nottingham14

I wouldn’t jump on the Daniel Jones hate train just yet

59 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Mehta Manish reported that and it's already getting dismissed as pure bs 

Seriously, what NFL scouting department looks at a lanky sub 230lbs white dude QB who is a good not great athlete and thinks "Gee, maybe he would make a great tight end"?

I agree. I am just saying a lot of Giants fans are being just as irrational and "stupid" as Eagles fans about the pick. So to say it's just philly fans being stupid is incorrect. 

My personal opinion is they could have had him later. I might be wrong, who knows.  I would be worried about his propensity to float passes, especially in that stadium and weather. But with all QBs, who knows? He could be great, he might suck. He might be in the middle. I will say if it's a miss it's a huge setback for NY as there is nowhere else to go once Eli is done.

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

I agree. I am just saying a lot of Giants fans are being just as irrational and "stupid" as Eagles fans about the pick. So to say it's just philly fans being stupid is incorrect. 

My personal opinion is they could have had him later. I might be wrong, who knows.  I would be worried about his propensity to float passes, especially in that stadium and weather. But with all QBs, who knows? He could be great, he might suck. He might be in the middle. I will say if it's a miss it's a huge setback for NY as there is nowhere else to go once Eli is done.

This might be the best post I've ever seen from you.

22 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

This might be the best post I've ever seen from you.

Dont get me wrong he still is gonna suck. Not enough tools in the toolbox.

That was a joke even if you dont want to see it.

PS I have had much better posts

35 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Dont get me wrong he still is gonna suck. Not enough tools in the toolbox.

That was a joke even if you dont want to see it.

PS I have had much better posts

You almost ruined it but it still stands as the best post I've seen by you.

10 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

You almost ruined it but it still stands as the best post I've seen by you.

Well you cant please everyone all of the time. I think I will be ok.

52 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Well you cant please everyone all of the time. I think I will be ok.

Speak for yourself. I please everybody all the time. 

On 5/6/2019 at 12:11 AM, skippyx said:

So this expert QB guru taught him how to play QB with a bad O-line and a crew of horrible WRs?

How exactly did he learn anything but how to be a bad QB?

Why was he terrible at the Senior Bowl practices?

Josh Allen was intriguing because he was a bad college QB with a rocket arm.

Daniel Jones is like Josh Allen with a mediocre arm.

Terrible at practice at the game he won MVP? 🤨🙄

Josh Allen is hot garbage. His accuracy is terrible. Daniel Is very accurate.

1 hour ago, vincent_NJG said:

Speak for yourself. I please everybody all the time. 

🙄

You take diamonds in the rough at 7. God forbid he's drafted in the 5th lol

I'd give him a 17% chance of being a journeyman starter with occasional good games like Fitzmagic, a 10% chance of being a mediocre starter and a 3% chance of being a top half of the league guy. 70% chance he is a bust because the NFL is way harder than college and he was a bad college QB.

• like Josh Allen was a bad college QB, of course they are not identical but Allen had a huge upside asset in his arm
  • Jones has that he was taught by the same guy as the royal Mannings.
    • That guru has taught ZERO successful NFL QBs that did not have half of Archie Manning's DNA
      • This includes the mighty Heath Shuler.

The problem is trying to debate with people who can't see that draft slot, draft capital, and rookie contract salary all matter.

• Add in that they are butt-hurt ultra-sensitive Giant fans and hijinks ensue.

The Giants will likely have between the 22nd to 28th worst QB group this year and they will pay them just under 30 million dollars.

They don't have a blue chip player that could have been taken at #6. They don't have the extra picks that trading down to the 9-14 range could have gotten them.

They went to the store to buy a 5 dollar scratcher and paid 50 dollars for it instead.

• The one ticket may be a winner but they could have had 2 more tickets this year and the money to buy more tickets in the future.
  • Pretending that there was a guy or two in line behind you who was going to pay 45 dollars or 30 dollars for the same scratcher is pathetic.

Here's more in depth analysis that deals with those pesky statistics based in reality and not 11 throws in a fake game.

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/4/23/18310437/daniel-jones-nfl-draft-hype-why

Executive Summary: Jones was not actually a bad college QB... he was a terrible college QB.

I could see similar levels of NFL success as of that in college... pretty good against defenses outside the top 30 🔥🤡🔥

1 hour ago, skippyx said:

I'd give him a 17% chance of being a journeyman starter with occasional good games like Fitzmagic, a 10% chance of being a mediocre starter and a 3% chance of being a top half of the league guy. 70% chance he is a bust because the NFL is way harder than college and he was a bad college QB.

• like Josh Allen was a bad college QB, of course they are not identical but Allen had a huge upside asset in his arm
    • That guru has taught ZERO successful NFL QBs that did not have half of Archie Manning's DNA

The problem is trying to debate with people who can't see that draft slot, draft capital, and rookie contract salary all matter.

The Giants will likely have between the 22nd to 28th worst QB group this year and they will pay them just under 30 million dollars.

They don't have a blue chip player that could have been taken at #6. They don't have the extra picks that trading down to the 9-14 range could have gotten them.

