nottingham14

I wouldn’t jump on the Daniel Jones hate train just yet

12 hours ago, skippyx said:

I had this all wrong in saying he is the next Dave Brown.

I stand corrected. He is the next Ereck Flowers.

I LOVE that Pete Prisco liked the Ereck Flowers pick at the time.

Prisco is defending Jones as well.¬†ūüėĄ

^ once again, proving my point that you're going entirely by the word of "experts" who we all mock and college stats. 

The last time I saw you so adamant that a pick was terrible before we saw him play was Zeke.

*fingers crossed*

4 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

^ once again, proving my point that you're going entirely by the word of "experts" who we all mock and college stats. 

The last time I saw you so adamant that a pick was terrible before we saw him play was Zeke.

*fingers crossed*

But bullet points!

Lol I will make fun of NY for taking him at 7. I doubt they really know anything about another team taking him in the first. No GM really knows who the other teams are taking before th draft actually occurs. It's layer upon layer of smoke screen and misdirection. If Gettleman really thought 2 other teams were going to take it, that just means 2 teams completely fooled him into making him think he knew who they would take. I personally have very little doubt they could have gotten him with one of those other 2 first round picks.

But I have no idea if he will be good or suck or be average. There have been other players that one team liked more than most others that turned out really good. Sometimes a few teams see something the rest dont. Hope he is awful. And Dak throws 22 picks. And whoever Washington rolls out throws 12 McNabb wormburners a game. I personally think they could have gotten him with either the 2nd or 3rd pick they used in the 1st round, or if another team such as Washington grabbed him then just draft Haskins or another player, they had plenty of needs. If he turned out great then I would have been wrong. 

Edited for spelling and grammar because I am posting from a bar.

1 hour ago, boogyman said:

But bullet points!

Lol I will make fun of NY for taking him at 7. I doubt they really know anything about another team taking him in the first. No GM really knows who the other teams are taking before th draft actually occurs. It's layer upon layer of smoke screen and misdirection. If Gettleman really thought 2 other teams were going to take it, that just means 2 teams completely fooled him into making him think he knew who they would take. I personally ho very lo little doubt they could have gotten him with

But I have no idea if he will be good or suck or be average. There have been other players that one team liked more than most others that turned out really good. Sometimes a fee teams see something the rest dont. Hope he is awful. And Dak throws 22 picks. And whoever Washington rolls out throws 12 McNabb wormburners a game. I personally think they could have gotten him with either the 2nd or 3rd pick they used in the 1st round, or if another team such as Washington grabbed him then just draft Haskins or another player, they had plenty of needs. If he turned out great then I would have been wrong. 

Another great post by you. You're on fire lately. You get it. Like all of us, you don't know. Unlike so many, youre not pretending you can see the future.

We really don't know what is going on in the war rooms. We have what we think/feel and what they claim. 

We won't know for awhile. I wanted Haskins badly and I'm still bitter about it but at the same time I have to acknowledge that I'm just a fan. I thought that RG3 was going to haunt the Giants for a decade. He ends up being ROY.

We all know what how that ended. 

We'll find out in the next 2-4 years what happens with DJ. I hope I'm wrong on him and Haskins.

21 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Another great post by you. You're on fire lately. You get it. Like all of us, you don't know. Unlike so many, youre not pretending you can see the future.

We really don't know what is going on in the war rooms. We have what we think/feel and what they claim. 

We won't know for awhile. I wanted Haskins badly and I'm still bitter about it but at the same time I have to acknowledge that I'm just a fan. I thought that RG3 was going to haunt the Giants for a decade. He ends up being ROY.

We'll find out in the next 2-4 years what happens with DJ. I hope I'm wrong on him and Haskins.

I do lol at the "2 other teams would have drafted him" stuff. I have no bullet points or a PowerPoint presentation, but those other teams will mask who they wanted before, during and after the draft as part of the game.

Also keep in mind I reserve the right to poke fun at Daniel Jones or NY in any ridiculous way I see fit in the future. 

On 4/29/2019 at 8:19 AM, BKLYNYG said:

This blog usually sucks, but this one article provides what I believe are fair rankings for the young NFC East QBs. 

1. Wentz - Best of the bunch, but is injured far too often. Eagles will have to give him a new contract soon which will hinder their ability to stack other positions. Most likely to be replaced in 3 years.

2. Dak - Not as much upside, but is steady and always plays. Will need a contract soon as well.

3. Jones - Better and more athletic than people think. Will need a year of seasoning. Doesn’t have a super high ceiling. 

4. Haskins - Feels like a forced pick. Most likely to bust. 

https://www.nj.com/sports/2019/04/ranking-nfc-east-quarterbacks-of-the-future-oft-injured-carson-wentz-to-giants-daniel-jones.html

I actually think Dak sucks.  Agree on the rest though. 

