Sign in to follow this  
VaBeach_Eagle

Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2019? Who gets fired?

With 2019 training camps about a month and a half away, it's not too soon to start thinking about the 'Hot Seat'. So, who's on it this year?

Jay Gruden?
Jason Garrett?
John Harbaugh?

I'd add Andy to the list, but I think last season has given him at least a couple more years off the hot seat.

Feels like an off year for firings as it should be coming off 7.  What does Garrett need to do for an extension?  SB or bust?  I know Bill O'Brien just got an extension but he's been living on excuses for a while now.  Jay Gruden has been doing as well as can be asked, but somebody needs to be the scapegoat and it won't be the FO.  Mike Zimmer definitely needs a big season in Minny.  The Arians experiment in Tampa has 1 and done symptoms all over it.  Matt Patrica needs to show progress immediately.

20 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Marvin Lew... oh wait. Finally!

Mike Zimmer

Matt Patricia

Mike Tomlin

Bill O'Brien

Sean McDermott

Good list.

Never thought we'd see the day that Marvin Lewis would finally get booted.

The only one on the list I think is safe is Mike Tomlin. But I thought for sure he would get the axe after last year's disaster.

19 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Good list.

Never thought we'd see the day that Marvin Lewis would finally get booted.

The only one on the list I think is safe is Mike Tomlin. But I thought for sure he would get the axe after last year's disaster.

I feel like Marvin Lewis was a mainstay on these lists for a solid decade :roll:

I know the Steelers don't cycle through coaches very often, but I feel like Tomlin is on the hot seat if the Steelers finish behind the Browns and Ravens, especially after kicking their two best players to the curb.