They went to the store to buy a 5 dollar scratcher and paid 50 dollars for it instead.

• The one ticket may be a winner but they could have had 2 more tickets this year and the money to buy more tickets in the future.
  • Pretending that there was a guy or two in line behind you who was going to pay 45 dollars or 30 dollars for the same scratcher is pathetic.

Here's more in depth analysis that deals with those pesky statistics based in reality and not 11 throws in a fake game.

Executive Summary: Jones was not actually a bad college QB... he was a terrible college QB.

I could see similar levels of NFL success as of that in college... pretty good against defenses outside the top 30 🔥🤡🔥

It's incredible how we have such definitive factual opinions of a guy who hasn't taken a single snap in the NFL and is basing everything on college stats while not playing with a single other player that was drafted into the league.

3 hours ago, skippyx said:

Honest question, I know we’re the enemy here, but do you read the actual words in our posts? Butt hurt, ultra sensitive, where are you getting this from? Look at what we ALL said about the pick. We frickin agreed that it was a reach you idiot. Most Giants fans are furious. The only thing Vince and I are saying is it’s stupid to label a guy a bust before he throws a pass in the NFL. Are the odds against him, sure. The odds are against most of these QBs. We’re just willing to give him a chance because we’re fans. 

Also, stop trying to use statistics in your posts. Just stop it. You butcher it every single time. Speaking from someone that actually has experience in the field, I can tell you it pisses me off more watching you misuse data than when you insult the Giants. 

29 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Honest question, I know we’re the enemy here, but do you read the actual words in our posts? Butt hurt, ultra sensitive, where are you getting this from? Look at what we ALL said about the pick. We frickin agreed that it was a reach you idiot. Most Giants fans are furious. The only thing Vince and I are saying is it’s stupid to label a guy a bust before he throws a pass in the NFL. Are the odds against him, sure. The odds are against most of these QBs. We’re just willing to give him a chance because we’re fans. 

Also, stop trying to use statistics in your posts. Just stop it. You butcher it every single time. Speaking from someone that actually has experience in the field, I can tell you it pisses me off more watching you misuse data than when you insult the Giants. 

It's embarrassing. At first I honestly thought he just copy and pasted from a previous post.

I wanted Haskins. I was banging on the coffee table on draft night and spewing venom. To me, Daniel Jones was the 3rd best qb in the draft behind Haskins and Lock(kyler is a complete wildcard imo).

That being said if they feel Jones is their guy, I can accept them going after with the knowledge that their careers/legacies are on the line. If he goes down, Shurmur and Gettleman go down with him.

At the end of the day though, it's ridiculously asinine to conclude that he or any other player is going to bust or bloom based on cherry picked college stats 

15 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

It's embarrassing. At first I honestly thought he just copy and pasted from a previous post.

I wanted Haskins. I was banging on the coffee table on draft night and spewing venom. To me, Daniel Jones was the 3rd best qb in the draft behind Haskins and Lock(kyler is a complete wildcard imo).

That being said if they feel Jones is their guy, I can accept them going after with the knowledge that their careers/legacies are on the line. If he goes down, Shurmur and Gettleman go down with him.

At the end of the day though, it's ridiculously asinine to conclude that he or any other player is going to bust or bloom based on cherry picked college stats 

They do the same thing to the players the eagles pick. So it's not just you lol

16 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

He’s obviously a long shot to be a top QB in the league, but he was also a walk on at a basketball school and made his way to the first round of the NFL (he was getting picked in round one no matter what). Maybe he knows a thing or two about beating long odds. 

2 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

They do the same thing to the players the eagles pick. So it's not just you lol

This is on a different level. Not sure I've ever seen a 1st round pick get so much polarizing attention. Honestly, I don't even think Manziel had the media squirming this much.

That being said, my post was mostly directed at guy who initially compared the pick to Jon Harris(huh?) And is pulling out cherry picked stats to back up the view. I have to remind myself that this is the same guy who spent the entire 2016 offseason after the draft, making threads about how Ezekiel Elliot is the worst pick ever because blah blah blah

2 hours ago, boogyman said:

Oh damn. I take back everything I said. Hands down worst draft pick since JaMarcus Russell. Actually, he's gonna make the likes of Russell, Couch, Leaf look good.

On 5/5/2019 at 1:54 PM, nottingham14 said:

Stats can be deceiving. He didn’t have near the skill level of WRs around him. 

If he had David Givens and David Patten his numbers would have been way better.

On 5/6/2019 at 6:33 PM, boogyman said:

Eli has been done for years anyway, this is all an uptick for me.

17 minutes ago, GA4M said:

Rex Ryan?:lol:

Yeah apparently Rex really likes him. Giants may as well cut him tomorrow IMO.

3 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Yeah apparently Rex really likes him. Giants may as well cut him tomorrow IMO.

Too much talk for me on this pick, I'll just wait and see what happens. But I'm ready to move on from Eli, that's for sure.

I had this all wrong in saying he is the next Dave Brown.

I stand corrected. He is the next Ereck Flowers.

I LOVE that Pete Prisco liked the Ereck Flowers pick at the time.

Prisco is defending Jones as well. 😄