Sign in to follow this  
Don Corleone

NFL changes start times of Sunday Divisional playoff games

This week’s league meetings have resulted in an end to certain kinds of contact drills for training camp practices, the green light for possible changes to the pass interference replay rule and the start times for some playoff games.

The league announced on Wednesday that Divisional Round games played on Sunday will now start at 3 p.m. ET and 6:30 p.m. ET. They had previously kicked off at 1 p.m. ET and 4:40 p.m. ET.

Those are the same kickoff times as the conference title games and the change should allow for more flexibility about scheduling games involving teams that play in the Mountain or Pacific time zones. With the kickoff moved to a later time, there’s now an opening to schedule a home team in any time zone for any of the game slots.

The league has also changed the rules for weekly broadcasts in the regular season. The so-called singleheader rule has been lifted in an effort to make sure each market has three televised games on FOX and CBS each week.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/22/nfl-changes-start-times-of-sunday-divisional-playoff-games/

I don’t mind that. I tend to like when the end of football games leads right into bed time. 

The last part is actually pretty big for out of market folks like myself. There are time that the Eagles played Carolina, Atlanta or Tennessee and I still couldn't get the game because of these stupid rules.

Time to boycott!

1 hour ago, xzmattzx said:

What was the singleheader rule?

American Football is a great sport to follow, you should look into it

this is great news 

On 5/22/2019 at 12:29 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

I don’t mind that. I tend to like when the end of football games leads right into bed time. 

Meetoo . . . then I can drift off to sleep . . . watching  Ertz, Agholor, Alshon and now DJax scoring their TDs in my dreams.

Life is good!   <g>