VaBeach_Eagle

Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2019? Who gets fired?

Recommended Posts

On 10/27/2019 at 7:17 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

How about Kitchens?

Kitchens I think lasts the year, but I don't see him lasting beyond that.  Could see him demoted back to OC if the right HC comes along. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 8:09 PM, ShakeThatMonkey said:

I think Dan Quinn's week is up. But Arthur Blank is an owner who generally doesn't do impromptu things like this. 

The Falcons need to look for an offensive minded HC this time around.

The Falcons would actually be a good spot for Jay Gruden if they want someone with prior HC experience. He'd be able to get the most out of Matt Ryan and the offense. If he can make Kirk Cousins and the Redskins look decent, imagine what he could do with a legit QB + Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Austin Hooper!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone likely getting fired that would be a good OC for us?

On 10/29/2019 at 7:58 PM, eaglesfan0075 said:

The Falcons would actually be a good spot for Jay Gruden if they want someone with prior HC experience. He'd be able to get the most out of Matt Ryan and the offense. If he can make Kirk Cousins and the Redskins look decent, imagine what he could do with a legit QB + Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Austin Hooper!

How long does Julio plan on playing for?

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Does Nagy's seat start heating up or would benching Trubisky help him?

I think benching him would help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Anyone likely getting fired that would be a good OC for us?

Would it be too selfish to hope Frank gets fired and comes back? :huh: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Would it be too selfish to hope Frank gets fired and comes back? :huh: 

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Does Nagy's seat start heating up or would benching Trubisky help him?

I think it only works if Trubisky was not his choice. If he was, Nagy's fate is tied to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jfluke said:

I think it only works if Trubisky was not his choice. If he was, Nagy's fate is tied to him.

Trubisky was drafted under John Fox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Trubisky was drafted under John Fox.

Right. I lost a year somewhere. Too many pills, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Lynns seat cooled a little today with the win over GB. He has to do something with the momentum though or it'll get hot.

Kitchens and Quinn both seem the most likely candidates right now. Those teams were hyped as contenders.

Gase may be 1 and done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jfluke said:

Right. I lost a year somewhere. Too many pills, lol

What made me remember was the game we played them in 2017, and the sign that a Bears fan had in the stands. When I saw it, it took me a couple of seconds to realize what it was all about.

cropped_DPlS2UjVQAEiJYG.thumb.jpg.dca894bab41e16045f7de15bcec6cf5f.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

What made me remember was the game we played them in 2017, and the sign that a Bears fan had in the stands. When I saw it, it took me a couple of seconds to realize what it was all about.

cropped_DPlS2UjVQAEiJYG.thumb.jpg.dca894bab41e16045f7de15bcec6cf5f.jpg

Lol. 

Then Nagy was brought in to be the QB guru right? That could be a problem if he can't bring their prize draft pick around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

What made me remember was the game we played them in 2017, and the sign that a Bears fan had in the stands. When I saw it, it took me a couple of seconds to realize what it was all about.

cropped_DPlS2UjVQAEiJYG.thumb.jpg.dca894bab41e16045f7de15bcec6cf5f.jpg

I don't get it. Why would he have a firefox sign?

OHHHHH LMAO I just got it after I exited this thread:roll::lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

I don't get it. Why would he have a firefox sign?

OHHHHH LMAO I just got it after I exited this thread:roll::lol:

That was my exact reaction when I saw it live... 'Why does he have a Firefox sign?? Firefox... fire Fox... I get it!'

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That was my exact reaction when I saw it live... 'Why does he have a Firefox sign?? Firefox... fire Fox... I get it!'

lol

It's very creative. I'm sure there were a lot of fans at the stadium asking him about it and then the lightbulb goes on:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

It's very creative. I'm sure there were a lot of fans at the stadium asking him about it and then the lightbulb goes on:lol:

Bears fan hilariously trolls John Fox in televised game against Eagles

Quote

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2017/11/27/18403010/bears-fan-hilariously-trolls-john-fox-in-televised-game-against-eagles

Things are not looking well for Bears coach John Fox.

