Sign in to follow this  
PoconoDon

Seahawks and Wilson agree to mega contract

4 hours ago, gch said:

I bet Wentz will get a blockbuster contract similar to Wilson. I hope he becomes the highest paid QB in football  

If he is healthy and plays well it wouldnt hurt the team if he was. If he plays bad or is hurt a lot it would. Same as every other highly paid player. People put too much in this.

The QB is always going to get paid a lot going forward. There are 3 ways to go.

One: you have a good QB and he takes up a lot of cap.

Two: you have a QB on a rookie deal

Three: you have a crap QB and are looking for one or two.

On 4/16/2019 at 11:45 AM, ggs5008 said:

If he stays healthy and plays like he did two years, absolutely worth 30+ million. 

You mean if he does something he’s never done and sustainably plays the way he did during the best 13 game stretch of his career.

In that case, yes, he’s worth 30+ million.  You can say that about quite a few guys.

I don't know why people are so against giving Wentz the deal we all expect him to get? I mean this is a guy with the potential to be a top QB for the next decade. Teams want a QB to be their guy don't they? So if it isn't Wentz then who?

On 4/21/2019 at 6:30 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't know why people are so against giving Wentz the deal we all expect him to get? I mean this is a guy with the potential to be a top QB for the next decade. Teams want a QB to be their guy don't they? So if it isn't Wentz then who?

I think if you were to have the perspective of an outsider, or if Wentz were on another team, then it would provide some reasoning as to why people may be a little reluctant.

He'll get paid, but I can see the rationale behind not giving him top dollar. Whatever contract Andrew Luck got, the Eagles should mimic in a similar fashion. Because Luck's contract didn't break the bank and the Colts have a lot of cap space.

So does Jarod Goff get more less then Wentz?

On 4/20/2019 at 4:43 PM, gch said:

I bet Wentz will get a blockbuster contract similar to Wilson. I hope he becomes the highest paid QB in football  

Why?   Does he owe you money?

5 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

He'll get paid, but I can see the rationale behind not giving him top dollar. Whatever contract Andrew Luck got, the Eagles should mimic in a similar fashion. Because Luck's contract didn't break the bank and the Colts have a lot of cap space.

Now that is completely fair. And actually at this point Wentz has had one top year, one year where he's shown promise as a rookie and one where he's played well but struggled at times. And ultimately he has the injury concerns. Very similar to Luck in that respect. Although Luck was possibly more consistent in his first 3 years.

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Now that is completely fair. And actually at this point Wentz has had one top year, one year where he's shown promise as a rookie and one where he's played well but struggled at times. And ultimately he has the injury concerns. Very similar to Luck in that respect. Although Luck was possibly more consistent in his first 3 years.

Pretty much why I’m in favor of waiting until after the season to give him a new deal, even though it could potentially cost more. He needs to stay healthy obviously, and he needs to play  like he did in 2017, if not better. 

29 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Pretty much why I’m in favor of waiting until after the season to give him a new deal, even though it could potentially cost more. He needs to stay healthy obviously, and he needs to play  like he did in 2017, if not better. 

And that's fair i mean I can understand that people want to wait. Personally I'd take the risk now at a potentially lower hit.

14 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

I think if you were to have the perspective of an outsider, or if Wentz were on another team, then it would provide some reasoning as to why people may be a little reluctant.

Every contract looks better after a few seasons, due to the cap rising every year.

10 hours ago, Mortimer said:

Why?   Does he owe you money?

Because he's a Cowboys can who wants us to be cap-strapped

13 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Because he's a Cowboys can who wants us to be cap-strapped

Yep good call. Wentz may be the next Brady or 17 could have been the best year of his career. Staying Health is the key for Wentz.