nottingham14

I wouldn’t jump on the Daniel Jones hate train just yet

Yes I know it’s the Giants. Yes i know it’s Gettleman. I hate them too. But the Mannings have basically attached their name and cache to this guy. That gives me pause when it comes to Jones at 6.

The Manning’s have been running camps for years and this guy is the first one they’ve ran out as "their guy.” And I know people love to hate on Eli too. But this guy is attached to Peyton Manning, one of the greatest football minds we’ve seen. Jones has been breed a Peyton clone at their camp. I think they have a lot riding on this guy in terms of marketing their camps. Putting the Manning name on it is huge. Having a NFL legend graduate would be pure vindication.

I think this is why Gettleman is "in love” with this guy. I don’t buy the senior bowl crap. The Mannings have worked a deal to have Eli mentor their personally vouched for diamond in the rough that will make the GM who drafted him look like a genius. And we all know how important that is to Gettleman. 

1 hour ago, nottingham14 said:

Peyton Manning, one of the greatest football minds we’ve seen. 

Doesn't make him a great talent evaluator though. 

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Doesn't make him a great talent evaluator though. 

🤦🏻‍♂️ I didn’t say he was the GM. He’s personally trained this guy with Cudcliff. Watch the guy play. It’s like watching Peyton out there. 

2 minutes ago, nottingham14 said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ I didn’t say he was the GM. He’s personally trained this guy with Cudcliff. Watch the guy play. It’s like watching Peyton out there. 

No but you seem to suggest that because Peyton likes him that he must be a future great QB. Michael Jordan had a horrible eye for talent as does Elway especially at the QB position. 

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No but you seem to suggest that because Peyton likes him that he must be a future great QB. Michael Jordan had a horrible eye for talent as does Elway especially at the QB position. 

No I’m saying they’ve personally trained this guy and he’s their protege. 

He does have a unique backstory and it'll be interesting to see what becomes of him. I think the Giants should just let him ride the bench for the year. Let Eli take the hits and then go into next year's draft with a high pick. Draft an OL and then insert Daniel Jones as the starter.

The problem I have is that the Giants should have traded back or just trusted how the draft would fall. There wasn't anyone else who was truly going to draft Jones. Maybe the Dolphins, but that's about it.

1 hour ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

He does have a unique backstory and it'll be interesting to see what becomes of him. I think the Giants should just let him ride the bench for the year. Let Eli take the hits and then go into next year's draft with a high pick. Draft an OL and then insert Daniel Jones as the starter.

The problem I have is that the Giants should have traded back or just trusted how the draft would fall. There wasn't anyone else who was truly going to draft Jones. Maybe the Dolphins, but that's about it.

That I do agree with. If he’s your secret, why rush to grab him?

23 hours ago, Captain F said:

He is poop.

Reading that, the first thing that came to mind...

4007de1387c78dae335cb74d02ebce8b56660aa0777d12b8a75208b3e75b479d.jpg.b21beb0759c2fbbcb3c79c43d8ea3151.jpg

No, but you gotta love how much of a bunch of drama queens the Giants fans are over this choice.    I honestly believe that Gettleman sees Jones as a clone of Eli - and with Eli's stats and overall record against the Eagles through the years, I would love if Jones is an Eli clone.    But Eli did win 2 rings and you have to respect that.

This blog usually sucks, but this one article provides what I believe are fair rankings for the young NFC East QBs. 

1. Wentz - Best of the bunch, but is injured far too often. Eagles will have to give him a new contract soon which will hinder their ability to stack other positions. Most likely to be replaced in 3 years.

2. Dak - Not as much upside, but is steady and always plays. Will need a contract soon as well.

3. Jones - Better and more athletic than people think. Will need a year of seasoning. Doesn’t have a super high ceiling. 

4. Haskins - Feels like a forced pick. Most likely to bust. 

https://www.nj.com/sports/2019/04/ranking-nfc-east-quarterbacks-of-the-future-oft-injured-carson-wentz-to-giants-daniel-jones.html

6 minutes ago, axe_man_trotter said:

Example : John Elway

Exactly. Now maybe Peyton has a real eye for it but maybe he doesn't. 