During an embarrassing 31-3 loss to the Eagles on Sunday, a Bears fan trolled Fox in a creative and hilarious way.

The fan held up a giant "FireFox” web browser logo after former Bears wide receiver Alshon Jeffery scored a touchdown for the Eagles.

So either this is the fan’s favorite web browser or he’s really demanding the Bears oust Fox at the end of this season. I’m putting money on the latter.

This Bears fan wasn’t the first to use the web browser logo to put pressure on the Bears front office. And fans don’t appear to be backing down anytime soon.

Sun-Times Bears reporter Mark Potash changed his Twitter avatar to the "FireFox” logo after the Bears’ brutal 26-13 loss to the Packers this month.

One fan altered the logo to include Fox’s face.

Fox’s coaching future is inevitable. He has yet to have a winning season in Chicago since he took the position in 2015. Fox’s record also speaks for itself. The Bears are 12-31 during his tenure, and the team will likely finish in last-place in the NFC North for the third consecutive season.

Look on the bright side, Fox. At least the fanbase hasn’t put forward a crowdfunding effort for a giant billboard near your home turf, Soldier Field, calling for your firing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mike030270 said:

Anyone likely getting fired that would be a good OC for us?

Well Gruden would be great but I would imagine he is going to get HC consideration despite being fired as the Redskins HC. I can also see Gruden joining the Rams or 49ers as a consultant and reunite with either McVay or Shanahan.

The two guys that would make realistic sense for the Eagles are Matt Nagy and Pat Shurmur, although the latter probably bought himself more time with Daniel Jones and is less likely to get fired this year. Both guys have past history with the Eagles and Doug Pederson so the connection is there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jfluke said:

I think Lynns seat cooled a little today with the win over GB. He has to do something with the momentum though or it'll get hot.

Kitchens and Quinn both seem the most likely candidates right now. Those teams were hyped as contenders.

Gase may be 1 and done.

Yeah Quinn is gone, I think Gase gets another year.  Kitchens is hard to call simply because the Browns have been so bad so long and he's basically being punished for looking so competent as interim Head Coach. 

Baker Mayfield is the huge question mark for Cleveland though, at the moment he's more famous but no better than any number of other QB's the Browns have run out of town this century. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any coach that loses to a Dolphins team that should have probably gone 0-16 is not going to last long. Gase is pretty much gone. Terrible coach and a terrible hire in the first place by the Jets. 

Nagy probably gets 1 more season, but after the kicker shenanigans that went on all pre-season the Bears higher ups have to be questioning if he is the right guy. The coach can't be constantly harping on a past event, it's his responsibility for the team to move on and play for this season.

Quinn is gone, Kitchens was hired for Mayfields development and with the weapons on offense he has to be on a short leash 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Yeah Quinn is gone, I think Gase gets another year.  Kitchens is hard to call simply because the Browns have been so bad so long and he's basically being punished for looking so competent as interim Head Coach. 

Baker Mayfield is the huge question mark for Cleveland though, at the moment he's more famous but no better than any number of other QB's the Browns have run out of town this century. 

He wasn't their interim HC last year. Gregg Williams was. He was their OC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

He wasn't their interim HC last year. Gregg Williams was. He was their OC.

I thought Williams got fired late season and Kitchens stepped in? I should probably pay more attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Gase gets fired, he's going to have to settle for an OC job at his next NFL stop, or maybe join a team as a consultant or something like that.

The Eagles might be interested, since Gase was supposedly one of the guys the team interviewed for the HC spot before giving the job to Doug Pederson.

If this team manages to sneak in to the playoffs as a wild-card or even just miss out at 9-7 or 8-8, I don't know if we'll see Groh let go from the team. Our best hope might be to hope the team is smart enough to at least bring in someone to be a "offensive consultant", if not outright replace Groh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now