5 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

Haskins has bust written all over him.  Dude had all day to throw and hurled bombs at wide open receivers all season.  I'm not saying Jones is better, I'm not saying that at all.  I'm just saying Haskins is a high risk pick. 

Shoulda picked Allen at 6, then gone with Jones at 17.  And if some other team picked Jones, then that would have been a sign that it wasn't meant to be.

46 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

Haskins has bust written all over him.  Dude had all day to throw and hurled bombs at wide open receivers all season.  I'm not saying Jones is better, I'm not saying that at all.  I'm just saying Haskins is a high risk pick. 

Shoulda picked Allen at 6, then gone with Jones at 17.  And if some other team picked Jones, then that would have been a sign that it wasn't meant to be.

Just my opinion...no one was picking Jones above 17. Giants would have been better off picking a late round QB or not picking one at all. If they were in love with Jones he would have been there at 17 like you said.

My personal strategy for NY would have been to keep Odell and throw money at Foles. Cut Eli. Draft heavy at O line and defense. Make a 3 to 5 year run.

But that ship sailed. Next years QB crop looks decent. They should have rode Eli and waited. I didnt like any of the QBs in this draft

2 hours ago, boogyman said:

Just my opinion...no one was picking Jones above 17. Giants would have been better off picking a late round QB or not picking one at all. If they were in love with Jones he would have been there at 17 like you said.

My personal strategy for NY would have been to keep Odell and throw money at Foles. Cut Eli. Draft heavy at O line and defense. Make a 3 to 5 year run.

But that ship sailed. Next years QB crop looks decent. They should have rode Eli and waited. I didnt like any of the QBs in this draft

I think we’re all on the same page in regards to Jones. Pick the best defensive player available at 6 (it was Allen at the time) and gamble that Jones would be there at 17 if he’s your guy. 

After all the dust has settled I’m happy they traded OBJ and passed on Foles. There was just something about Beckham that was pulling this team down. It was time to move on. Plus, the dude gets hurt, a lot. I think Foles is going to bust in Jax. 

All things considered, if we get league average play from the QB position, this should be a pretty high scoring offense. The OL looks solid, we have the best combo RB in the league and a nice collection of pass catchers. It’s the young defense that’s going to make or break the Giants season. 

21 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

I think we’re all on the same page in regards to Jones. Pick the best defensive player available at 6 (it was Allen at the time) and gamble that Jones would be there at 17 if he’s your guy. 

After all the dust has settled I’m happy they traded OBJ and passed on Foles. There was just something about Beckham that was pulling this team down. It was time to move on. Plus, the dude gets hurt, a lot. I think Foles is going to bust in Jax. 

All things considered, if we get league average play from the QB position, this should be a pretty high scoring offense. The OL looks solid, we have the best combo RB in the league and a nice collection of pass catchers. It’s the young defense that’s going to make or break the Giants season. 

I dont think how Foles does with the Jags has any bearing on how well he might have played in NY with elite weapons and a decent Oline. Not disagreeing with you just pointing out a flaw in your discussion.

7 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I dont think how Foles does with the Jags has any bearing on how well he might have played in NY with elite weapons and a decent Oline. Not disagreeing with you just pointing out a flaw in your discussion.

If Foles is the great QB you think he is, he shouldn't need too much to flourish. Just saying. 

Also I like how it's acknowledged that the Giants offensive line is now decent. That's the first time in nearly a decade but according to everyone and their mother, Gettleman who has quietly rebuilt the trenches on both sides (on paper) and stocked up in the secondary, has no clue what he's doing because talking heads say so.

15 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

If Foles is the great QB you think he is, he shouldn't need too much to flourish. Just saying. 

Also I like how it's acknowledged that the Giants offensive line is now decent. That's the first time in nearly a decade but according to everyone and their mother, Gettleman who has quietly rebuilt the trenches on both sides (on paper) and stocked up in the secondary, has no clue what he's doing because talking heads say so.

I never once said Foles is a Rodgers/Brady  type QB that can be great with no talent around him. Not once. Just saying. 

2 hours ago, boogyman said:

I never once said Foles is a Rodgers/Brady  type QB that can be great with no talent around him. Not once. Just saying. 

Well it's not like the Giants are fully loaded and the Jags are a year removed from missing the super bowl by the skin of their teeth.

If Foles isn't at the very least, clear cut  massive upgrade from Bortles/Kessler this season then well ... 

... You get the picture 

5 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

Well it's not like the Giants are fully loaded and the Jags are a year removed from missing the super bowl by the skin of their teeth.