On 4/26/2019 at 11:35 PM, nottingham14 said:

Yes I know it’s the Giants. Yes i know it’s Gettleman. I hate them too. But the Mannings have basically attached their name and cache to this guy. That gives me pause when it comes to Jones at 6.

The Manning’s have been running camps for years and this guy is the first one they’ve ran out as "their guy.” And I know people love to hate on Eli too. But this guy is attached to Peyton Manning, one of the greatest football minds we’ve seen. Jones has been breed a Peyton clone at their camp. I think they have a lot riding on this guy in terms of marketing their camps. Putting the Manning name on it is huge. Having a NFL legend graduate would be pure vindication.

I think this is why Gettleman is "in love” with this guy. I don’t buy the senior bowl crap. The Mannings have worked a deal to have Eli mentor their personally vouched for diamond in the rough that will make the GM who drafted him look like a genius. And we all know how important that is to Gettleman. 

We get it.  You think he is the next Drew Brees

On 4/29/2019 at 8:19 AM, BKLYNYG said:

This blog usually sucks, but this one article provides what I believe are fair rankings for the young NFC East QBs. 

1. Wentz - Best of the bunch, but is injured far too often. Eagles will have to give him a new contract soon which will hinder their ability to stack other positions. Most likely to be replaced in 3 years.

2. Dak - Not as much upside, but is steady and always plays. Will need a contract soon as well.

3. Jones - Better and more athletic than people think. Will need a year of seasoning. Doesn’t have a super high ceiling. 

https://www.nj.com/sports/2019/04/ranking-nfc-east-quarterbacks-of-the-future-oft-injured-carson-wentz-to-giants-daniel-jones.html

Flip #3 and #4. Haskins was the higher projected pick on virtually everyone's board but Gettleman. Even Lock was rated higher on most mock drafts. All of a sudden Jones is better because the Giants picked him #6 overall?  So Jones seems like the forced pick. The Giants would have likely had him at #17 if they waited. The biggest knock on Haskins is he was drafted by the Redskins who have a history of bad QB injuries: Alex Smith, RGIII, etc.

3 minutes ago, toolg said:

Flip #3 and #4. Haskins was the higher projected pick on virtually everyone's board but Gettleman. Even Lock was rated higher on most mock drafts. All of a sudden Jones is better because the Giants picked him #6 overall?  So Jones seems like the forced pick. The Giants would have likely had him at #17 if they waited. The biggest knock on Haskins is he was drafted by the Redskins who have a history of bad QB injuries: Alex Smith, RGIII, etc.

Nope, I'll leave it the way it is. Haskins will be a bust, watch. There's a reason he dropped. 

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

Nope, I'll leave it the way it is. Haskins will be a bust, watch. There's a reason he dropped. 

The only reason Jones didn't drop is because Gettleman pulled the trigger too early. They're both pocket passers:
Haskins has a cannon arm and makes good pre-snap reads. Mobility and decision-making mid-play are the concerns.
Jones has good size and was coached well. He throws a floater for a deep ball and doesn't play well outside of the pocket. Luckily the Giants will have to keep everything short because they don't have good blocking up front.

3 hours ago, paco said:

We get it.  You think he is the next Drew Brees

No, he thinks he's the next Peyton Manning, Try to keep up, Paco!

On 4/27/2019 at 3:27 AM, nottingham14 said:

Watch the guy play. It’s like watching Peyton out there. 

Yah, everybody who is high on Jones says he reminds them of Payton.  How was Payton's arm compared to this guy?

On 4/29/2019 at 8:19 AM, BKLYNYG said:

:roll: Joe Giglio 

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

:roll: Joe Giglio 

Is he your neighbor? 

The blog is a joke. I only said I agreed with the rankings. 

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

Is he your neighbor? 

The blog is a joke. I only said I agreed with the rankings. 

No. But I know his B.S from Twitter