VaBeach_Eagle

Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2019? Who gets fired?

1 minute ago, Wallyhorse said:

Big difference with being an assistant and being the front man.

But he was the frontman for a half season. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

But he was the frontman for a half season. 

Interim is not the same as permanent. 

1 minute ago, Wallyhorse said:

Interim is not the same as permanent. 

Doesn’t matter as you have nothing to back up your theory anyway. 

11 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Doesn’t matter as you have nothing to back up your theory anyway. 

His theories are usually after there is absolutely no way of knowing his theory could of happened. If it a prediction. It absolutely never happens. 

2 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Cowpies fired everyone :roll:

Honestly, it was the only way to do it and I didn't think Jerruh had the guts.  If they are bringing in a new regime with a high profile coach he needs to pick his own assistants.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

Honestly, it was the only way to do it and I didn't think Jerruh had the guts.  If they are bringing in a new regime with a high profile coach he needs to pick his own assistants.

Not yet.  Those reports were false (for now).

Jerrah doesn't have to do anything, Garrett can just leave and go to The Meadowlands, which has been widely believed to be where he lands if his contract with the Cowboys is not renewed.

7 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Chip is NOT leaving UCLA.

No, I was just teasing Giants fans. Besides, they'll hire Jason Garrett in a few days...

19 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So Shurmur's the only coach fired so far? I can't really say I'm surprised about him being fired, but like Kitchens, I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd been given another year.

Yeah cause the Skins and Panthers couldn’t even wait til the season was over to fire their guy. And Garrett’s contract expired so no need to fire him. 

12 minutes ago, nipples said:

To me the only "surprise” was Gase staying. He should be paying Manning half his salary for making him. 

He may still end up getting let go with his attitude lately 

Doug Marrone is somehow keeping his job. 

2 hours ago, Mat said:

Doug Marrone is somehow keeping his job. 

Makes it awkward since he benched Foles and can’t cut him

26 minutes ago, boogyman said:

If Garrett is a shoe in to be fired why had it not happened yet? Dallas has an odd way of running their team.

Doesn't his contract expire tomorrow?  Maybe letting it expire means there isnt some sort of settlement payout.

Totally guessing here.

Edit:  It expires Jan 14th.  That's what I get for regurgitating something I read on cowboyszone.com

26 minutes ago, paco said:

Doesn't his contract expire tomorrow?  Maybe letting it expire means there isnt some sort of settlement payout.

Totally guessing here.

Edit:  It expires Jan 14th.  That's what I get for regurgitating something I read on cowboyszone.com

I dunno. If you know for sure you are moving on just get it done. I wonder if Jerry is so used to having Jason as his yes man that he is hesitant, even now, to replacing him. I am probably wrong but why he was not fired monday afternoon makes no sense to me.

2 hours ago, boogyman said:

I dunno. If you know for sure you are moving on just get it done. I wonder if Jerry is so used to having Jason as his yes man that he is hesitant, even now, to replacing him. I am probably wrong but why he was not fired monday afternoon makes no sense to me.

To make a spectacle of it

16 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

To make a spectacle of it

Maybe. That usually plays out well in these situations.

6 minutes ago, heavywchamp said:

I'd be shocked if O'Brien still has his job by the end of the day Monday. 

I think so, too. Six years of not getting out of the divisional round, and especially because the AFC South rival Titans did, will be enough.

32 minutes ago, BCEagle said:

I think so, too. Six years of not getting out of the divisional round, and especially because the AFC South rival Titans did, will be enough.

Yeah Watson still has time but Hopkins is in his prime. Can't waste him like they did Johnson. O'Brian has been terrible for years despite collecting enough wins to make the playoffs every now and then. Crennel is also Billy Davis type bad if not worse at DC