicago in the winter time for a game, note that Solider Field right next to the water. So the icy cold winds off Lake Michigan flow over the stadium. Be prepared with layers and gloves. I was layered for the game but still was freezing by the time the 4th quarter came around. Chicago Fans can get that stadium loud when they are on defense, outside of Lincoln Financial Field and Saints' Superdome, Solider Field is one of my favorite stadiums to go to because of the loud atmosphere.
  8. After Cody Parkey "Double Doinked" the field goal for the Eagles to win. Solider Field was deathly silent. You could tell many of the fans were angry more than sad. With teams like the Bears and Eagles, the fans take losses seriously, so be respectful when leaving the stadium because there were a few brush ups I noticed between the fanbases after the game. 

9. There is a lot to do in Chicago, its a big city with a reliable transportation system. Wonderful vacation place to go and explore for a few days. 

My name is D. Arthur Turner IV. I am originally from Lancaster, PA but now live on the West Coast. I am also a documentary filmmaker. I traveled around with the Eagles to EVERY AWAY GAME in the 2018 season as we defended our Super Bowl 52 title. The Eagles fanbase is HANDS DOWN the best traveling fanbase in all of American Sports and I wanted to capture that passion via film for my next movie. I interviewed many fans at tailgates, getting their perspective. My ultimate goal is to submit my documentary to Sundance Film Festival in September 2019. 

If you're interested in the Chicago tailgate interviews I filmed. Head over to my Production Company's Youtube Channel, D.A.T.A Productions, to see all my different fan interviews from the 2018 Season. Here is the link for my video. SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL as well. GO BIRDS!!!!! 

NFC Wild Card Game:  

Double Doink Reaction[Live Video]: