flybynite

ESPN Monday Night Football replaces Witten with Booger McFarland as color commentator

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/42308/Joe-Tessitore-Bogger-McFarland-Annnounced-As-MNF-Crew

ESPN has announced Joe Tessitore and Booger McFarland will be their commentator team for Monday Night Football. Lisa Salters will be the sideline reporter again this season.

McFarland debuted last season as a field-level analyst.

Jason Witten spent one season in the booth before returning to the Dallas Cowboys.

You can only improve getting rid of Jason Witten right?

Booger McFarland: Hold my beer(and my crane)

This should make people at the games happy, not having Booger in their line of sight at times. Unless they get someone to replace Booger. 

I could not listen to MNF last year. I'm glad Witten is gone but Tessitore and Mcfarland are also bad. Tessitore sounds like hes commentating a WWF event. Looks like I'll be muting it again this year.

If they have to put McFarland in the booth to get rid of the stupid crane, that's fine by me.

1 hour ago, toolg said:

If they have to put McFarland in the booth to get rid of the stupid crane, that's fine by me.

As long as they also get rid of his mic, too.

It feels like there's some agenda with Booger. He's not good, yet they keep expanding his role. He was doing the draft last week, too. Public opinion is squarely negative on him, so what are the ESPN suits using to judge his fitness to co-host major broadcasts?

54 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Better than having Witten I guess

I think that's debatable. Witten could've maybe gotten better with seasoning. Nothing's gonna fix Booger's hater mentality or his inability to speak clearly.

Booger grew on me a bit. Way better than Wittens rambling. Like everyone I hated the fact Booger was blocking people's view at the game. I hope they don't keep that aspect, so stupid. 

4 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

What kind of a nickname is "Booger", anyway?

One that toughens you up as a kid so you make the pros

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not even gonna watch MNF unless the eagles are on

I am kinda stuck as a fantasy league I play in is sponsored by a local sports bar and we have to attend Monday night get together.  Good thing is it is usually so loud you can not here the commentating.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

I am kinda stuck as a fantasy league I play in is sponsored by a local sports bar and we have to attend Monday night get together.  Good thing is it is usually so loud you can not here the commentating.

I can't go out for eagles games I get to drunk and don't remember the game lol

23 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I can't go out for eagles games I get to drunk and don't remember the game lol

I have to really concentrate during Monday night Eagles games to not get trashed, it can get away from me pretty quick.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I have to really concentrate during Monday night Eagles games to not get trashed, it can get away from me pretty quick.

Lol, I hear you. That is how it goes for me. Luckily I can walk to the local pub. 

6 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

What kind of a nickname is "Booger", anyway?

th?id=OIP.3USEtMpSmhLjmGpeggJqqgHaEK&pid=Api&P=0&w=316&h=178

Turn the TV sound to mute.

Listen to NFL radio or music.

It could be worse.  I can't tell you how many times I've found myself shouting, "Shut up, Chrissy!!!", when Chris Stupidworth is one of the guys.  It happens so often that my friends have come to think of me shouting, "Shut up, Chrissy!!!", as one of the normal sounds of football season.

Witten was terrible but booger mcfarland is a downright joke......he sounds like the big mouth at the bar babbling louder than the TV.........I guess I'll keep the sound down again this year....