VaBeach_Eagle

Black Monday: Who's on the Hot Seat in 2019? Who gets fired?

53 minutes ago, terrellowensisapuss said:

I love how the Browns think that the coach is the problem :lol: 

He was part of the problem.

54 minutes ago, boogyman said:

Why do I think the fact Dallas lit up a sorry Washington team in what proved to be a meaningless week 17 game might save Garret?

Because hope springs eternal? He's gone, though.

38 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

In all fairness, Kitchens is part of the issue there. 

14 minutes ago, BCEagle said:

He was part of the problem.

The coach isn't the problem here. Not saying Kitchens is great but if he's part of the problem, it's a small percentage. Browns are systemically bad.

image.thumb.png.f02587c4f27f1d205e9ce05130648fcb.png

Just now, terrellowensisapuss said:

The coach isn't the problem here. Not saying Kitchens is great but if he's part of the problem, it's a small percentage. Browns are systemically bad.

image.thumb.png.f02587c4f27f1d205e9ce05130648fcb.png

Yes he was part of the problem, and what the Browns did in 2008 is not an argument.

8 minutes ago, terrellowensisapuss said:

That's why I didn't post 2008. :facepalm:

I'm not sure what you're arguing here.

The link you posted, at least on my computer, shows the record of the Browns for every year since 2008. Since that time, the Browns have had a complete change of executive leadership, coaches, staff, and personnel. That has all happened since 2017, actually. I'm not saying that the problem with the Browns is limited to the coach. But Kitchens was pretty awful, and any half competent owner would take the opportunity to avail himself of Kitchens given the chance.

I'm not sure why you believe that doing the competent, rational thing is laughable or, further, how this is *proof* that the Browns or anyone believe the problem is limited to the HC.

Capture9999.JPG

8 hours ago, mike030270 said:

I think Mayfield is gone. New HC will likely want his own guy. Hopefully he saved that commercial money

I don't think they'll give up on him quite this quickly, but next year at this time, after they fire whoever they hired this year, they might be ready to move on from him.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Can we yet declare that Mayfield was absolutely drafted too high? That he's not going to be a franchise QB.

No I think unfortunately baker mayfield is finding out what most browns QBs have found out for twenty years and it's that no QB however good they might be can succeed in Cleveland until they get the culture right or the trend of the last 20 years changed for good. 

23 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

No I think unfortunately baker mayfield is finding out what most browns QBs have found out for twenty years and it's that no QB however good they might be can succeed in Cleveland until they get the culture right or the trend of the last 20 years changed for good. 

To be fair, Baker is an immature punk which contributes to a negative culture. So not sure they ever "get the culture right” while he’s there. 

14 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I so hope those reports of NYG being interested in Garrett are true if Dallas fires him. Could Shurmur be a potential Eagles OC candidate if Groh is fired? 

56 minutes ago, nipples said:

To be fair, Baker is an immature punk which contributes to a negative culture. So not sure they ever "get the culture right” while he’s there. 

Baker reminds me so much of Ryan Leaf and his play at times looks like Leaf as well. Browns have so many egos. Baker is not a leader, has always been an a-hole. Browns are never winning with him at QB unless he grows up, matures ASAP. 

Am I the only one that th ought Shurmur is a little stiff to get fired? Most thought Jones was a reach and a bad pick and he had him looking pretty good in his offense.

Add in the defensive side of the ball is awful. I'd probably give him another season unless I knew I was 100% getting Ron Rivera (which they aren't). 

13 minutes ago, Mat said:

Am I the only one that th ought Shurmur is a little stiff to get fired? Most thought Jones was a reach and a bad pick and he had him looking pretty good in his offense.

Add in the defensive side of the ball is awful. I'd probably give him another season unless I knew I was 100% getting Ron Rivera (which they aren't). 

100% AGREE. I hate NYG but this was a rebuilding team making the transition from Eli to a rookie QB and Jones had 24td/12int as a rookie...that is pretty good considering the team and injuries around him. 5th rd rookie Slayton was their top WR. Then they had a bunch of injuries at RB and WR. Jones was better than Kyler Murray, the #1 overall pick. 

RB
Barkley - missed 4 games (struggled in alot of games after his injury)

WR/TE
Engram - missed 10 games
Shepard - missed 6 games
Tate - missed 5 games
Slayton - missed 2 games

He also lost Beckham to the Browns in the offseason so had to find ways to replace that with his top three WR missing games and his top TE missing most of the season. 

I think that's harsh on Shurmur. I mean I'm not saying he was the right guy but that's a team rebuilding and that lacks talent especially on defense. 

1 hour ago, Jason1978 said:

I so hope those reports of NYG being interested in Garrett are true if Dallas fires him. Could Shurmur be a potential Eagles OC candidate if Groh is fired? 

Good question. I think he came from the Reid tree too. If he doesn't get another HC job, Doug might consider it.

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think that's harsh on Shurmur. I mean I'm not saying he was the right guy but that's a team rebuilding and that lacks talent especially on defense. 

Yep. from the outside, it looks to me like it's just Gettleman spraying and scent marking his territory. He was a little embattled this past off season, so now, it may just be that he's asserting himself at Pat's expense. If he ends up as the Eagles' OC with Doug, that wouldn't be bad.

I actually think Shurmur is a decent playcaller. They even mentioned it on the broadcast yesterday.

I liked him when he was OC here, would not mind having him back.

So Garrett entered the season as a lame duck coach on the last year of his contract. Jerruh doesn't even have to "fire" him. He just won't be brought back. Garrett looked and sounded happy and relieved yesterday knowing he wouldn't be back. 

40 minutes ago, heavywchamp said:

So Garrett entered the season as a lame duck coach on the last year of his contract. Jerruh doesn't even have to "fire" him. He just won't be brought back. Garrett looked and sounded happy and relieved yesterday knowing he wouldn't be back. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Garrett ends up at USC or UCLA.

So Shurmur's the only coach fired so far? I can't really say I'm surprised about him being fired, but like Kitchens, I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd been given another year.

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So Shurmur's the only coach fired so far? I can't really say I'm surprised about him being fired, but like Kitchens, I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd been given another year.

Kitchens was fired yesterday 

On 12/27/2019 at 4:51 PM, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Perhaps this guy

Image result for adam gase gif

Gase was never in danger of being fired in spite of Jets fans being admant of wanting him fired.  Jets played very well down the stretch and finished 7-9 after a 1-7 start (yeah, they could have won in Cincinnati, but I suspect the Bengals had gotten a letter from the NFL over potentially tanking to where they went back to Andy Dalton for that game out of concerns the NFL might take away draft picks if they didn't show they were "trying to win," same with the Dolphins when the Jets played them the first time as the Dolphins were to many clearly "Tanking for Tua" at that point).

Gase is going to have to improve on his 7-9 record (or at least match it with a much tougher schedule next year) or he could be on the hot seat.