flybynite

ESPN Monday Night Football replaces Witten with Booger McFarland as color commentator

So they made it worse  lol hahahahahahahahaha the fall of ESPN continues, can't wait for crap  station to die..

29 minutes ago, pencil face said:

So they made it worse  lol hahahahahahahahaha the fall of ESPN continues, can't wait for crap  station to die..

Outside of live games and 30 for 30, it's absolutely worthless anymore.

They need to right the ship. Maybe adding a few more hot take shows will do it. 

On 5/2/2019 at 9:11 AM, flybynite said:

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/42308/Joe-Tessitore-Bogger-McFarland-Annnounced-As-MNF-Crew

ESPN has announced Joe Tessitore and Booger McFarland will be their commentator team for Monday Night Football. Lisa Salters will be the sideline reporter again this season.

McFarland debuted last season as a field-level analyst.

Jason Witten spent one season in the booth before returning to the Dallas Cowboys.

You can only improve getting rid of Jason Witten right?

Booger McFarland: Hold my beer(and my crane)

Remember Booger venting about domestic violence and ignoring an Eagle interception during their most recent game on MNF?

2 hours ago, Procus said:

Remember Booger venting about domestic violence and ignoring an Eagle interception during their most recent game on MNF?

TBF, it was the entire crew. They didnt start talking about the play until after they came back from commercial.

HOWEVER... as much as i ranted about that, I do not blame them in full. During that broadcast there was an awkward pause during that dialogue. As if they thought "crap, big play, what do we do?", before an ESPN MNF producer said in their ear "no, this is good s***. Keep telling viewers not to hit women"

11 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

30 for 30... and the 30 for 30 Shorts... are awesome.

On 5/3/2019 at 1:36 PM, vincent_NJG said:

Fixed.

Maybe Van Pelt could be thrown in there but that's about it...

1 hour ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Fixed.

Maybe Van Pelt could be thrown in there but that's about it...

Van Pelt is alright but I'm not purposely tuning in for him. 

If there isn't a live game I want to watch or a 30 for 30, I'm scrolling on past ESPN.

I prefer MNF in spanish.  that's how bad the regular crew has been last few years.

They should have tried to get Kirk Herbstreit to make the move to MNF. 

I believe Tony Romo's contract will be up after this season with CBS.  Highly likely ESPN goes after him.

I don't mind Tessitore and McFarland.  Just as long as it's not Trey Wingo.

How about Al Michaels, Dan Fouts and Dennis Miller? Watching a Jets/Phins game from 2000 on NFL Network now. 

5 hours ago, LacesOut said:

How about Al Michaels, Dan Fouts and Dennis Miller? Watching a Jets/Phins game from 2000 on NFL Network now. 

I hated Dennis Miller. He was terrible. All his jokes seemed forced and pre-planned. And was never funny. 

On 5/5/2019 at 11:04 AM, Wallyhorse said:

They should have tried to get Kirk Herbstreit to make the move to MNF. 

I'd be down with that . 

4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I hated Dennis Miller. He was terrible. All his jokes seemed forced and pre-planned. And was never funny. 

I liked Dennis Miller as a comedian, but you're right about him as a broadcaster. It was obvious that he scripted all his material ahead of time, and his comments always seemed forced.

These guys they are putting out there make me miss John Madden. I'm actually being serious I enjoyed Madden lol

I like McFarland on the Sirius NFL Network, he's got some good points and comes across well.  Give him a chance.