So my girl and I plan to go to the eagles vs cowboys game and was wondering where everyone recommend to set? And we are coming from MN do y’all recommend renting a car or is public transit good to get around

Check out this guide. And, yes, public transit will get you everywhere, from the airport, to the city, and to the stadiums, if you want to avoid having a car and paying for parking in the city (or at the game, or at the hotel.) 

The subway will literally take you to the parking lot at the stadium. It's super easy and a much better option than driving to the stadium.

There really isn't a bad seat at the Linc. It depends where do you prefer to sit and how much do you want to pay? Some fans only like to sit at the 50-yard line and are willing to pay the big bucks for it, and that's fine. The first time I got seats behind the goalpost I thought I'd hate it; but I got to see the field from the player's perspective, I saw the plays develop and the players moving across the field... It was a perspective you don't get from sitting on the sides and I thought it was great.

About renting a car, again it's a personal choice about where you want to go and what you want to see in Philly. If your biggest concern is getting to and from the game, public transportation is the best option (SEPTA or find a taxi/uber).

And when should I look into buying my ticket for eagles vs cowboys game? Someone said to wait till closer to game time that the tickets on ticket master will go down?

1 hour ago, Menaguy74 said:

And when should I look into buying my ticket for eagles vs cowboys game? Someone said to wait till closer to game time that the tickets on ticket master will go down?

You should have tried to buy today (day tickets went on sale) at 10 AM.

I’d try to buy ASAP.

EDIT: I just checked the Eagles’ site/Ticketmaster, and there are a very limited number of single tickets still available, starting at $117 excluding fees.  Unless that game ultimately means nothing (like the 2017 season finale), you won’t get a better rate.

1 minute ago, Menaguy74 said:

Ya they are sold out have buy from ticket exchange 

Scattered singles are still available.  If you need one ticket, you can still get it.  If you need more than one, you will need to go through a resale site like Ticketmaster Exchange.

I’m seeing two tickets for the 12/22 game starting at $164 each on Ticketmaster (resale tickets).

The above cost is probably reasonable, but I’d monitor things for a few weeks to see how the prices change.

Yep I got it 🙂 thanks where do you like to set

I recommend sitting in the upper deck, partly because it will be cheaper but more so because you can see the whole field better, even though you are further away.  I personally have a slight preference for sideline seats because the action will never be on the opposite end of the field if you are sitting near the middle of the field, but sometimes I like sitting in end zone seats because you can see plays develop better from behind or in front of a play.  If you haven't attended any football games before, I think you should sit on the sideline so you can get a view reasonably similar to what you are familiar with (i.e. what you get on TV).  I recommend sitting close to but not at the end of an aisle, especially the aisle closer to the middle of the field relative to your seat (if you sit on the end, people walking up and down the steps will block your view fairly often; you'll also have to stand up fairly often to let people out of your row).  Finally, because the Cowboys game is in the latter half of December, I strongly suggest sitting in the west stands (Sections 201-207, 239-244) on north stands (Sections 233-237) so that any cold, northwest wind is blocked by the stadium structure itself and it isn't blowing on you.

Two other tips - try not to stand during plays unless many people around you are also standing (or if you are in the last row, in which case standing doesn't matter).  Standing a lot when everyone else or almost everyone else is sitting annoys the hell out of the fans sitting behind you.  Also, try not to leave your seat for restroom breaks or concessions during game action; wait until there is TV timeout (i.e. change of possession, scoring play, end of quarter, 2 minute warning, etc.) to get up to go do what you need to do.  If necessary, wait until another TV timeout to return to your seat (unless your seat is near the front of the section and near an aisle such that you can get back to your seat between plays without blocking your fellow fans' view of live plays.)

P.S. If you live in Minnesota, you should try to attend the Eagles/Vikings game in Minneapolis in early October too.  (Ironically, I'll probably make a road trip to that game.)

1 minute ago, Menaguy74 said:

Someone said don’t see endzone up top? I don’t know why 

If you sit high, you shouldn't have a problem seeing the end zones.  Obviously the opposite end zone will be far away but you can still see it, and the near end zone will be below you.  You can also see the end zones without a problem from the sideline seats.

9 hours ago, Menaguy74 said:

Ya I was thinking prob up top sidelines someone said the first 9 rows have there own section?

First 4 rows of the upper level are the "loge" sections. They are a bit closer to the field and divided from the rest of the rows in the upper level. 

Honestly there is no bad seat in the house. You can wait but either way is a risk. With it being the end of the season youll get either super high priced tickets if the game means anything for the div. Even if they already won the div the prices will be high cause its the cowboys.  The ONLY way they reduce is if the Eagles dont have a snow balls chance at making the playoffs. So there is a risk by waiting if the season goes anything like we all hope it will. 

How does row 1 upper lvl vs row 5  upper lvl compare to view? How much closer are you to the field?

The seats in Rows 1-4 in the upper deck are physically separated from the rest of the seats in that level.  Those rows are directly above the club level.  I wouldn't say the view is dramatically better, but if there isn't much of a price difference between Row 1 seats and Row 5 seats, I'd jump on buying the Row 1 seats.

The biggest negative I remember about sitting in rows 1-4 in the upper deck (and I'm pretty sure I've only sat there once, for the Notre Dame/Temple game back in 2015) is there are a lot of seats in the row.  That may only be true of selected sections though.