If Foles isn't at the very least, clear cut  massive upgrade from Bortles/Kessler this season then well ... 

... You get the picture 

Odell, Barkley, Ingram and if the line is upgraded is a lot better than what the Jags have. It's also just a completely different team. I'm not saying he is going to be bad in Jacksonville, just saying if that offense struggles it has no bearing on how well the Giants might have been if he was there. 2 completely different teams and situations. And for an embarrassing amount of times I have made it very clear that at any time there are only 1 to 3 guys tops that can carry an offense as a QB and Foles is not one of those guys.

33 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Odell, Barkley, Ingram and if the line is upgraded is a lot better than what the Jags have. It's also just a completely different team. I'm not saying he is going to be bad in Jacksonville, just saying if that offense struggles it has no bearing on how well the Giants might have been if he was there. 2 completely different teams and situations. And for an embarrassing amount of times I have made it very clear that at any time there are only 1 to 3 guys tops that can carry an offense as a QB and Foles is not one of those guys.

I never said you claimed he was top tier. I never claimed he was awful.

You always made it clear that you believe he's far better than what I consider him. Low end starter-best backup in the league. Not a true franchise QB.

This is where he can set the record straight once and for all. If he does well as a clear cut franchise QB I'll concede that I've been wrong all along on Foled

However, if he struggles mightily in and is not at the very least an extremely noticeable upgrade from Bortles/Kessler then well.... Like I said.

I've noticed a lot of the Foles fan club have done some major backpedaling lately. To me, that only further confirms that deep down, they always knew.

2 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

I never said you claimed he was top tier. I never claimed he was awful.

You always made it clear that you believe he's far better than what I consider him. Low end starter-best backup in the league. Not a true franchise QB.

This is where he can set the record straight once and for all. If he does well as a clear cut franchise QB I'll concede that I've been wrong all along on Foled

However, if he struggles mightily in and is not at the very least an extremely noticeable upgrade from Bortles/Kessler then well.... Like I said.

I've noticed a lot of the Foles fan club have done some major backpedaling lately. To me, that only further confirms that deep down, they always knew.

I personally dont feel I have anything to backpedal from even if the offense stinks down there. Not trying to make this a Foles thread. Hes a Jaguar now so my nightmare of him playing well for NY is not gonna happen which is very good for me. I'll root for him from a distance unless it effects the Birds chances of winning.

14 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I personally dont feel I have anything to backpedal from even if the offense stinks down there. Not trying to make this a Foles thread. Hes a Jaguar now so my nightmare of him playing well for NY is not gonna happen which is very good for me. I'll root for him from a distance unless it effects the Birds chances of winning.

Uh huh

download (15).jpeg

4 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Uh huh

download (15).jpeg

Now let's get back on topic and give the fact the Jones pick was so obviously horrible the respect it deserves.

Best case scenario is Foles plays well inJax, Wentz gets hurt again and Eagles fans that were on team Foles burn down the Linc. There’s actually a decent chance all of this happens. 

21 hours ago, boogyman said:

I wouldn't cut Eli for Foles.  The rest I agree with.  

22 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

I wouldn't cut Eli for Foles.  The rest I agree with.  

Having both would be redundant. Foles is much better than Eli at this point IMO

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

Best case scenario is Foles plays well inJax, Wentz gets hurt again and Eagles fans that were on team Foles burn down the Linc. There’s actually a decent chance all of this happens. 

I'm praying this won't happen. It will get absolutely unbearable around here if it does. 

On 5/13/2019 at 4:31 PM, boogyman said:

Having both would be redundant. Foles is much better than Eli at this point IMO

I think we will be happy with Daniel Jones.  Reports from camp have him looking very good.  Maybe get one more year out of Eli and then make the transition.

1 hour ago, Happyfoosball said:

I think we will be happy with Daniel Jones.  Reports from camp have him looking very good.  Maybe get one more year out of Eli and then make the transition.

Daniel Jones? Never heard of her.

On 5/13/2019 at 12:20 AM, vincent_NJG said:

... You get the picture 

I dunno Bortles also may have been the scapegoat of a putrid Jacksonville offense.  Mediocre O-Line, overrated RB's and pathetic pass catching weapons.  At least Bortles was a big dude with wheels.  Foles is a QB who likes to trust in his receivers and just chuck it, but how do you do that when there is nobody to trust?  Only bright spot for Foles is they are asking him to score 22 pts/game.

On 5/12/2019 at 8:46 PM, BKLYNYG said:

Not a fan of the pass catchers.  Tate/Sheppard/Engram is an average trio and the depth is dismal.  I do like the O-Line and I think Barkley could get 2K this year.  Manning is 3 years done now.  I don;t see any way Giants are not picking top 5 again next year.