nottingham14

I wouldn’t jump on the Daniel Jones hate train just yet

39 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Not a fan of the pass catchers.  Tate/Sheppard/Engram is an average trio and the depth is dismal.  I do like the O-Line and I think Barkley could get 2K this year.  Manning is 3 years done now.  I don;t see any way Giants are not picking top 5 again next year.

I'd love for them to run Barkley for over 2,000 yards. Most Runningbacks don't bounce back from that. 

2 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I'd love for them to run Barkley for over 2,000 yards. Most Runningbacks don't bounce back from that. 

Yeah let me take that back, I don't see the Giants playing with enough leads for him to rack up 2K.  But I do expect a career defining year in the realm of 2,200 total yds.

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Not a fan of the pass catchers.  Tate/Sheppard/Engram is an average trio and the depth is dismal.  I do like the O-Line and I think Barkley could get 2K this year.  Manning is 3 years done now.  I don;t see any way Giants are not picking top 5 again next year.

Pass catchers are the least of our concerns. I don't think any team in the division has an elite collection of pass catchers. Dallas might be the most dangerous because they have two elite players (Cooper and Zeke). Philly has 1 (Etrz) and the Giants have one (Barkley), although Tate and Shep are probably at the top end of slot receivers and Philly has a solid second TE. The Giants are going to score. Our W/L record will depend on how quickly the young defense comes together. There's a lot of high draft picks in their first or second year. If they break out we'll win a few games. If not, we'll be back in the top 5. 

Barkley is the most dangerous in the division.....in only his second year. Transcendent player. Reminds me of the Chargers situation back when Tomlinson and Brees were young.

On 5/5/2019 at 2:54 PM, nottingham14 said:

Stats can be deceiving. He didn’t have near the skill level of WRs around him. 

This point feels familiar

On 4/27/2019 at 1:35 AM, nottingham14 said:

I wouldn’t jump on the Daniel Jones hate train just yet

Sorry, already boarded.  Moving to fast to safely get off now.

On 4/27/2019 at 1:35 AM, nottingham14 said:

Yes I know it’s the Giants. Yes i know it’s Gettleman. I hate them too. But the Mannings have basically attached their name and cache to this guy. That gives me pause when it comes to Jones at 6.

The Manning’s have been running camps for years and this guy is the first one they’ve ran out as "their guy.” And I know people love to hate on Eli too. But this guy is attached to Peyton Manning, one of the greatest football minds we’ve seen. Jones has been breed a Peyton clone at their camp. I think they have a lot riding on this guy in terms of marketing their camps. Putting the Manning name on it is huge. Having a NFL legend graduate would be pure vindication.

I think this is why Gettleman is "in love” with this guy. I don’t buy the senior bowl crap. The Mannings have worked a deal to have Eli mentor their personally vouched for diamond in the rough that will make the GM who drafted him look like a genius. And we all know how important that is to Gettleman. 

If I were a Giants fan I would be very worried about Jones, simply because the guy who made the "Cousins is the next Brees" thread seems high on him.

i didn't have to jump on, I boarded with first class and even booked a suite on the sleep car because I plan to be here a while.

Well, if there's anyone who knows something about irrationally hating a particularplayer, it's nottingham14.

On 6/20/2019 at 3:06 AM, McNabbIsGone said:

Move over,  Donovan . . . you got company getting booed in Noo Yawk:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001034154/article/giants-qb-daniel-jones-not-bothered-by-new-york-boos

No one booed Donovan at the draft. They booed the Eagles for not taking Ricky Williams.

This Daniel Jones thing was straight up knuckle-draggers booing another human being who is one of their team's players.

15 hours ago, skippyx said:

No one booed Donovan at the draft. They booed the Eagles for not taking Ricky Williams.

This Daniel Jones thing was straight up knuckle-draggers booing another human being who is one of their team's players.

Im glad you said it cause I'm sick of hearing that they booed McNabb.