stillhoneymooning

Nick Foles excused from OTA's indefinitely for personal reasons

I hope everything's ok with his wife. I know that she has had some health issues in the past.

YIKES.

God bless and good luck, Nick.

37 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

My thoughts are with Foles and his family. 

Mine also.  It would be unfortunate to see something off the field derail his shot to be the guy after leaving the Eagles.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Mine also.  It would be unfortunate to see something off the field derail his shot to be the guy after leaving the Eagles.

Yeah absolutely! I mean can you imagine!

I wish the best for Nick and his family. 

When your new head coach simply says excused indefinitely and our thoughts and prayers are with their family you know its heavy situation. 

Prayers really do go out to Nick. 

Man what is there to say. The guy was literally the key to answering so many of our prayers. 

My heart sunk when I read this report. 

We ALL Love you Nick. 

Whatever it is, I hope it all works out for the very best. 

It sounds serious.  Adam Schefter said when he started to inquire he was told "don't ask".   :sad:

2 minutes ago, paco said:

It sounds serious.  Adam Schefter said when he started to inquire he was told "don't ask".   :sad:

Oh God that doesn't sound good. If it is a miscarriage then that's truly awful and so so sad. 

They lost their baby boy at 15 weeks.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByENO0AH0ec/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

torifoles

Read below for full story. 
So thankful for this family right here and miss having them right down the street!

Our weekend together was not quite as planned, but blessed by their presence and the help they provided us with an unexpected set of circumstances that nick and I suddenly found ourselves in. 

As several of you knew, we were about 15 weeks pregnant with our 2nd baby. Early Sunday morning after a rough couple days fighting a "virus” of some sort, I went into sudden labor and knew something was wrong. Not long after we learned we had miscarried our baby boy. To fully labor and deliver and even see our baby boy was a pretty devastating process. Come to find that I had contracted an infection of pneumonia in the blood. The emotions go back and forth from immense and overwhelming sadness, confusion and anger to a firm belief that God has this fully in his hands and will use this for good. We cannot always understand or explain, but we know that is true.

We’ve endured some unique challenges as a couple so far, but never quite knew what something like this felt like and now we do. We have so much compassion and sensitivity to those who have gone through a miscarriage at any point and in any circumstance. We know they all happen very differently. 
We are finally home from the hospital and recovering physically from the infection with antibiotics (already much better) as well as emotionally from this traumatic loss. This will take time. 

Thank you Taylor family for being here this weekend. We had a pretty fun weekend planned, and it was turned upside down, but God knew we needed you. ❤️

Damnit that's tough to hear. My heart truly goes out to Foles and his family. I hope he'll be able to rebound a bit from this before the season.

Best wishes & prayers with you Nick during this challenging phase in your life....

I believe the statistic is 1 in 4 women will suffer one. Absolutely shocking and sad. This too, especially with her post, just hits me so hard with being a new-ish dad.

Not to get too political, but to criminalize a woman for having a miscarriage---as is on the table in many states---is beyond despicable.

My heart goes out to this family. 

Almost everyone goes through this or some without knowing they were even pregnant in the first place. It does suck but, not uncommon at all. 

8 hours ago, madriver said:

Not to get too political, but to criminalize a woman for having a miscarriage---as is on the table in many states---is beyond despicable.

My heart goes out to this family. 

WTF are you talking about. That's not a thing

23 minutes ago, paco said:

WTF are you talking about. That's not a thing

I just assumed he saw some negative comments on social media or something🤷‍♂️

Uninformed voters aside, my heart goes out to his family.  Depending on which forums you venture in you may or may not know about the struggles my wife and I have gone through to try to start our family.  We are now in year 5 of fertility treatments and have nothing to show for it but heartache.  Having been through this I can tell you first hand this is never easy.  And considering it was caused by pneumonia, you know they are blaming themselves. Right or wrong, that's where your head goes.  This has to be extremely hard for them and I hope they are surrounded by their loved ones right now during this difficult time.