VaBeach_Eagle

Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2019? Who gets fired?

The appropriately named Kitchens might be the hottest seat in the NFL.  Team is totally falling apart in every which way.

4 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I thought Williams got fired late season and Kitchens stepped in? I should probably pay more attention.

Yeah, I actually thought the same. Forgot all about Gregg Williams.

So, Kitchens could be 1 and done along with Gase IMO. Their teams are just bad.

5 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

If Gase gets fired, he's going to have to settle for an OC job at his next NFL stop, or maybe join a team as a consultant or something like that.

The Eagles might be interested, since Gase was supposedly one of the guys the team interviewed for the HC spot before giving the job to Doug Pederson.

If this team manages to sneak in to the playoffs as a wild-card or even just miss out at 9-7 or 8-8, I don't know if we'll see Groh let go from the team. Our best hope might be to hope the team is smart enough to at least bring in someone to be a "offensive consultant", if not outright replace Groh. 

I want no part of Gase. 

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So, does Garrett get another contract or is he gone as soon as it expires?

I think this will be his final season barring a surprise Super Bowl win.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So, does Garrett get another contract or is he gone as soon as it expires?

Superbowl or bust. Which means he's gone.

9 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Superbowl Glory Hole or bust. Which means he's gone.

You sure that's not the correct way to say it?

13 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I think this will be his final season barring a surprise Super Bowl win.

Bar a Super Bowl win, regardless of his status... please, dear God... bar a Super Bowl win!!

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You sure that's not the correct way to say it?

Bar a Super Bowl win, regardless of his status... please, dear God... bar a Super Bowl win!!

I think we're good in that sense. They're clearly average at best. Let's say they actually win the division. The NFC wildcards are likely going to be between Seattle, Minnesota, Green Bay, and San Fran. All 4 can go into Dallas and knock them out. Hopefully not the Vikes, because I trust Cousins the least of those 4 in that situation.

29 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Wow I'm a bit surprised this happened now.

I am too. Not too surprised that they would fire him, but that they didn't let him finish out the year.

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I am too. Not too surprised that they would fire him, but that they didn't let him finish out the year.

Our new DC?  Howie should be on the phone immediately.  🙂 Not sure if he will have any other HC offers

29 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Our new DC?  Howie should be on the phone immediately.  🙂 Not sure if he will have any other HC offers

I thought that, but I don't know that he'd want to take a step down from head coaching. I'd think that he'll at least want to see what offers are out there, even if that means waiting a year or going to the college ranks.

6 minutes ago, Sturm said:

Sweet Christmas bring him home.

He might think of Chicago as 'home', more so than Philadelphia. He played and coached there. He won a Super Bowl as a player and coached in a Super Bowl as their DC.

4 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I would say the he is the next HC for the Skins.

On Quick Slants, Barrett Brooks and DGunn kind of speculated on him being in Dallas.

9 hours ago, NCTANK said:

Rivera deserved better than to be fired before the end of the season. 

I think he might have been treated better if Richardson still owned the team, but this new owner feels no loyalty towards him. 

7 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

On Quick Slants, Barrett Brooks and DGunn kind of speculated on him being in Dallas.

I don't see it. Assuming Garrett gets fired, Jerry would most likely be looking for a young hotshot coach rather than a retread. A retread is more likely for the Skins because young hotshots probably wouldn't be interested.

17 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

I don't see it. Assuming Garrett gets fired, Jerry would most likely be looking for a young hotshot coach rather than a retread. A retread is more likely for the Skins because young hotshots probably wouldn't be interested.

Yeah, I don't really see it either, but you never know.